V9 plan - free usage from social network

Mobile phone plans, SIM card activation and porting issue
andrewpontes

V9 plan - free usage from social network

Post by andrewpontes » Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:19 pm

Hi There,

I would like to confirm what social network services are included in the free usage policy of the V9 Optus plan.

I noticed that the new Optus plans include Facebook, Twitter, eBay, MySpace, LinkedIn and foursquare. Does the same apply to V9 plans ?

Could you please confirm that once an Optus micro SIm is inserted in the iPhone, the correct APN will be set up by default or do I need to change it ?

Thanks,

rukshani
Exetel Staff

Re: V9 plan - free usage from social network

Post by rukshani » Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:51 pm

andrewpontes wrote:Hi There,

I would like to confirm what social network services are included in the free usage policy of the V9 Optus plan.

I noticed that the new Optus plans include Facebook, Twitter, eBay, MySpace, LinkedIn and foursquare. Does the same apply to V9 plans ?

Could you please confirm that once an Optus micro SIm is inserted in the iPhone, the correct APN will be set up by default or do I need to change it ?

Thanks,
I have asked an Exetel sales representative to advise you on the above. She will soon post.

EromalR
Exetel Staff

Post by EromalR » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:10 pm

andrewpontes wrote:Hi There,

Thanks,
1. Yes the same social network services apply to V9 plan
2. You would have to enter the APN details

andrewpontes

Post by andrewpontes » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:04 pm

As per your answer, I have run unlockit.co.nz and chose 'yesinternet', is this the right option for an iPhone ?

I noticed that there was another option 'Exetel (Optus)', so I got i bit confused which one was the correct one.

I would to suggest all this info to be placed in the Wiki, so that we don't need to chase the info in multiple places: Wiki, FAQ, Support, Forum and so on.

Thanks,

rukshani
Exetel Staff

Post by rukshani » Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:50 pm

andrewpontes wrote:As per your answer, I have run unlockit.co.nz and chose 'yesinternet', is this the right option for an iPhone ?

I noticed that there was another option 'Exetel (Optus)', so I got i bit confused which one was the correct one.

I would to suggest all this info to be placed in the Wiki, so that we don't need to chase the info in multiple places: Wiki, FAQ, Support, Forum and so on.

Thanks,
An Exetel support engineer will advise you on this soon.

ShaminG
Exetel Staff

Post by ShaminG » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:07 pm

As per your answer, I have run unlockit.co.nz and chose 'yesinternet', is this the right option for an iPhone ?
That would be the correct APN for V plans when used in iphone.
I hope the table in the link below will assist you choosing the correct APN :)
http://exewiki.exetel.com.au/index.php? ... thering.3F

andrewpontes

Post by andrewpontes » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:15 am

Thanks ShaminG !

What about adding that the only way to change APN settings in an iPhone 4 is running the app in http://unlockit.co.nz. Otherwise iPhone users will be driven nuts searching on where they can change APN in their devices.

Regards,

Gob

Post by Gob » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:38 am

andrewpontes wrote:Thanks ShaminG !

What about adding that the only way to change APN settings in an iPhone 4 is running the app in http://unlockit.co.nz. Otherwise iPhone users will be driven nuts searching on where they can change APN in their devices.

Regards,
How Do you check and or Change these settings on Android Phone?