July Z* mobile specials

Mobile phone plans, SIM card activation and porting issue
oldman
Posts: 148
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2007 6:50 am
Location: Strathpine, QLD

Re: July Z* mobile specials

Post by oldman » Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:23 pm

I am currently on the CAP19 plan and the Change Plan form says there is a $50 plan change fee to go to the Z8 plan? As there is a $10 rebate towards the ADSL cost with the CAP19 plan it seems pointless changing to Z8 to save $1 per month while there is such a large fee to change... or am I missing something?

Regards.

bodogbodog
Posts: 289
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2004 8:38 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: July Z* mobile specials

Post by bodogbodog » Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:26 pm

whoknows wrote:I am a current exetel ADSL and mobile customer. For each CAP plan I have I receive a $10 discount of my ADSL charge.
If I convert a CAP plan to a Z plan as now seems possible, do I keep the $10 discount?
You want your cake and to eat it too...

So you want the discounted Z plan and still recieve the CAP plan discount

I have to admire your balls in asking :oops:

ForumAdmin
Posts: 3663
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 2:31 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: July Z* mobile specials

Post by ForumAdmin » Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:47 pm

oldman wrote:I am currently on the CAP19 plan and the Change Plan form says there is a $50 plan change fee to go to the Z8 plan? As there is a $10 rebate towards the ADSL cost with the CAP19 plan it seems pointless changing to Z8 to save $1 per month while there is such a large fee to change... or am I missing something?

Regards.
They are different plans - the discount from an ADSL service does no apply to Z plans.

soaper
Posts: 494
Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2004 2:19 pm

Re: July Z* mobile specials

Post by soaper » Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:34 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:
oldman wrote:I am currently on the CAP19 plan and the Change Plan form says there is a $50 plan change fee to go to the Z8 plan? As there is a $10 rebate towards the ADSL cost with the CAP19 plan it seems pointless changing to Z8 to save $1 per month while there is such a large fee to change... or am I missing something?

Regards.
They are different plans - the discount from an ADSL service does no apply to Z plans.
ok
i am trying to sort this out in my tiny mind and have asked the question in other threads,
this is obviously where i should have come first to ask :oops:

given i am on cap 19,and after the kindly $10 discount on my adsl.........i pay only $9.........why would i switch to Z8 to save a dollar a month and pay $50 plan change fee.???

i cant see any benefit to me to do this but am concerned that my nice little cap plan might go away later on as it is not contracted at all

anyone have any thoughts on this please??
thanks

am i missing something obvious (which would not suprise me today)

craigah
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2004 9:40 am
Contact:

Re: July Z* mobile specials

Post by craigah » Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:49 pm

Looking at this link: https://www.exetel.com.au/members/mobile_plans.php it look like you get money off your ADSL plan...
So a Z39 mobile plan with my ADSL: mobile $39 - discount $36 = $3 + ADSL plan cost = total monthly outlay?

Does look like a bargain unless I have missed something??

If someone from exetel confirm my calc?

Thanks
Craig

soaper
Posts: 494
Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2004 2:19 pm

Re: July Z* mobile specials

Post by soaper » Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:47 pm

craigah wrote:Looking at this link: https://www.exetel.com.au/members/mobile_plans.php it look like you get money off your ADSL plan...
So a Z39 mobile plan with my ADSL: mobile $39 - discount $36 = $3 + ADSL plan cost = total monthly outlay?

Does look like a bargain unless I have missed something??

If someone from exetel confirm my calc?

Thanks
Craig
you cant have the ADSL discount and the Z plan

it is one or the other.

hence why, in my case, the one dollar a month difference is not really an incentive to pay $50 plan fee to change to.

which is why i am asking what i am missing???

:)

ForumAdmin
Posts: 3663
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 2:31 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: July Z* mobile specials

Post by ForumAdmin » Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:40 am

oldman wrote:I am currently on the CAP19 plan and the Change Plan form says there is a $50 plan change fee to go to the Z8 plan? As there is a $10 rebate towards the ADSL cost with the CAP19 plan it seems pointless changing to Z8 to save $1 per month while there is such a large fee to change... or am I missing something?

Regards.
You aren't missing anything.

Z plans have no additional ADSL discount - it's included in the mobile plan cost itself.

ForumAdmin
Posts: 3663
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 2:31 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: July Z* mobile specials

Post by ForumAdmin » Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:42 am

soaper wrote:
craigah wrote:Looking at this link: https://www.exetel.com.au/members/mobile_plans.php it look like you get money off your ADSL plan...
So a Z39 mobile plan with my ADSL: mobile $39 - discount $36 = $3 + ADSL plan cost = total monthly outlay?

Does look like a bargain unless I have missed something??

If someone from exetel confirm my calc?

Thanks
Craig
you cant have the ADSL discount and the Z plan

it is one or the other.

hence why, in my case, the one dollar a month difference is not really an incentive to pay $50 plan fee to change to.

which is why i am asking what i am missing???

:)
You haven't missed anything.

Z plans have no ADSL discount - this is reflected in their lower cost.

The $50.00 plan change charge is to discourage people who don't read that fact correctly.

ForumAdmin
Posts: 3663
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 2:31 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: July Z* mobile specials

Post by ForumAdmin » Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:44 am

craigah wrote:Looking at this link: https://www.exetel.com.au/members/mobile_plans.php it look like you get money off your ADSL plan...
So a Z39 mobile plan with my ADSL: mobile $39 - discount $36 = $3 + ADSL plan cost = total monthly outlay?

Does look like a bargain unless I have missed something??

If someone from exetel confirm my calc?

Thanks
Craig
Z plans have no associated discounts from ADSL charges.

ForumAdmin
Posts: 3663
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 2:31 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: July Z* mobile specials

Post by ForumAdmin » Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:49 am

soaper wrote:
ForumAdmin wrote:
oldman wrote:I am currently on the CAP19 plan and the Change Plan form says there is a $50 plan change fee to go to the Z8 plan? As there is a $10 rebate towards the ADSL cost with the CAP19 plan it seems pointless changing to Z8 to save $1 per month while there is such a large fee to change... or am I missing something?

Regards.
They are different plans - the discount from an ADSL service does no apply to Z plans.
ok
i am trying to sort this out in my tiny mind and have asked the question in other threads,
this is obviously where i should have come first to ask :oops:

given i am on cap 19,and after the kindly $10 discount on my adsl.........i pay only $9.........why would i switch to Z8 to save a dollar a month and pay $50 plan change fee.???

i cant see any benefit to me to do this but am concerned that my nice little cap plan might go away later on as it is not contracted at all

anyone have any thoughts on this please??
thanks

am i missing something obvious (which would not suprise me today)
You aren't missing anything.

Z plans have no associated ADSL discount.

Z Plans are $11.00 a month lower charge than the CAP19 etc plans (the $10.00 discount is reflected in the Z plan monthly charge and the extra dollar discount reflects the plan term difference) but have a 12 month contract.

soaper
Posts: 494
Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2004 2:19 pm

Re: July Z* mobile specials

Post by soaper » Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:30 am

thanks FA :)
think i will stay with the original plan.
if it ceases at some point in the future ........then i guess i have to deal with that then.

EromalR
Exetel Staff
Posts: 138
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:40 pm
Location: Sri Lanka

Re: July Z* mobile specials

Post by EromalR » Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:18 pm

whoknows wrote:I am a current exetel ADSL and mobile customer. For each CAP plan I have I receive a $10 discount of my ADSL charge.
If I convert a CAP plan to a Z plan as now seems possible, do I keep the $10 discount?
It would help if this sort of detail could be clear on the change-plan page as it is a significant factor in comparing prices.

Thanks.
If I convert a CAP plan to a Z plan as now seems possible, do I keep the $10 discount?
No. The discount of $10 is applicable only with the CAP plans. The Z plans comes already with a discount.

dragon
Posts: 150
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:06 pm

Re: July Z* mobile specials

Post by dragon » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:27 pm

hi,
i have a prepaid number i want to port over onto the z8 plan but i dont have the account number. ( we activated this optus prepaid sim years ago)
how would i be able to port over this number? can it still be done?

Thanks

datax1969
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 8:53 am
Location: Sydney

Re: July Z* mobile specials

Post by datax1969 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:30 am

I too would like to switch from CAP19 to Z8.
In my case, my ADSL2 plan is OT-FREE 1 which came bundled with CAP19 - $30 for ADSL + $19 for CAP19 = $49 total outlay per month.

So my questions are:

1) If I drop the CAP19 can I still stay on OT-FREE 1 for $30?

2) If the answer to 1) is yes then I can switch to Z8 and pay $50?

3) But better still, if I cancel the CAP19 (I'm off contract) then I believe my number must be reserved for a certain time period and remains my number. Then I sign up for a new Z8 plan and request that my number be ported to this new plan. Yes?

Alright, so I know that's not the intent but I fiercely object to being stuck on a plan and knowing that there's better options which other people are enjoying.

I also know that I make the $50 back in 4-5 months but I hate paying the $50 because I know that next week/month/6 months another special deal will come along where the plan change fee has been waived or is much less or whatever and I'll have paid $50 for naff all. In fact, paying any sort of plan change fee always equals zero value for money.

rukshani
Exetel Staff
Posts: 275
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:54 pm

Re: July Z* mobile specials

Post by rukshani » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:58 pm

datax1969 wrote:I too would like to switch from CAP19 to Z8.
In my case, my ADSL2 plan is OT-FREE 1 which came bundled with CAP19 - $30 for ADSL + $19 for CAP19 = $49 total outlay per month.

So my questions are:

1) If I drop the CAP19 can I still stay on OT-FREE 1 for $30?

2) If the answer to 1) is yes then I can switch to Z8 and pay $50?

3) But better still, if I cancel the CAP19 (I'm off contract) then I believe my number must be reserved for a certain time period and remains my number. Then I sign up for a new Z8 plan and request that my number be ported to this new plan. Yes?

Alright, so I know that's not the intent but I fiercely object to being stuck on a plan and knowing that there's better options which other people are enjoying.

I also know that I make the $50 back in 4-5 months but I hate paying the $50 because I know that next week/month/6 months another special deal will come along where the plan change fee has been waived or is much less or whatever and I'll have paid $50 for naff all. In fact, paying any sort of plan change fee always equals zero value for money.
An Exetel sales representative will advise you on the above queries.

Post Reply