can't send/receive MMS

Mobile phone plans, SIM card activation and porting issue
crcjetty

can't send/receive MMS

Post by crcjetty » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:50 am

i have been on the Z39 plan for almost a year & i have never been able to send or receive MMS. i have a Samsung galaxy s.
when i try to send an MMS it just hangs. when i receive one i just get a link to it.
everything else works on my phone. i have been using the 3G tethered to my laptop with no problem.
is there an APN settings page to look at?

thanks!

NadunH
Exetel Staff

Re: can't send/receive MMS

Post by NadunH » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:02 am

i have been on the Z39 plan for almost a year & i have never been able to send or receive MMS. i have a Samsung galaxy s.
when i try to send an MMS it just hangs. when i receive one i just get a link to it.
everything else works on my phone. i have been using the 3G tethered to my laptop with no problem.
is there an APN settings page to look at?

thanks!
Configure the following settings on your "Access Point Name" under "Mobile Networks".

You can locate "Mobile Network" in the "Wireless and networks" menu under "Settings" menu.

APN Name: Exetel

APN: INTERNET

MMSC: http://mmsc.optus.com.au:8002/

MMS proxy: 61.88.190.10

MMS port: 8070

MCC: 505

MNC: 02

APN type: Select internet + mms (or Type "default" -without the quotes)

Leave the following fields unset. ---> Proxy, Port, Username, Password, Server and Authentication type.

Save the settings and restart the Phone. :D

crcjetty

Post by crcjetty » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:02 am

thank you for your reply but this did not work for me. anything else i can try?

NadunH
Exetel Staff

Post by NadunH » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:41 am

Did you get any kind of errors when you try to send MMs out.. :?:

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by jokiin » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:17 am

crcjetty wrote:thank you for your reply but this did not work for me. anything else i can try?
if you ported this number in from a different provider then it is likely an issue with the port process, this is a common fault with numbers that are ported from other carriers, they will need to report a fault with the telco if this is the case

NadunH
Exetel Staff

Post by NadunH » Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:41 am

I have contacted the wholesale supplier with regards to your issue and the have done few changes. :)

Turn off the phone for 15 minutes, turn it back on and delete all unsent MMSes and then try sending an MMS to yourself. :D

crcjetty

Post by crcjetty » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:05 am

thanks i'll give it a go & let you know how if it works.

ScottWen

Post by ScottWen » Thu May 10, 2012 3:20 pm

I have a mobile on the CAP19 plan (optus). We changed to a Samsung Galaxy Ace phone and initially the MMS & Internet worked but they have since stopped working.

Should I use the above settings as well or are they different for my type of plan. Most of the settings on the phone are wrong compared to these.

Thanks

stevecJ
Forum Admin

Post by stevecJ » Thu May 10, 2012 5:47 pm

ScottWen wrote:I have a mobile on the CAP19 plan (optus). We changed to a Samsung Galaxy Ace phone and initially the MMS & Internet worked but they have since stopped working.

Should I use the above settings as well or are they different for my type of plan. Most of the settings on the phone are wrong compared to these.

Thanks
Hi,

Above settings would be fine for your plan type as well. If the settings are properly done and if it's still doesn't work please drop an email to 'residentialsupport@exetel.com.au' with the mobile number so we can investigate it further :?:
To Log a fault ticket, please click click here or alternatively call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)

=================
Exetel Support Portal
=================

crcjetty

Post by crcjetty » Sat May 12, 2012 9:28 am

still having trouble with MMS.

i can now verify that the phone i'm using (Galaxy S) works perfectly with a Vodafone SIM. i can send & receive MMS without any problem.

I have once again factory reset the phone & entered the settings you provided but still cannot send or receive MMS.

there must be a solution. i was using an iPhone several months ago with this same SIM & it also worked fine.

the number i am using was ported from Optus.

Kaushalya
Exetel Staff

Post by Kaushalya » Sat May 12, 2012 11:25 am

still having trouble with MMS.

i can now verify that the phone i'm using (Galaxy S) works perfectly with a Vodafone SIM. i can send & receive MMS without any problem.

I have once again factory reset the phone & entered the settings you provided but still cannot send or receive MMS.

there must be a solution. i was using an iPhone several months ago with this same SIM & it also worked fine.

the number i am using was ported from Optus.
Hi,

I sent you MMS settings to your mobile. And I have escalated the matter to our supplier for further investigations.

Your reference number is 5186927. We will notify you once the updates are available :) .

crcjetty

Post by crcjetty » Sat May 12, 2012 6:58 pm

i got the text with the MMS settings but when i click install it asks for a pin..

anurangaf
Exetel Staff

Post by anurangaf » Sat May 12, 2012 7:53 pm

crcjetty wrote:i got the text with the MMS settings but when i click install it asks for a pin..
Hi crcjetty,

We had replied to you from reference 5186927 with your PIN.

crcjetty

Post by crcjetty » Tue May 15, 2012 10:54 am

i installed the text you sent with the APN settings but it is just the same. can't send or receive MMS. as i said before. my Vodafone SIM works flawlessly.

one thing you might look at is that my number has been ported from Optus. maybe a new SIM with a different number will help?

NadunH
Exetel Staff

Post by NadunH » Tue May 15, 2012 2:30 pm

i installed the text you sent with the APN settings but it is just the same. can't send or receive MMS. as i said before. my Vodafone SIM works flawlessly.

one thing you might look at is that my number has been ported from Optus. maybe a new SIM with a different number will help?
Hi crcjetty,

Please note that MMS will not work until you select the settings for Optus. I think that your Galaxy S has both Optus and Vodafone settings installed at the moment.

Since MMS works as soon as you change the SIM to the Vodafone SIM, I suspect that the default settings that the Galaxy S is set to is Vodafone settings.

Select the MMS and Internet settings for Optus and recheck by sending a MMS to yourself. :)