July Z* mobile specials

Mobile phone plans, SIM card activation and porting issue
bud2483

Re: July Z* mobile specials

Post by bud2483 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:31 pm

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if the July Z* mobile specials include "unlimited data access to Facebook etc" as listed under the Capped plan listing?

cheers,

Bud

udara
Exetel Staff

Post by udara » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:40 pm

samarium wrote:Just applied for a Z plan, and got the email saying that the SIM is in the post.

The email also says this is a HSPA service and APN = "exetel1".

Which I expect is misleading, as I expect APN = "internet"

Please confirm which is correct, and if I am, seems like Exetel needs to update their provisioning data or processes.

Yes for z Plans the APN = 'internet' , i will for ward this to the relevant department for it to be changed , Thank you for pointing it out :)
To Log a fault ticket, please click Here or alternatively call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)

==============
Exetel Support Portal
==============

remosha
Exetel Staff

Post by remosha » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:40 pm

bud2483 wrote:Hi,

Can anyone tell me if the July Z* mobile specials include "unlimited data access to Facebook etc" as listed under the Capped plan listing?

cheers,

Bud

Yes, it does.

tone76

Post by tone76 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:46 pm

I just the latest Exetel newsletter. I'd love to port a phone over to Z15, but it looks like I can't as I'm only a HSPA customer and not an ADSL customer. :(

Is Exetel planning on running any similar mobile specials for their other non-ADSL customers in the future? Thanks!

EromalR
Exetel Staff

Post by EromalR » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:45 pm

tone76 wrote:I just the latest Exetel newsletter. I'd love to port a phone over to Z15, but it looks like I can't as I'm only a HSPA customer and not an ADSL customer. :(

Is Exetel planning on running any similar mobile specials for their other non-ADSL customers in the future? Thanks!
Please contact Exetel sales between 8.30am - 11.00pm and we will be happy to arrange it for you.

pssturges

Post by pssturges » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:27 pm

I know this has been answered before, but is there really no way to transfer an existing cap plan to a z plan. I have an adsl2 service, 6 mobile services and a mobile broadband service with exetel and would really like the extra data allowance that the z15 provides compared to my cap19. The call allowance on the cap19 serves my needs very well, but the 200mb of data, I find very restrictive. The cost of going to a higher cap plan is too high for my needs and the excess data charges on the cap plans make going over the allowance by too much very expensive. The z15 would be ideal for me.

Cheers
Phil

EromalR
Exetel Staff

Post by EromalR » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:31 pm

pssturges wrote:I know this has been answered before, but is there really no way to transfer an existing cap plan to a z plan. I have an adsl2 service, 6 mobile services and a mobile broadband service with exetel and would really like the extra data allowance that the z15 provides compared to my cap19. The call allowance on the cap19 serves my needs very well, but the 200mb of data, I find very restrictive. The cost of going to a higher cap plan is too high for my needs and the excess data charges on the cap plans make going over the allowance by too much very expensive. The z15 would be ideal for me.

Cheers
Phil

The Z mobile plan promotion is only valid, if you port your existing none-Exetel mobile services over to Exetel or apply for Z plans under new mobile numbers

samarium

Post by samarium » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:22 pm

pssturges wrote:I know this has been answered before, but is there really no way to transfer an existing cap plan to a z plan. I have an adsl2 service, 6 mobile services and a mobile broadband service with exetel and would really like the extra data allowance that the z15 provides compared to my cap19. The call allowance on the cap19 serves my needs very well, but the 200mb of data, I find very restrictive. The cost of going to a higher cap plan is too high for my needs and the excess data charges on the cap plans make going over the allowance by too much very expensive. The z15 would be ideal for me.
I waited until near the end of the month, then ported to Optus Prepaid $2 SIM, purchased $20 recharge, selected $2 unlimited voice/sms/text/day usage plan and used APN=internet.

Then ported back to Exetel Z15, waited 5 days for my SIM in the post, and am back with Exetel. ROI is 4.4 months.
I get 13/1300/1800 included in CAP, and an extra 500MB data buffer that I probably don't need.
Had to redo setup for diversions, voicemail, global roaming.

Some hassle sure, and I'd rather not have to jump thru the hoops, however that is what you get when you have to deal with entrenched telcos like Optus with stupid ideas about "new" customers.

tone76

Post by tone76 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:39 am

EromalR wrote:
tone76 wrote:I just the latest Exetel newsletter. I'd love to port a phone over to Z15, but it looks like I can't as I'm only a HSPA customer and not an ADSL customer. :(

Please contact Exetel sales between 8.30am - 11.00pm and we will be happy to arrange it for you.
Thank you for that! :D Will give Exetel sales a call in the next day or so.

tone76

Post by tone76 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:14 pm

Just phoned then, spoke with an excellent sales consultant whose name I forget (sorry!). All sorted, I should have my new Z15 enabled sim in 2-3 days.

Thanks, Exetel! :D

shoner

Post by shoner » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:31 pm

tone76 wrote:Just phoned then, spoke with an excellent sales consultant whose name I forget (sorry!). All sorted, I should have my new Z15 enabled sim in 2-3 days.

Thanks, Exetel! :D
Awesome :mrgreen:
"Helping Making a Better World"

Log a fault ticket Here
or call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)
Exetel Support Portal

neonexus

Post by neonexus » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:28 pm

Cheers
Phil
You could port your existing Exetel number to a Virgin or Vodafone (or other provider of your choice) pre-paid service, then port this number to Exetel under a Z plan. This assumes you don't have a contract on your existing Exetel CAP19 plan. This will cost you $10 - $30 depending on best value pre-paid SIM pack you can find.

I had a similar issue with a work phone & Telstra - the only way to get a new iPhone & keep my same number under their discounted iPhone data plans was to port my existing number away from Telstra & then port it back into Telstra again. Crazy!! Added an extra 1/2 hour to the process while I walked into a Vodafone shop to port to the temporoary pre-paid SIM.

In your case, you will probably need to live with the pre-paid service for a few days while the Exetel (Optus) SIM is mailed out to you.
NeoNexus

johnny2times

Post by johnny2times » Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:26 am

Hi, just like to know how data is billed at the end of each session, per kb or mb.

thanks,

shoner

Post by shoner » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:40 pm

johnny2times wrote:Hi, just like to know how data is billed at the end of each session, per kb or mb.

thanks,
It is charged Per kb
"Helping Making a Better World"

Log a fault ticket Here
or call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)
Exetel Support Portal

johnny2times

Post by johnny2times » Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:47 pm

Cheers, that was the only question I had remaining... just ported two numbers across. Great deals exetel!

Naysayers on this thread need to get on with life!