July Z* mobile specials

Mobile phone plans, SIM card activation and porting issue
CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: July Z* mobile specials

Post by CoreyPlover » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:38 pm

Shrude wrote:In this email we are misled and offered 4,000 minutes on the Z39
Yet, within the Members Facility "Mobile Plan List" - (need to be logged in) https://www.exetel.com.au/members/mobile_plans.php it states: 2,000 minutes + 2000 minutes to Exetel Mobiles. So, is it 4,000 minutes but only 2000 min to other mobiles.

The email is Misleading and has wasted my time and has probably TRAPPED others.
2,000 minutes + 2,000 more minutes to Exetel Mobiles is...hold on, let me get my calculator...4,000 minutes of "total call value". Exactly as is stated in the column header of the the email.

Yet, you find this "misleading" and "a trap"? I would not be surprised if your posts gets deleted because you are clearly trolling for a reaction using such sensationalised language. Besides which, you should use your unnecessarily duplicated post at viewtopic.php?f=59&t=38275&p=293247#p293247 anyway
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

montag

What happens after 12 months?

Post by montag » Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:02 am

The Z specials are for a 12 month contract.
I was just wondering what happens after the 12 months
- does the deal just carry over month to month paying the same low price?
- do you have to sign up for another 12 month contract?
- does the price go up to the regular price after 12 months?

Thanks

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: What happens after 12 months?

Post by CoreyPlover » Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:28 am

montag wrote:The Z specials are for a 12 month contract.
I was just wondering what happens after the 12 months
- does the deal just carry over month to month paying the same low price?
- do you have to sign up for another 12 month contract?
- does the price go up to the regular price after 12 months?
Just using historical precedent as a guide, after 12 months the service will continue as per the origianl terms (same call inclusions and same price) on a month-to-month, but these prices and inclusions can be modified, or the plan cancelled and users forced to choose a new plan, subject to Exetel's discretion. There is usually no option to sign up for another 12 months; new contracts can only be effected on plan in force at that time, and in 12 months times there will very likely be different plans available.

For the most recent set of grandfathered plans, Exetel announced a price increase (of around $5 - 10/month) with 1-2 month's notice and users could choose to continue on this new price on a month-to-month basis, or they could switch to a new plan in force with a fixed price contract of 12 months (or they could switch providers, because the contract was up and there were no termination fees)
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

montag

Post by montag » Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:02 pm

Thanks for that clarification CoreyPlover.
I think both myself and my partner will switch over to the new plans and take our chances in 12 months.
:)

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:26 pm

montag wrote:Thanks for that clarification CoreyPlover.
I think both myself and my partner will switch over to the new plans and take our chances in 12 months.
:)
I've done the same. Paid a small termination fee to Think Mobile to switch over to these Exetel plans as well because I thought they were great value.

lkml2000

Post by lkml2000 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:45 pm

Can someone from exetel answer the questions?
Thanks
lkml2000 wrote:I am interested in the new Z plans. I am using an optus pre-paid mobile SIM which would be ended around late august.

My questions are

1. Can I apply the z plan and activated it a few weeks later?(ie get it around end july and activate around end august)?
2. When would I be charged for the plan? After you sending out the SIM or after the SIM is activated?
3. Do you have a limit on how long a delay is allowed for the user to activate a new SIM?
4. Can I port the number across?
5. I may have missed the charges for the SIM card delivery and account activation charges, could you tell me how much are they?

Thanks

udara
Exetel Staff

Post by udara » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:14 am

lkml2000 wrote:Can someone from exetel answer the questions?
Thanks
lkml2000 wrote:I am interested in the new Z plans. I am using an optus pre-paid mobile SIM which would be ended around late august.

My questions are

1. Can I apply the z plan and activated it a few weeks later?(ie get it around end july and activate around end august)?
2. When would I be charged for the plan? After you sending out the SIM or after the SIM is activated?
3. Do you have a limit on how long a delay is allowed for the user to activate a new SIM?
5. I may have missed the charges for the SIM card delivery and account activation charges, could you tell me how much are they?

Thanks

Do not keep it for more than 30 days, try as much as possible to activate it ASAP as it is a promotional offer

After it is activated

30 days

Yes, you need DOB if it is a pre-paid and account number if it is a post paid

No charge. You will have a contract for 12 months. There will be a penalty if disconnected within contract

Let me know if you need any further details :mrgreen:
To Log a fault ticket, please click Here or alternatively call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)

==============
Exetel Support Portal
==============

bnl

Post by bnl » Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:19 pm

CoreyPlover wrote:I've done the same. Paid a small termination fee to Think Mobile to switch over to these Exetel plans as well because I thought they were great value.
Did you have any issue porting? I'm with Think as well and the Exetel activation/port is now up to 1.5 days and counting...

bnl

Post by bnl » Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:31 pm

Yay, ported!
No SMS/Data though. Will submit a ticket.

bnl

Post by bnl » Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:57 pm

Still no data/sms/mms... Ticket #4237494

bnl

Post by bnl » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:26 pm

Still waiting for data/sms to get sorted... Seems like this is a common problem.
Is a phonecall to provisioning counted in my Exetel to Exetel inclusions haha?

rukshani
Exetel Staff

Post by rukshani » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:52 pm

Your sms/data facility will be enabled in another 5 minutes, please reply to ticket 4237494 for any further concerns to this.

Also, a billing representative will send you an email explaining how calls to Exetel are to be charged.

poompy

Post by poompy » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:57 am

Same problem with a service ported over as well. Call # 4237264. No data or sms facilities.

udara
Exetel Staff

Post by udara » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:28 am

poompy wrote:Same problem with a service ported over as well. Call # 4237264. No data or sms facilities.
Hi Poompy,

This should be fixed in a couple of hours , i have replied to your ticket :)
To Log a fault ticket, please click Here or alternatively call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)

==============
Exetel Support Portal
==============

poompy

Post by poompy » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:40 am

Thanks for following up so quickly. greatly appreciated.