Is exetel going to offer Home zone"

Mobile phone plans, SIM card activation and porting issue
ocular

Is exetel going to offer Home zone"

Post by ocular » Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:53 pm

Optus is selling a device and charging customers to fix the poor coverage problems the optus network.

www.optus.com.au/homezone

Hardware
Alcatel-Lucent 9361 Home Cell V2
Part Number: 3JR09110ASBA

It is a femtocell wireless device that uses ADSL connection

I certainly would be more interested in exetel mobile plans if i had such devices to boost optus 3G signal at home and work.

Are exetel bundling this into any plans or providing them to existing customers that have poor optus coverage?

ExetelVoice
Exetel Staff

Re: Is exetel going to offer Home zone"

Post by ExetelVoice » Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:48 pm

I certainly would be more interested in exetel mobile plans if i had such devices to boost optus 3G signal at home and work.

Are exetel bundling this into any plans or providing them to existing customers that have poor optus coverage?
Yes we will be but we are waiting on Optus to give the go-ahead for the availablility to wholesale customers.

Steves

Post by Steves » Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:58 pm

ExetelVoice wrote:

Yes we will be but we are waiting on Optus to give the go-ahead for the availablility to wholesale customers.
Is there any development on this? I would be very interested and it should solve our problems.

Steve

ExetelVoice
Exetel Staff

Post by ExetelVoice » Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:57 pm

Is there any development on this? I would be very interested and it should solve our problems.
Unfortunately not yet.
It is most likely to be late this year or early next year.

Steves

Post by Steves » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:15 pm

ExetelVoice wrote:
Unfortunately not yet.
Hello,
Is there any development on this? it is well into the new year, I hope somebody from Exetel pursuing this with Optus? I would like my poor reception issue at home resolved before I am out of contract :D
Thank you, Steve

taphan

Post by taphan » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:39 am

Hi,

I would like to echo my wish to have the Optus Home Zone device support Optus wholesale resellers such as Exetel mobiles.
At this point in time the Home Zone device supports only Optus mobile and Virgin mobile numbers. :( Have Exetel made any inroads into having Optus also support Exetel mobile numbers yet?
I have one of these Home Zone devices and it works very well with my Optus mobile number, however I would dearly wish to use it with my Exetel Optus mobiles!

Thank you for looking into it.

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by jokiin » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:17 am

actually I have heard of people with other Optus resold services being able to set these up, not just Optus and Virgin, it did mean purchasing outright and a bit of mucking about to get it going, don't think it allowed any free calls but when in this situation it's really about coverage more than anything else I expect

Steves

Post by Steves » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:21 am

Steves wrote:
ExetelVoice wrote:
Unfortunately not yet.
Hello,
Is there any development on this? it is well into the new year, I hope somebody from Exetel pursuing this with Optus? I would like my poor reception issue at home resolved before I am out of contract :D
Thank you, Steve
Some sort of reply would be nice.
Steve

ExetelVoice
Exetel Staff

Post by ExetelVoice » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:06 pm

This has been delayed and will not be available until May now, unfortunately.

Mort

Post by Mort » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:26 pm

Has anyone actually read the T&C's for HomeZone? Unless Exetel has the option to offer better terms I don't know why anyone would want this really.

Only one nominated phone gets the "free" calls. The other phones you register with it still pay normal call rates
  • The HomeZone still needs to be able to talk to a mobile cell to register itself occasionally, so it doesn't work in places where you have no reception at all.
  • You might be able to put it in a spot than can manage a small amount of reception which might still work
  • You then need to rely on your existing internet connection for call availability and quality, so make sure your download quota has spare capacity
So unless things have changed, this isn't a "personal picocell" or anything, and you basically could end up paying twice for it (the extra box *and* internet usage)
As we know, there are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns. That is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, the ones we don't know we don't know.

taphan

Post by taphan » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:22 pm

jokiin wrote:actually I have heard of people with other Optus resold services being able to set these up, not just Optus and Virgin, it did mean purchasing outright and a bit of mucking about to get it going, don't think it allowed any free calls but when in this situation it's really about coverage more than anything else I expect
Actually I purchased one outright from Optus and unfortunately it does NOT work with Exetel mobile numbers. The Optus Homezone website does NOT allow Exetel Optus numbers to be added - only the Optus and Virgin numbers. I believe Exetel may have had negotiations with Optus to see if Exetel numbers may be added... The power at the moment lies with Optus if they will allow customers of resellers of the Optus network to add their numbers to their Homezone device. Frustratingly, it would solve my Optus reception problems at home as I only have 1 bar reception (at my expense of course!).

Exetel, please negotiate with Optus to come to the party with this issue...

twodogz

Post by twodogz » Wed May 02, 2012 8:35 pm

ExetelVoice wrote:
It is now May and I have purchased my own Optus 3G Home Zone unit, when can I use this with my Exetel Mobile Service?

A timely response to the status of being able to use my Home Zone unit with my Exetel mobile woiuld be appreciated as I a will be out of contract with exetel in a couple of months and if I cant use my home zone unit I will be forced to look elsewhere as my in home reception is 1 bar at best and totally unusable.

shoner

Post by shoner » Thu May 03, 2012 3:58 pm

twodogz wrote:
ExetelVoice wrote:
It is now May and I have purchased my own Optus 3G Home Zone unit, when can I use this with my Exetel Mobile Service?

A timely response to the status of being able to use my Home Zone unit with my Exetel mobile woiuld be appreciated as I a will be out of contract with exetel in a couple of months and if I cant use my home zone unit I will be forced to look elsewhere as my in home reception is 1 bar at best and totally unusable.
Unfortunately, It was confirmed that Exetel will not be providing this service.
"Helping Making a Better World"

Log a fault ticket Here
or call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)
Exetel Support Portal

taphan

Post by taphan » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:50 am

shoner wrote:Unfortunately, It was confirmed that Exetel will not be providing this service.
remosha wrote: Hi,

We do not support National Roaming on our mobile plans. Exetel uses the Optus Network to provide mobile services which covers 97% of the population.

If you are within a metro area but having bad or patchy coverage, we will be offering Optus Home Zone soon.
http://www.optus.com.au/home/home-zone/
A bit of conflicting news... could you please confirm which is the case?
It would be FANTASTIC if I could just add my number to the Optus Homezone to improve reception alone! I'm not actually after the VOIP/free mobile calls.

ShaminG
Exetel Staff

Post by ShaminG » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:32 am

A bit of conflicting news... could you please confirm which is the case?
We are working along with our development team to make this available for our customers, hopefully within next 2,3 months time period.