Mobile phone plans, SIM card activation and porting issue
poompy

Re: July Z* mobile specials

Post by poompy » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:24 pm

All fixed. Thanks again.

montag

Change delivery address of SIM card

Post by montag » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:56 am

I just ordered a new z8 plan and put my PO Box as the delivery address - the wording said not to put PO Box for delivery of a 'MODEM', nothing about sim cards.
As it was just a sim card I assume it would be fine as it would just be posted????
Will it be posted, or couriered?

If courier can I change my address somehow now as there is no-one ever at my home to collect a parcel.

udara
Exetel Staff

Re: Change delivery address of SIM card

Post by udara » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:20 am

montag wrote:I just ordered a new z8 plan and put my PO Box as the delivery address - the wording said not to put PO Box for delivery of a 'MODEM', nothing about sim cards.
As it was just a sim card I assume it would be fine as it would just be posted????
Will it be posted, or couriered?

If courier can I change my address somehow now as there is no-one ever at my home to collect a parcel.

The sim card will be posted via Australian post as such a PO Box will not be a problem :mrgreen: :D
To Log a fault ticket, please click Here or alternatively call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)

==============
Exetel Support Portal
==============

montag

Re: Change delivery address of SIM card

Post by montag » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:02 pm

udara wrote:The sim card will be posted via Australian post as such a PO Box will not be a problem :mrgreen: :D
Great! *phew*
Thanks for clearing that up udara

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: What happens after 12 months?

Post by CoreyPlover » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:44 pm

bnl wrote:Did you have any issue porting? I'm with Think as well and the Exetel activation/port is now up to 1.5 days and counting...
Nope. No issues whatsover. First activation took place in 3 hours on the morning, second one was within 15 minutes in the evening.

Good to hear your issues are now sorted though.
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

Fausty

Post by Fausty » Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:44 pm

Question about the new July MOBILE plans.

I note and accept the 12 month contract.

If for whatever reason my ADSL service with Exetel ceases during the 12 month MOBILE service, does the cost of my MOBILE service revert to non-bundled price?

JanakaDS
Exetel Staff

Post by JanakaDS » Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:32 pm

Fausty wrote:Question about the new July MOBILE plans.

If for whatever reason my ADSL service with Exetel ceases during the 12 month MOBILE service, does the cost of my MOBILE service revert to non-bundled price?
I could not found any mobile service under your name. Would you please email your mobile service number to janakads@exetel.com.lk with the URL of this thread, so I can have a look in to this for you?

Fausty

Post by Fausty » Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:52 pm

I'm sorry. I probably didn't explain myself properly.

I have an Extetel ADSL plan, no current mobile plan.

If I take up one of these 'July Specials' Mobile plan and then for whatever reason stop my ADSL plan with Exetel, do I still get the mobile plan at the discounted rate over the duration of the mobile contract?

EromalR
Exetel Staff

Post by EromalR » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:25 pm

Fausty wrote:I'm sorry. I probably didn't explain myself properly.

I have an Extetel ADSL plan, no current mobile plan.

If I take up one of these 'July Specials' Mobile plan and then for whatever reason stop my ADSL plan with Exetel, do I still get the mobile plan at the discounted rate over the duration of the mobile contract?

As long as the contract is there it will continue unless Exetel informs otherwise

Beans

Post by Beans » Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:32 pm

I signed up for a Z15 plan last Thursday, and elected to port my number. Was somewhat suprised to received an e-mail today confirming that my NEW number is ready for activation and the SIM is on the way.

udara
Exetel Staff

Post by udara » Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:50 pm

Beans wrote:I signed up for a Z15 plan last Thursday, and elected to port my number. Was somewhat suprised to received an e-mail today confirming that my NEW number is ready for activation and the SIM is on the way.
Hi Beans

Would you be able to PM me your New number as well as the number that you elected to be ported , so that i can have a look at it :)
To Log a fault ticket, please click Here or alternatively call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)

==============
Exetel Support Portal
==============

Beans

Post by Beans » Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:14 pm

PM sent, thanks.

udara
Exetel Staff

Post by udara » Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:48 pm

Beans wrote:PM sent, thanks.
I received you PM and i have replied to it with the ticket reference of the email that you had already sent to the provisioning department .

I'll follow it up and provide you an update soon :)

==============
Exetel Support Portal
==============

samarium

Post by samarium » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:02 pm

Just applied for a Z plan, and got the email saying that the SIM is in the post.

The email also says this is a HSPA service and APN = "exetel1".

Which I expect is misleading, as I expect APN = "internet"

Please confirm which is correct, and if I am, seems like Exetel needs to update their provisioning data or processes.

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:43 pm

"exetel1" only applies for the old HSPA plans (I think they were prefixed with "C", like HSPA-C3 plan). I still have one of these old plans; they are useful if someone at work need mobile internet on their laptop.

Z plans, however, all have APN of "internet".
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au