Unlimited Data when accessing Social Networking Sites

Mobile phone plans, SIM card activation and porting issue
Audrey Jnr

Unlimited Data when accessing Social Networking Sites

Post by Audrey Jnr » Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:40 pm

I'm having a little trouble finding a clear explanation of:

A) which plans include unlimited data for social networking sites; and
B) the website addresses you need to use in your address bar

Some of the threads give an answer, but the answers get contradicted by another volunteer / staff member / user, sometimes in the same thread, sometimes in a new one. I'm finding it all a bit confusing :oops:

Could staff and or volunteers please let me know if my understanding is correct or not?

A) I understand the (MB) Plans, as well as (CAP) Plans and (Z) Plans include unlimited data when accessing the mobile versions of the listed social networking sites. The Per Minute (A, B, C, XO, & YO) plans and the Blackberry (BB) plans do NOT have this inclusion. Have I missed any?

B) I understand that the "Unlimited data when accessing the mobile versions of these websites:" applies to the following URLs:
m.facebook.com
m.twitter.com
touch.linkedin.com
foursquare mobile uses an app (visit https://foursquare.com to download)
m.myspace.com
m.ebay.com

Is this correct? Hope people don't mind helping me out by correcting anything I've got wrong?

In addition, in another thread, ( viewtopic.php?f=59&t=38449 ) a user has asked about whether or not data used with the social networking sites will still be unlimited while tethering. Thejeg has answered that the data used with those sites will still be 'unlimited' while tethered. I'd assume we would still have to use the mobile websites for it to be included with the 'unlimited', though. Is this correct?

Thank you for your time :D I really appreciate any assistance anyone can provide.
Feeeed Me . . . I'm HUNGRY!!!

shoner
Forum Admin

Re: Unlimited Data when accessing Social Networking Sites

Post by shoner » Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:18 pm

Audrey Jnr wrote:The Per Minute (A, B, C, XO, & YO) plans and the Blackberry (BB) plans do NOT have this inclusion. Have I missed any?
No, this is correct details are listed on our web page. Includes unlimited data when accessing the mobile versions of these websites
Audrey Jnr wrote: B) I understand that the "Unlimited data when accessing the mobile versions of these websites:" applies to the following URLs:
m.facebook.com
m.twitter.com
touch.linkedin.com
m.myspace.com
m.ebay.com
Yes these are correct,this info is also available on our web site http://www.exetel.com.au/residential-mo ... -plans.php
Audrey Jnr wrote: In addition, in another thread, ( viewtopic.php?f=59&t=38449 ) a user has asked about whether or not data used with the social networking sites will still be unlimited while tethering. Thejeg has answered that the data used with those sites will still be 'unlimited' while tethered. I'd assume we would still have to use the mobile websites for it to be included with the 'unlimited', though. Is this correct?
This is correct it is for the mobile version of the web site.
"Helping Making a Better World"

Log a fault ticket Here
or call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)
Exetel Support Portal

ExetelVoice
Exetel Staff

Post by ExetelVoice » Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:24 pm

A) I understand the (MB) Plans, as well as (CAP) Plans and (Z) Plans include unlimited data when accessing the mobile versions of the listed social networking sites. The Per Minute (A, B, C, XO, & YO) plans and the Blackberry (BB) plans do NOT have this inclusion. Have I missed any?
The V plans and ZZ plans (same as Z plans) also have the inclusion.
B) I understand that the "Unlimited data when accessing the mobile versions of these websites:" applies to the following URLs:
m.facebook.com
m.twitter.com
touch.linkedin.com
m.myspace.com
m.ebay.com

Is this correct? Hope people don't mind helping me out by correcting anything I've got wrong?
Correct
In addition, in another thread, ( viewtopic.php?f=59&t=38449 ) a user has asked about whether or not data used with the social networking sites will still be unlimited while tethering. Thejeg has answered that the data used with those sites will still be 'unlimited' while tethered. I'd assume we would still have to use the mobile websites for it to be included with the 'unlimited', though. Is this correct?
Correct you still need to access the mobile versions of the websites.

Whether or not data is charged at the correct rate relies on the correct APN being entered. This is important.
The correct APN's for plans are listed in the members facility.
If the correct APN is being used while tethered, then data to the social networking sites will be unlimited (not charged)

brianh

Post by brianh » Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:37 pm

However...... while Blackberry (BB) Plans are excluded from the above list, they are supposed to have unlimited data on *any* web site (accessed through the correct APN of course), not just the mobile versions of the sites listed above, as the data is supplied through the BIS (Blackberry Internet Service).

Could an Exetel rep. please confirm this, just for clarification?

Regards,
Brian

ExetelVoice
Exetel Staff

Post by ExetelVoice » Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:36 pm

Correct Blackberry data is unlimited.

Audrey Jnr

Post by Audrey Jnr » Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:08 pm

Thanks so much for the clarification. :) :) :)
Feeeed Me . . . I'm HUNGRY!!!