Iphone 4S and Cap19

Mobile phone plans, SIM card activation and porting issue
dragon

Iphone 4S and Cap19

Post by dragon » Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:37 pm

hi, i was thinking of getting an Iphone 4S and im currently on the Cap 19.
a) Will i need to get a new microsim? and if so how would i apply for it so i keep my current plan but change to a microsim. (can i just cut the sim myself? )

and i was planning to get the iphone 4s on an optus cap. but give that sim to my mum to use.
b) will the exetel sim still work on the optus iphone 4s?
c) is it easy to set up to use my included data?

and any idea how much data imessage uses? i send less than 1000 messages a month (will 200mb be enough?)

James
Exetel Staff

Re: Iphone 4S and Cap19

Post by James » Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:10 am

dragon wrote:hi, i was thinking of getting an Iphone 4S and im currently on the Cap 19.
a) Will i need to get a new microsim? and if so how would i apply for it so i keep my current plan but change to a microsim. (can i just cut the sim myself? )

and i was planning to get the iphone 4s on an optus cap. but give that sim to my mum to use.
b) will the exetel sim still work on the optus iphone 4s?
c) is it easy to set up to use my included data?

and any idea how much data imessage uses? i send less than 1000 messages a month (will 200mb be enough?)
Hi,

1. if you have a normal sim, you will nede a microsim and you can apply for this in your members area, but it's quite easy to cut these to the required size, but you will need a scalpel or something similar.
2. Yes, mine did.
3. It took me 15 minutes to migrate from my 3gs to my 4s.

dragon

Post by dragon » Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:17 pm

thanks.
i've got the phone and it works. they had a sim card cutter and did it for me.
only problem now is im not sure how much data it's using and the user facilities hasn't updated since 14th.
(is it safe to assume imessage and whatsapp don't use much data? that's all i use the data for)

ShaminG
Exetel Staff

Post by ShaminG » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:03 pm

is it safe to assume imessage and whatsapp don't use much data? that's all i use the data for
Usually iMessage texts will hardly use any data. Same with whatsapp, since it's a very lightweight app. However, any photos or videos sent via iMessage or whatsapp will cost you data based on there capacity.