Problems with Z plan transfer

Mobile phone plans, SIM card activation and porting issue
The Bagwan

Problems with Z plan transfer

Post by The Bagwan » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:14 pm

Hi,

I have an ADSL plan and home phone with Exetel, of which I've been very happy, so decided to go the Z15 plan.

I have a HTC desire and ported from Virgin.

Even though I when I activated I asked for Voicemail, it wasn't set up. After querying the help desk I was told I had to reactivate it. I did so, recorded a message, checked redirects, but when I ring my mobile and don't answer it I get a standard "press hash to leave a number" message.

Also, my SMS doesn't work. I changed the service centre number to both +61411990001 and +61411990000, but I get an error whenever I send a message out. Incoming also doesn't work. I'm still waiting for a response from the ticket i lodged (#4231295#).

Also, my internet isn't working. It works through my personal wireless network, but not via 3G (which it did with Virgin which uses the same towers). I changed the APN to INTERNET as instructed (which was 1 of the 2 different APN's I was told to use) but once again no luck. I lodged a ticket (#4231726#) once again still waiting to hear back.

At least I'm receiving calls, but a pain so far. Any help would be appreciated as I use my phone for work and its been a major inconvenience.

shoner

Re: Problems with Z plan transfer

Post by shoner » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:53 pm

The Bagwan wrote:Hi,

I have an ADSL plan and home phone with Exetel, of which I've been very happy, so decided to go the Z15 plan.

I have a HTC desire and ported from Virgin.

Even though I when I activated I asked for Voicemail, it wasn't set up. After querying the help desk I was told I had to reactivate it. I did so, recorded a message, checked redirects, but when I ring my mobile and don't answer it I get a standard "press hash to leave a number" message.

Also, my SMS doesn't work. I changed the service centre number to both +61411990001 and +61411990000, but I get an error whenever I send a message out. Incoming also doesn't work. I'm still waiting for a response from the ticket i lodged (#4231295#).

Also, my internet isn't working. It works through my personal wireless network, but not via 3G (which it did with Virgin which uses the same towers). I changed the APN to INTERNET as instructed (which was 1 of the 2 different APN's I was told to use) but once again no luck. I lodged a ticket (#4231726#) once again still waiting to hear back.

At least I'm receiving calls, but a pain so far. Any help would be appreciated as I use my phone for work and its been a major inconvenience.
You would have recieved a response to your email. We will check the service from our end first of all then will confirm what needs to be done next.
"Helping Making a Better World"

Log a fault ticket Here
or call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)
Exetel Support Portal

coldie123

Post by coldie123 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:21 pm

Hi there,
I have exactly the same problem. My Z15 plan has been activated yesterday, and my mobile number ported over from Optus.
I can make/receive voice calls, but SMS and 3G doesn't work.
Have tried APN = INTERNET. I have an HTC Desire S.
Have logged a ticket 4232570 but haven't heard back from anyone for more than a day. Plz help.
Cheers,
Carl

udara
Exetel Staff

Post by udara » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:31 am

coldie123 wrote:Hi there,
I have exactly the same problem. My Z15 plan has been activated yesterday, and my mobile number ported over from Optus.
I can make/receive voice calls, but SMS and 3G doesn't work.
Have tried APN = INTERNET. I have an HTC Desire S.
Have logged a ticket 4232570 but haven't heard back from anyone for more than a day. Plz help.
Cheers,
Carl

Hi Carl ,

Please PM me your mobile service number and i have a look into it :)

Cheers :!: :!:
To Log a fault ticket, please click Here or alternatively call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)

==============
Exetel Support Portal
==============

adolph

Post by adolph » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:01 pm

Hi,

I am having the exact same issues as Carl. My Z39 plan was activated yesterday, and my mobile number was ported over from Optus. I can make/receive calls, but no SMS or 3G data.

I have attempted to set the APN to "internet" and "exetel1" (as there where conflicting APN settings in the HSPA Service Notification and Completiong of your HSPA Service emails ) and still no luck.

I have sent emails to provisioning@exetel.com.au and residentialsupport@exetel.com.au yesterday with no response. I called provisioning this morning and was told that all would be resolve in 2 to 4 hrs of my phone call. It has now be 4 and a half hours and still no SMS or 3G data.

I am attempting to setup this service on a HTC Desire Z.

I have had no issues in the past with the other Exetel services that I have used, so can someone please help me. I don't want to regret moving my mobile service to Exetel.

Thanks,

Shaun

rukshani
Exetel Staff

Post by rukshani » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:14 pm

adolph wrote:Hi,

I am having the exact same issues as Carl. My Z39 plan was activated yesterday, and my mobile number was ported over from Optus. I can make/receive calls, but no SMS or 3G data.

I have attempted to set the APN to "internet" and "exetel1" (as there where conflicting APN settings in the HSPA Service Notification and Completiong of your HSPA Service emails ) and still no luck.

I have sent emails to provisioning@exetel.com.au and residentialsupport@exetel.com.au yesterday with no response. I called provisioning this morning and was told that all would be resolve in 2 to 4 hrs of my phone call. It has now be 4 and a half hours and still no SMS or 3G data.

I have had no issues in the past with the other Exetel services that I have used, so can someone please help me. I don't want to regret moving my mobile service to Exetel.

Thanks,

Shaun
I have passed this on to a team leader who will look in to it shortly.

udara
Exetel Staff

Post by udara » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:03 pm

Thanks,

Shaun

Hi Shaun

Could you please PM me the Mobile service number or the ticket ID for the emails that you dropped to provisioning@exetel.com.au and residentialsupport@exetel.com.au :) , so that i can have a look at it
To Log a fault ticket, please click Here or alternatively call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)

==============
Exetel Support Portal
==============

udara
Exetel Staff

Post by udara » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:15 am

Thanks,

Shaun
Hi Shaun

It seems to have taken some a little more time than usual but good to know that it is active and working fine now :D

==============
Exetel Support Portal
==============

adolph

Post by adolph » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:48 am

Thanks for all your help Udara.

Cheers,
Shaun

adolph

Post by adolph » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:59 pm

Hi Udara,

All services are still working I am happy to say, but it appears that I am unable to send and receive MMS. This appears to have been the case since I switch to Exetel.

The access point is setup as per my previous configuration for Optus:

APN: mms
MMSC: http://mmsc.optus.com.au:8002/
MMS proxy: 61.88.190.10
MMS port: 8070
MCC: 505
MNC: 02
APN type: mms

How do I go about enabling MMS?

Thanks for your help.

Shaun

samarium

Post by samarium » Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:37 pm

My phone's /system/etc/apns-conf.xml says:

<apn carrier="Optus MMS" mcc="505" mnc="02" apn="mms" user="*" password="*" server="*" proxy="202.139.83.152" port="8070" mmsc="http://mmsc.optus.com.au:8002/" mmsproxy="61.88.190.10" mmsport="8070" type="mms" />

YMMV

Need2No

Post by Need2No » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:48 pm

adolph wrote:
How do I go about enabling MMS?
I set my Optus MMS by going to this site
http://optusau.wdsglobal.com/

Regards

adolph

Post by adolph » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:30 pm

Hey Guys,

Thanks for both your suggestions but still now luck.

Due to my previous provisioning issues I am just guessing that it has not been enable for my service.

Cheers,

Shaun

udara
Exetel Staff

Post by udara » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:58 pm

adolph wrote:Hey Guys,

Thanks for both your suggestions but still now luck.

Due to my previous provisioning issues I am just guessing that it has not been enable for my service.

Cheers,

Shaun

Hi Shaun,

Sorry for the late reply . i had a look at your service and MMS seems to be active and looking through the setting that you have posted they too seem to be correct :? :?

what is the error message that you get when you try to send an MMS :?:

==============
Exetel Support Portal
==============

adolph

Post by adolph » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:31 am

Hi Udara,

In the case of sending an MMS I get "Unable to send message after multiple retries - Generic network failure"
In the case of receiving an MMS I get "Message not download3ed - Generic network failure"

This is all on my HTC Desire Z running Android 2.3.3

Thanks,

Shaun