Optus Provisioning Process Issues

Mobile phone plans, SIM card activation and porting issue
Chibrichish

Optus Provisioning Process Issues

Post by Chibrichish » Mon May 09, 2011 9:28 pm

Hi

Just for anyone considering moving over to Exetel Optus Plans from Exetel Vodafone plans. I really think you should give this some thought until Exetel has this sorted. My experience has been sub par.

SIM got activated today after 5 days - NOT 180mins
SIM still does not have Internet, MMS or SMS.

I have logged a ticket.

BTW. I am using YesINTERNET as my APN and this is not working for both SIMS that got activated today on different phones.

I understand that sometimes issues happen but would have thought that this was a simple process for a company doing hundreds of these a week.

Really Really annoyed by this.

Has anyone elses experience with porting from Exetel Voda to Exetel Optus been similar to mine.

vbap

Re: Optus Provisioning Process Issues

Post by vbap » Tue May 10, 2011 9:32 am

We ported from Exetel Voda to Exetel Optus in Feb this year - there were no issues, very smooth.

Have a scan on Whirlpool - you will see that there are always cases of porting issues for one reason or another, between any carrier. It's unfortunate that you were unlucky on this occasion.

paulp
Exetel Staff

Post by paulp » Tue May 10, 2011 11:09 am

Chibrichish,

Please PM your mobile service number.

I can only apologize for the issue and I will see what went wrong here.

Chibrichish

Post by Chibrichish » Tue May 10, 2011 11:39 am

PM Sent.

thejeg

Post by thejeg » Wed May 11, 2011 5:03 am

Chibrichish wrote:PM Sent.
A small fine tuning and you are ready to go... please check the service status after 1200 Hrs today :)

thejeg

Post by thejeg » Wed May 11, 2011 4:22 pm

thejeg wrote:
A small fine tuning and you are ready to go... please check the service status after 1200 Hrs today :)
This is now Sorted :)

vkrickles

Post by vkrickles » Sat May 14, 2011 9:11 pm

I have had a similar "rocky road" trying to port two mobiles from Exetel Vodafone to Exetel Optus.
One number was processed, but the second forgotten. Had to prompt via email to rectify this.
Two weeks later SIM cards had not been sent. Had to prompt via email to rectify this.
18 hours after "activation" still no service. Had to prompt via email to rectify this.
28 hours after "activation" still waiting for the second number/Sim to be activated.

Exetel provide some great services and I have been a customer since 2005, but their customer service in this case has been very poor.
In the past I have recommended others to join Exetel, but on this experience, would be reluctant to do so.

shoner

Post by shoner » Mon May 16, 2011 9:10 am

vkrickles wrote:I have had a similar "rocky road" trying to port two mobiles from Exetel Vodafone to Exetel Optus.
One number was processed, but the second forgotten. Had to prompt via email to rectify this.
Two weeks later SIM cards had not been sent. Had to prompt via email to rectify this.
18 hours after "activation" still no service. Had to prompt via email to rectify this.
28 hours after "activation" still waiting for the second number/Sim to be activated.

Exetel provide some great services and I have been a customer since 2005, but their customer service in this case has been very poor.
In the past I have recommended others to join Exetel, but on this experience, would be reluctant to do so.
It appears that due to an issue from our supplier end, the activation of your service was delayed :( we apologize for that. Your service should get activated with in the following 2 hours.
"Helping Making a Better World"

Log a fault ticket Here
or call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)
Exetel Support Portal

vkrickles

Post by vkrickles » Tue May 17, 2011 10:21 am

It appears that due to an issue from our supplier end, the activation of your service was delayed :( we apologize for that. Your service should get activated with in the following 2 hours.
[/quote]

Hi shoner
Thanks for your intervention. Both mobiles have been ported successfully.
The whole process was uncharacteristic of Exetel's good service. Have been with Exetel for over 6 years, and porting these two mobiles has been a lengthy and difficult process.
Thanks again.

shoner

Post by shoner » Tue May 17, 2011 12:37 pm

vkrickles wrote: Hi shoner
Thanks for your intervention. Both mobiles have been ported successfully.
The whole process was uncharacteristic of Exetel's good service. Have been with Exetel for over 6 years, and porting these two mobiles has been a lengthy and difficult process.
Thanks again.
We are happy that your services are working :)

Log a fault ticket Here
Exetel Support Portal

Chibrichish

Post by Chibrichish » Fri May 20, 2011 9:30 am

Hi

Sorry for the late reply, I have been super busy at work, but unfortunately I am not ready to go. I still don't have MMS. Voice, Data, SMS all good.

No MMS unfortunately.

Like "vkrickles" I am a customer since 2004 and can honestly say, my experiences up until this point have been superb. I too have converted many, many friends into Exetel customers, but this experience has been attrocius considering it is Exetel who wants me to go to Optus.

More information on this problem.

One of these recently converted friends has made this move and all was good in 2 hours, damn it :-)

HIS SIM in HIS phone = OK
MY SIM in HIS phone = FAIL

HIS SIM in MY phone = OK
MY SIM in MY phone = FAIL

Hopefully this can get resolved soon. (BTW, I have 2 SIMS with this problem)

Thanks

shoner

Post by shoner » Fri May 20, 2011 11:29 am

Chibrichish wrote:
Hopefully this can get resolved soon. (BTW, I have 2 SIMS with this problem)

Thanks
Can you PM me your SIM numbers and also let me know your Phone models. Have you configured the phone for MMS?

Log a fault ticket Here
Exetel Support Portal

Chibrichish

Post by Chibrichish » Fri May 20, 2011 12:09 pm

PM Sent.

Thanks

shoner

Post by shoner » Fri May 20, 2011 12:40 pm

Thanks
Thanks, checked the numbers and MMS is active from the supplier's end. :roll: That leaves us with the settings..
I have sent you settings save it your phone when saving it will ask for a PIN enter 5608 for mobile number ending with 608

When the settings have been received, pull down the top menu bar and open the Settings file.1
Enter the PIN and select Install.
Select Menu > Settings > Wireless controls > Mobile networks > Access Point Names.
Select Optus MMS
Scroll to APN type and ensure it is set to mms.
Return to the list of APNs and ensure one is selected for Browser use.

Log a fault ticket Here
Exetel Support Portal