Question about switching to Exetel for mobile

Mobile phone plans, SIM card activation and porting issue
dcunningham44

Question about switching to Exetel for mobile

Post by dcunningham44 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:02 pm

I'm thinking about switching to Exetel for my mobile service, just have 2 questions.

I'm thinking about going on the Z8 plan with 200mb quota. If I find after a few months that I keep going over this can I simply upgrade to a plan with more quota, or will I need to terminate the contract to get onto a larger quota?

My other question is about porting. I still have a few months left on my current contract with Vodafone. If I order a service with Exetel and ask to port my number over from Vodafone, will that effectively end my contract with them and then get charged the exit few on my last bill, or do I need to end my contract with Vodafone first and then order through Exetel?

Thanks in advance.

David

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: Question about switching to Exetel for mobile

Post by jokiin » Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:07 pm

going up to a higher plan is never an issue, going to a lower one is always the problem

if you port your number any commitment you have with your previous provider is something you need to sort out, unless you have something in writing that they will let you out of contract you can be liable for any outstanding termination payments, get that sorted first