Activating SIM on new Z plan

Mobile phone plans, SIM card activation and porting issue
plekme

Activating SIM on new Z plan

Post by plekme » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:25 am

Hi there

I just signed up for the new Z15 mobile plan and am yet to have the SIM being sent to me. I am porting my number over from three. I am just wondering, how does activation work? Do I need to call up to initiate the activation?

The reason I am asking is that my monthly cycle with three is on the 10th of each month. I get charged my full cap amount regardless on the 10th. Once I receive the new SIM from Exetel, is it possible for me to delay my activation for a few weeks so that I dont have to pay double for next month?

Thanks

nuranj
Exetel Staff

Re: Activating SIM on new Z plan

Post by nuranj » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:48 am

Please note that activation can be done either by log in to the members facility or call provision on 0280301000

Note that you can keep up the service without activating for 7 days

plekme

Post by plekme » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:21 am

great thanks for the quick reply!

Prizm

Post by Prizm » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:24 pm

My Z15 plan has just been "completed and activated" (according to an email) but my current sim is not working in my phone. Am I supposed to be waiting for a new sim from Exetel? My current sim is already Optus, and I don't recall anything from Exetel stating I had to replace my sim.

I got an email telling me to activate the SIM by logging into the website, but I cannot find an activate button. As far as I can tell, it's already activated on the website.

What am I supposed to do?

udara
Exetel Staff

Post by udara » Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:42 am

Prizm wrote:My Z15 plan has just been "completed and activated" (according to an email) but my current sim is not working in my phone. Am I supposed to be waiting for a new sim from Exetel? My current sim is already Optus, and I don't recall anything from Exetel stating I had to replace my sim.

I got an email telling me to activate the SIM by logging into the website, but I cannot find an activate button. As far as I can tell, it's already activated on the website.

Hi Prizm ,

Did you port over your number to exetel :?: , in any case you should receive a new sim card , could you tell me if you have received a new sim card :?:

If you have not please PM me you mobile number so that i can have alook at what has happened :)
To Log a fault ticket, please click Here or alternatively call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)

==============
Exetel Support Portal
==============

Munka

Post by Munka » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:51 am

Morning All,

Is the email response method working for sim activation? What is the quickest/recommended way?
I received this email from provisioning-

Dear Sir/Madam,
Your Exetel mobile service is currently in a pending state ready to be ported/activated.
If you have received your SIM card in the post, we can simplify the provisioning of the mobile service for you.

Ports (transfers) of service
Please reply to this email with your mobile service number in the subject of the email and that you would like to commence the port of service.

New Number services
Please indicate by reply with your name in the subject of the email and that you would like to activate your new number.
(we can source the mobile order from your name or email address)

Kind regards
Exetel Provisioning
Munka

udara
Exetel Staff

Post by udara » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:10 am

Munka wrote:Morning All,

Is the email response method working for sim activation? What is the quickest/recommended way?
I received this email from provisioning-

Dear Sir/Madam,
Your Exetel mobile service is currently in a pending state ready to be ported/activated.
If you have received your SIM card in the post, we can simplify the provisioning of the mobile service for you.

Ports (transfers) of service
Please reply to this email with your mobile service number in the subject of the email and that you would like to commence the port of service.

New Number services
Please indicate by reply with your name in the subject of the email and that you would like to activate your new number.
(we can source the mobile order from your name or email address)

Kind regards
Exetel Provisioning

The above , sending an email to provisioning@exetel.com.au is one of the 3 ways available for you to activate a sim card :)

You can also activate the sim card by logging in to your members area or you may even call our provisioning team on 0280301000(option 3) :wink:
To Log a fault ticket, please click Here or alternatively call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)

==============
Exetel Support Portal
==============

Munka

Post by Munka » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:15 am

Thank you for the quick response Udara, funny being given 3 options and suddenly my mind hit's the uncertain button :lol:
Munka

udara
Exetel Staff

Post by udara » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:25 am

Munka wrote:Thank you for the quick response Udara, funny being given 3 options and suddenly my mind hit's the uncertain button :lol:

Just give us a call if you are feeling uncertain 8) , we should be able to help you with the activation instantly

==============
Exetel Support Portal
==============

Munka

Post by Munka » Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:33 pm

All done, and thanks for the great service :D
Munka

Fausty

Post by Fausty » Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:30 pm

Prizm wrote:My Z15 plan has just been "completed and activated" (according to an email) but my current sim is not working in my phone. Am I supposed to be waiting for a new sim from Exetel? My current sim is already Optus, and I don't recall anything from Exetel stating I had to replace my sim.

This just happened to me. I hope my new sim card is in my mailbox when I get home from work....

Fausty

Post by Fausty » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:33 pm

Arrrrgh!

Ported to new Exetel sim card but not yet received sim card!

udara
Exetel Staff

Post by udara » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:40 pm

Fausty wrote:Arrrrgh!

Ported to new Exetel sim card but not yet received sim card!
Hi Fausty,
I received your PM , i am looking into it ...will provide you an update soon :)

==============
Exetel Support Portal
==============

samarium

Post by samarium » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:46 pm

My Z15 SIM seemed to be activated by Exetel 1 hour before I picked it up. Slightly miffed in that I planned to push the remaining prepaid credit to a friend. I would be more irritated if it cost me real money, rather than some time & confusion sorting it out.

shoner

Post by shoner » Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:47 pm

samarium wrote:My Z15 SIM seemed to be activated by Exetel 1 hour before I picked it up. Slightly miffed in that I planned to push the remaining prepaid credit to a friend. I would be more irritated if it cost me real money, rather than some time & confusion sorting it out.
I have Pm'ed you
"Helping Making a Better World"

Log a fault ticket Here
or call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)
Exetel Support Portal