July Z* mobile specials

Mobile phone plans, SIM card activation and porting issue
EromalR
Exetel Staff

Re: July Z* mobile specials

Post by EromalR » Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:44 pm

datax1969 wrote:I too would like to switch from CAP19 to Z8.
In my case, my ADSL2 plan is OT-FREE 1 which came bundled with CAP19 - $30 for ADSL + $19 for CAP19 = $49 total outlay per month.

So my questions are:

1) If I drop the CAP19 can I still stay on OT-FREE 1 for $30?

2) If the answer to 1) is yes then I can switch to Z8 and pay $50?

3) But better still, if I cancel the CAP19 (I'm off contract) then I believe my number must be reserved for a certain time period and remains my number. Then I sign up for a new Z8 plan and request that my number be ported to this new plan. Yes?

Alright, so I know that's not the intent but I fiercely object to being stuck on a plan and knowing that there's better options which other people are enjoying.

I also know that I make the $50 back in 4-5 months but I hate paying the $50 because I know that next week/month/6 months another special deal will come along where the plan change fee has been waived or is much less or whatever and I'll have paid $50 for naff all. In fact, paying any sort of plan change fee always equals zero value for money.
1) If I drop the CAP19 can I still stay on OT-FREE 1 for $30?
-No you have to do a plan change for the ADSL service as well.

2) If the answer to 1) is yes then I can switch to Z8 and pay $50?
-No

3) But better still, if I cancel the CAP19 (I'm off contract) then I believe my number must be reserved for a certain time period and remains my number. Then I sign up for a new Z8 plan and request that my number be ported to this new plan. Yes?
-Please send an email to residentialsales@exetel.com.au with the ADSL plan you like to change. Then we will separate your bundled ADSL plan and the CAP plan, which will then allow you to change to the Z plan.

-If you cancel the CAP plan you will lose the number.

-When doing a plan change from CAP19 to Z8 mobile, there will be a charge of $50

datax1969

Post by datax1969 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:44 pm

EromalR wrote: 1) If I drop the CAP19 can I still stay on OT-FREE 1 for $30?
-No you have to do a plan change for the ADSL service as well.
Thanks. That's really all I needed to know.
EromalR wrote: 3) But better still, if I cancel the CAP19 (I'm off contract) then I believe my number must be reserved for a certain time period and remains my number. Then I sign up for a new Z8 plan and request that my number be ported to this new plan. Yes?
<span>-Please send an email to <a href="mailto:residentialsales@exetel.com.au" class="smarterwiki-linkify">residentialsales@exetel.com.au</a> with the ADSL plan you like to change. Then we will separate your bundled ADSL plan and the CAP plan, which will then allow you to change to the Z plan.</span>
I won't be needing to do that. Still very happy with OT-Free 1.

I was just thinking of ways to make my current good deal even better. No harm in trying is there?

And thanks for your prompt and accurate responses.

Surfn Chick

Post by Surfn Chick » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:22 pm

Good evening

Followed the mobile phone z plan setup log on to members facilities with username,password that works.
Once you have logged in please check details - yes that is correct.

Then

Could the forum please confirm that after logging in to above there is an:

'Activate' button

I do not have an activate button.

Cheers.

stevecJ
Forum Admin

Post by stevecJ » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:51 pm

Surfn Chick wrote:Good evening

Followed the mobile phone z plan setup log on to members facilities with username,password that works.
Once you have logged in please check details - yes that is correct.

Then

Could the forum please confirm that after logging in to above there is an:

'Activate' button

I do not have an activate button.

Cheers.

I have sent you an email (4397737 ) with the details which you need to activate your mobile service. :)
To Log a fault ticket, please click click here or alternatively call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)

=================
Exetel Support Portal
=================

shinryoku

Post by shinryoku » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:50 pm

I am porting my number from Optus prepaid.

Activated my Exetel sim at around 1pm today, the old sim is still alive at 10:30pm. Doesn't it normally take at most 4 hours?

I would wait overnight but just in case it doesn't port tomorrow morning I don't want to be stuck with a prepaid sim that can't make any calls for the weekend (have used all my credits).

If anyone from Exetel is still working, can you please take a look for me? I can PM the mobile no.

Any help is appreciated.

ShaminG
Exetel Staff

Post by ShaminG » Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:46 pm

I am porting my number from Optus prepaid.

Activated my Exetel sim at around 1pm today, the old sim is still alive at 10:30pm. Doesn't it normally take at most 4 hours?

I would wait overnight but just in case it doesn't port tomorrow morning I don't want to be stuck with a prepaid sim that can't make any calls for the weekend (have used all my credits).

If anyone from Exetel is still working, can you please take a look for me? I can PM the mobile no.

Any help is appreciated.
I have requested the relevant department to complete the activation. We are following up the matter via Ticket ID: 4401161

rukshani
Exetel Staff

Post by rukshani » Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:47 pm

ShaminG
Exetel Staff

Post by ShaminG » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:45 am

Dear shinryoku,

As per your request, since the issue is now resolved I have closed the support ticket :D .