New 'M' plans (existing mobile customer)

Mobile phone plans, SIM card activation and porting issue
Dr Tezza

New 'M' plans (existing mobile customer)

Post by Dr Tezza » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:09 am

I'm exploring the new 'M' mobile plans that now appear in my 'Mobile Change Plan' options.

I am having trouble interpreting the table of options:
'M' plans - screen image.jpg
'M' plans - screen image.jpg (37.79 KiB) Viewed 4029 times
Specifically, what does the column "New Usage(Upload + Download) per Mbyte" mean ?

Thank you

drtezza

thomashouseman

Re: New 'M' plans (existing mobile customer)

Post by thomashouseman » Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:07 pm

Also, when one of these plans it taken up, is there any reduction to the users ADSL plan like what happens with the CAP plans? If so, what are the values/discounts?

rukshani
Exetel Staff

Post by rukshani » Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:45 pm

thomashouseman wrote:Also, when one of these plans it taken up, is there any reduction to the users ADSL plan like what happens with the CAP plans? If so, what are the values/discounts?
An Exetel sales representative will advise you on this.

slave1

Post by slave1 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:01 pm

rukshani wrote:
thomashouseman wrote:Also, when one of these plans it taken up, is there any reduction to the users ADSL plan like what happens with the CAP plans? If so, what are the values/discounts?
I'm also interested to hear what, if any, reduction in ADSL plan may exist if switching to an "M" plan. I'm contemplating churning one of my mobile numbers away, but I'd much rather keep my business with Exetel, especially if a discount was applicable in this scenario. Rukshani / thomashouseman could you possibly post with the outcome?

bodogbodog

Post by bodogbodog » Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:21 am

Exetel can answer you officially but the answer is no - there is no discount given on your ADSL plan when you take up a M plan
That used to happen with a previous generation of mobile plans (CAP) however the M plans are a better deal overall than that older generation of plan

bodogbodog

Post by bodogbodog » Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:25 am

Dr Tezza wrote:I'm exploring the new 'M' mobile plans that now appear in my 'Mobile Change Plan' options.
Specifically, what does the column "New Usage(Upload + Download) per Mbyte" mean ?
Error by Exetel on their www site
Check out http://www.exetel.com.au/residential-mo ... -plans.php for the details of the inclusions in the M plans

thomashouseman

Post by thomashouseman » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:08 am

Why do I have to pay a $25 fee to change to the M15 plan from the CAP19 plan then when the $19 plan only costs me $9 ($10 off adsl) - shouldn't it be free if the plan is costing you MORE?
That's the way Exetel have normally structured it...
T.

remosha

Post by remosha » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:21 am

Dr Tezza wrote:I'm exploring the new 'M' mobile plans that now appear in my 'Mobile Change Plan' options.

I am having trouble interpreting the table of options:
'M' plans - screen image.jpg

Thank you

drtezza
Indicated in the column is the Excess usage charges for data.

remosha

Post by remosha » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:22 am

There's no ADSL discount with the new "M" plans.

remosha

Post by remosha » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:31 am

slave1 wrote:
rukshani wrote:
I'm also interested to hear what, if any, reduction in ADSL plan may exist if switching to an "M" plan. I'm contemplating churning one of my mobile numbers away, but I'd much rather keep my business with Exetel, especially if a discount was applicable in this scenario. Rukshani / thomashouseman could you possibly post with the outcome?
The "M plans are already discounted. Hence, there will be no additional discount on your ADSL service.

remosha

Post by remosha » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:40 am

thomashouseman wrote:Why do I have to pay a $25 fee to change to the M15 plan from the CAP19 plan then when the $19 plan only costs me $9 ($10 off adsl) - shouldn't it be free if the plan is costing you MORE?
That's the way Exetel have normally structured it...
T.
Could you please email residentialsales@exetel.com.au with subject "Forum post- New 'M' plans (existing mobile customer)" with your service number, so that I can look into your account and help you better.

antoniov

Post by antoniov » Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:13 pm

Could someone advise if there are any restrictions on using a new M plan with a tablet-phone device?
Unified devices such as the galaxy note 5.3" tab 7" and 8.8" are full 3G data and 2G mobile capable so they are a large smart phone by the definition.

The inclusions of the M plan state that "Data charges are included when the configured APN is ‘INTERNET’ or ‘OPTUSWAP’ or ‘YesINTERNET’ (for iPhones).

However after reading the exetel-optus info on tethering I am more confused than ever.
Do I get to use my 5GB of data allowance or am I running the risk of being charged $1.43pMB????

Can I use my sim on an M plan in a USB 3G modem if I set the APN to INTERNET ???????