July Z* mobile specials

Mobile phone plans, SIM card activation and porting issue
bnl

July Z* mobile specials

Post by bnl » Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:58 am

My partner and I are considering switching to one of the July special Exetel Z* plans, probably Z15. We are current Exetel ADSL customers, the service is in her name and I'm listed as an authorised representative. Both of us would require number porting (Optus prepaid and Vodafone postpaid). Can we both get a Z* plan or just my partner (the ADSL service is in her name)?

remosha
Exetel Staff

Re: July Z* mobile specials

Post by remosha » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:12 pm

bnl wrote:My partner and I are considering switching to one of the July special Exetel Z* plans, probably Z15. We are current Exetel ADSL customers, the service is in her name and I'm listed as an authorised representative. Both of us would require number porting (Optus prepaid and Vodafone postpaid). Can we both get a Z* plan or just my partner (the ADSL service is in her name)?

Both mobile numbers could be ported to Z plans offered via Exetel. However, ownership will be under the ADSL account holder's name.

sednaa

Post by sednaa » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:48 am

Hi Forum Admin,

I am interested in the Z* plan specials.
If I would like to have 2 SIM cards. One for my phone and one for my computer. What should I do about it (as I cannot specify it in the online form) and how much does it cost for the extra SIM?

Thanks for your help.

vbap

Post by vbap » Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:59 pm

sednaa wrote:If I would like to have 2 SIM cards. One for my phone and one for my computer. What should I do about it (as I cannot specify it in the online form) and how much does it cost for the extra SIM?
If you mean 2 SIM cards for the same service/mobile phone number, that's not possible.

remosha
Exetel Staff

Post by remosha » Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:03 pm

sednaa wrote:Hi Forum Admin,

I am interested in the Z* plan specials.
If I would like to have 2 SIM cards. One for my phone and one for my computer. What should I do about it (as I cannot specify it in the online form) and how much does it cost for the extra SIM?

Thanks for your help.

The SIM card for "Z" plans can not be used on your computer. For the use on your computer, you may need to purchase a Wireless Broadband Service. Please follow the link provided for more information:
http://www.exetel.com.au/residential-hs ... mation.php

If you wish to have two SIM cards under the same service / mobile number, it's not possible.

mjsgh

Post by mjsgh » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:06 pm

I am also interested in this offer, the Z15 plan in particular, but have a few questions.

Will I get charge extra (on top of the $15 monthly fee) if I do not go over call and data allowances (I won't be making international calls). That is there absolutely no hidden charges just $15 per month.

Secondly, my existing mobile contract (with another service provider) is not due to end until early August. So the question is can I get get this as a new service (i.e. new mobile number) before 24 July and when my existing contract finishes port my existing number to the new Exetel service and cancel the new mobile number.

I assume the service would be using the Optus network. Please confirm.

Finally, is there an extra discount applied to my existing internet service as I remember this was previouslyavailable when a mobile service was also purchased.

Many thanks.

toast

Post by toast » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:27 pm

mjsgh wrote:I am also interested in this offer, the Z15 plan in particular, but have a few questions.

Will I get charge extra (on top of the $15 monthly fee) if I do not go over call and data allowances (I won't be making international calls). That is there absolutely no hidden charges just $15 per month.

Secondly, my existing mobile contract (with another service provider) is not due to end until early August. So the question is can I get get this as a new service (i.e. new mobile number) before 24 July and when my existing contract finishes port my existing number to the new Exetel service and cancel the new mobile number.

I assume the service would be using the Optus network. Please confirm.

Finally, is there an extra discount applied to my existing internet service as I remember this was previouslyavailable when a mobile service was also purchased.

Many thanks.
Secondly.. I'd say 99.9% No. This is for ported services, or new services, can't migrate existing CAP plans. Maybe just port your current number and just pay the cancellation fees from the other provider.
Thirdly.. Yes
Finally.. No! There was a discount, because say with the CAP35 it cost $35 but discounted ADSL by $15.. so effectively a $20 mobile service. These plans are just a $15 plan.

bodogbodog

Post by bodogbodog » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:28 pm

Great value!
Well done on negotiating these deals for Exetel customers

oblong

Post by oblong » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:49 am

I currently have a Mobile Broadband service (WM-A) with voice and data for my mobile phone. When I look at the "Change Plan" options the "Z*" plans are not listed. Does that mean I can't convert to a Z plan? Is there any other way to convert and port the mobile number?

On that Change Plan page it lists the CAP plans. The column containing data values is headed "Included Call Value". Should that be something like "Included Data value"? And what is the meaning of the negative dollar values in the "Included Data" column?

Are the call rates/flagfall/excess data costs for the Z plans listed anywhere? They weren't mentioned in the e-mail that was sent out.

ShaminG
Exetel Staff

Post by ShaminG » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:41 am

I currently have a Mobile Broadband service (WM-A) with voice and data for my mobile phone. When I look at the "Change Plan" options the "Z*" plans are not listed. Does that mean I can't convert to a Z plan? Is there any other way to convert and port the mobile number?
You are currently under a Voice plan with Exetel thus, the Z plans will not be available for you to change. The only plan you can change your current mobile is the CAP plans.

On that Change Plan page it lists the CAP plans. The column containing data values is headed "Included Call Value". Should that be something like "Included Data value"? And what is the meaning of the negative dollar values in the "Included Data" column?
Yes it should be included data. The negative values represents the discount that you should have further received with this plan, if you had an ADSL service with us. You pay only the amount after the discount for the mobile if you had an ADSL service as well.

Are the call rates/flagfall/excess data costs for the Z plans listed anywhere? They weren't mentioned in the e-mail that was sent out.
Since the Z plans are not available for you, you will not be able to view the info.

rgormley

Post by rgormley » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:35 pm

Im looking to find information regarding the Z15 plan. and would like a REP to absolutely clarify my Question...

i did lodge a ticket and rang Exetel requesting this information but i have had different answers from different people. The question is....

Q: Is the Z15 plan voice mail "retrieval" costs included as part or the cap plan ie: included in the $440 inclusion, or is it an extra cost on top of the $15 monthly fee

the webpage is not very clear, i found this listed in the "Capped plan inclusions" section. My thinking is that the Z15 is a capped plan so Voice mail retrieval IS included in the $440 (at the plan rate +flag fall)

Capped Plan Inclusions

Standard calls to domestic landlines and mobiles
Standard Voicemail
Standard SMS to domestic and international mobiles
Standard MMS to domestic and international

johnny2times

Post by johnny2times » Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:42 pm

I'm interested in porting two numbers across to exetel (currently with Optus), and just know what ISN'T included on the Z39 plan advertised to members only.

Sorry if I'm missing something obvious, but I've been stung too many times by marketing lingo that includes words like 'unlimited'.

thanks.

pjred

Post by pjred » Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:20 pm

I am on a WM-C HSPA plan.

I am thinking of switching to a "z" plan.

If I cancel my WM-C plan and order a "z" plan, can I have my WM-C number ported across to the "Z" plan?

lkml2000

Post by lkml2000 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:55 pm

I am interested in the new Z plans. I am using an optus pre-paid mobile SIM which would be ended around late august.

My questions are

1. Can I apply the z plan and activated it a few weeks later?(ie get it around end july and activate around end august)?
2. When would I be charged for the plan? After you sending out the SIM or after the SIM is activated?
3. Do you have a limit on how long a delay is allowed for the user to activate a new SIM?
4. Can I port the number across?
5. I may have missed the charges for the SIM card delivery and account activation charges, could you tell me how much are they?

Thanks

Shrude

Post by Shrude » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:46 am

Big User..

I received an email from Exetel yesterday announcing Discounted Mobile Plans with Exetel

In this email we are misled and offered 4,000 minutes on the Z39:

Yet, within the Members Facility "Mobile Plan List" - (need to be logged in)
https://www.exetel.com.au/members/mobile_plans.php
it states:
2,000 minutes + 2000 minutes to Exetel Mobiles.
So, is it 4,000 minutes but only 2000 min to other mobiles.

They still havent answered my email as to whether MMS is included or in fact WHAT the MMS charge IS.
they dont state the MMS charge ANYWHERE.

The email is Misleading and has wasted my time and has probably TRAPPED others.

Not very good value considering Amaysim, Boost, LIVEconnected all have plans with at least DOUBLE this allowance for the same $$

Nice try Exetel.. but.. FAIL