change of plan and voicemail reset?

Mobile phone plans, SIM card activation and porting issue
Mort

change of plan and voicemail reset?

Post by Mort » Thu May 03, 2012 1:49 pm

Greetings,

I just changed my wifes mobile plan from one exetel plan to a different exetel plan. She's just realised that as a result her voicemail setup has been reset and needs to be configured again. It's not a *huge* issue, but it's not one that was pointed out at anytime during the plan change application process.

Is this expected behaviour, some quirk that just happened this month, or just something you didn't realise would happen?

Scott.
As we know, there are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns. That is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, the ones we don't know we don't know.

shoner
Forum Admin

Re: change of plan and voicemail reset?

Post by shoner » Thu May 03, 2012 4:19 pm

Mort wrote:Greetings,

I just changed my wifes mobile plan from one exetel plan to a different exetel plan. She's just realised that as a result her voicemail setup has been reset and needs to be configured again. It's not a *huge* issue, but it's not one that was pointed out at anytime during the plan change application process.

Is this expected behaviour, some quirk that just happened this month, or just something you didn't realise would happen?

Scott.
No server changes will be made to value added services like voice mail. With the plan change those services should remain the same. Not sure as how the voice mail was rest during the process :roll: , unless we speak to the supplier and find out what exactly has happened.
"Helping Making a Better World"

Log a fault ticket Here
or call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)
Exetel Support Portal

Mort

Post by Mort » Thu May 03, 2012 4:32 pm

Something must have happened somehow. My wife said she also saw a message popup on her iPhone telling here that she would need to re-setup her voicemail settings as well. She might have taken a screenshot of the message, but either way it did happen so it might be worth checking with Optus if this was peculiar to our situation or something that is expected to happen for any plan change.

Plan change was from a bundled CAP35 plan to a M29 plan.
As we know, there are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns. That is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, the ones we don't know we don't know.

shoner
Forum Admin

Post by shoner » Thu May 03, 2012 4:41 pm

Mort wrote:Something must have happened somehow. My wife said she also saw a message popup on her iPhone telling here that she would need to re-setup her voicemail settings as well. She might have taken a screenshot of the message, but either way it did happen so it might be worth checking with Optus if this was peculiar to our situation or something that is expected to happen for any plan change.

Plan change was from a bundled CAP35 plan to a M29 plan.
PM me the mobile number in question I will get the supplier to check on this.

Log a fault ticket Here
Exetel Support Portal

shoner
Forum Admin

Post by shoner » Fri May 04, 2012 8:55 am

I have received your PM I will check with the supplier with regard to your concerns and will PM back to you.

Log a fault ticket Here
Exetel Support Portal