27 hours later and still waiting for activation

Mobile phone plans, SIM card activation and porting issue
mildolvws

27 hours later and still waiting for activation

Post by mildolvws » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:38 pm

I requested activation of a Z8 mobile plan yesterday (Monday) at 5.30pm. 27 hours later the account is still not activated. :(

I'm porting a number from Optus Prepaid and the activation page says "Estimated time for porting a mobile service within the same carrier (Optus carrier) is within 24 hours."

How much longer is it going to take?

ShaminG
Exetel Staff

Re: 27 hours later and still waiting for activation

Post by ShaminG » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:06 pm

I requested activation of a Z8 mobile plan yesterday (Monday) at 5.30pm. 27 hours later the account is still not activated. :(

I'm porting a number from Optus Prepaid and the activation page says "Estimated time for porting a mobile service within the same carrier (Optus carrier) is within 24 hours."

It appears the previous port in request has been rejected from the system. I have re-initiated port-in request with the information you verified.

If the information provided are correct this should get completed within next 24 hours.

Clevo89

Post by Clevo89 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:01 pm

In my case it took 48 hours... be prepared for that. it will happen and sometimes it takes time...

OverIT

Post by OverIT » Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:57 pm

Sometimes many days and without feedback.

Recommend being patient and calling the helpdesk frequently after the 24 hour period is up.

I waited 3 days and then magically, the day I called the helpdesk activation was "due to occur before COB today". I suspect if I'd waited another week and then called activation would have been "due to occur before COB today".

Exetel appear to have introduced a large number of new and very good-value products. Unfortunately it appears the underlying systems and processes can't handle the load. Knowing that may help customers deal with the frustration this inevitably causes.

:roll:

shoner
Exetel Staff

Post by shoner » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:18 am

mildolvws wrote:I requested activation of a Z8 mobile plan yesterday (Monday) at 5.30pm. 27 hours later the account is still not activated. :(

Service appears to be active it was activgeted on teh same day that Shamin G made the second request
"Helping Making a Better World"

Log a fault ticket Here
or call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)
Exetel Support Portal