Page 1 of 1

Optus vs Voda Details

Posted: Mon May 02, 2011 4:52 pm
by vosadrian
Hi All,

I have been using the Exetel Mobile X plans for several years with an iPhone. I recently recieved an email indicating that these services will soon be changing, and I need to change to something else, so I am just considering what to change to. Have always liked Extel, so considering the new Optus plans. The costs are obvious, but there are some other factor I can not see documented anywhere, so hoping someone here can answer for me:

* On my iPhone I have appreciated the visual voicemail offered on the Optus network. This has significantly reduced the cost of receiving voicemails, and makes storing, reviewing and managing them much nicer. Will the Optus plans offer this?

* I recently purchased an iPad and specifically got the wifi version so I could tether it to my iPhone. This works great and have been able to used the iPad on 3G at Mobile X data rate (which is aeound 5c per Mb). I believe some plans will not allow tethered connections. Do the optus plans allow this, and is the data rate the same as if the iPhone used the data.

* Is there anything else I havn't through of that may be worth considering when changing to the optus plans? Unexpected expensed that are very difference to the voda plans?

Thanks,

Adrian

Re: Optus vs Voda Details

Posted: Mon May 02, 2011 8:00 pm
by thejeg
vosadrian wrote:* On my iPhone I have appreciated the visual voicemail offered on the Optus network. This has significantly reduced the cost of receiving voicemails, and makes storing, reviewing and managing them much nicer. Will the Optus plans offer this?
- Exetel Mobile plans via the Optus Network, does not support Visual Voicemail.
vosadrian wrote:* I recently purchased an iPad and specifically got the wifi version so I could tether it to my iPhone. This works great and have been able to used the iPad on 3G at Mobile X data rate (which is aeound 5c per Mb). I believe some plans will not allow tethered connections. Do the optus plans allow this, and is the data rate the same as if the iPhone used the data.
- Please note that the new mobile plans does not support tethering.
vosadrian wrote:* Is there anything else I havn't through of that may be worth considering when changing to the optus plans? Unexpected expensed that are very difference to the voda plans?
Firstly we can waive the $20 activation fee and will send the new SIM out to you free of charge.
In addition to these benefits, the CAP plan value you will be moving on to will be cheaper than you currently pay with more included value on calls and data.

• More reliable network
• Faster and better coverage network
• Cheaper than the equivalent Exetel via Vodafone CAP plans
• Greater Call and SMS values than the equivalent Exetel via Vodafone CAP plans
• Greater data allowance than the equivalent Exetel via Vodafone CAP plans.

Re: Optus vs Voda Details

Posted: Tue May 03, 2011 5:16 pm
by vosadrian
I recently purchased an iPad Wifi because I did not want an extra data plan getting an iPad 3G, and I have an iPhone so can tether it off that when out of Wifi range. I have used it quite a bit tethered, and need to be able to do this ongoing. Is there any Exetel plans that will support tethering? I really need this feature and as much as I support your service, I may have to look elsewhere if the new plans do not have this feature.

When will my existing Voda Mobile X plan ease to work.... end of June??

Regards,

Adrian

Re: Optus vs Voda Details

Posted: Wed May 04, 2011 5:57 am
by thejeg
vosadrian wrote:Is there any Exetel plans that will support tethering?
We DO NOT allow tethering at this stage........
vosadrian wrote:When will my existing Voda Mobile X plan ease to work.... end of June??
yes!