2 questions: Optus 4G in Newcastle, and getting a microsim

Mobile phone plans, SIM card activation and porting issue
Captain Kermit

2 questions: Optus 4G in Newcastle, and getting a microsim

Post by Captain Kermit » Sat May 12, 2012 2:22 pm

I'm on the Z15 plan at the moment and read in the newspaper a few days back that Optus had launched 4G service in Newcastle where I live. Is there any word on whether they'll be offering 4G access to Exetel or are they going to keep it to themselves for now?

Also, I've just ordered a Samsung GS3 to replace my GS2 and was wondering what the process is to get a microsim to replace my sim, and whether I can continue using my normal SIM until the new phone arrives.

Cheers,
Mitch.

remosha
Exetel Staff

Re: 2 questions: Optus 4G in Newcastle, and getting a micros

Post by remosha » Mon May 14, 2012 1:22 pm

Captain Kermit wrote:I'm on the Z15 plan at the moment and read in the newspaper a few days back that Optus had launched 4G service in Newcastle where I live. Is there any word on whether they'll be offering 4G access to Exetel or are they going to keep it to themselves for now?

Also, I've just ordered a Samsung GS3 to replace my GS2 and was wondering what the process is to get a microsim to replace my sim, and whether I can continue using my normal SIM until the new phone arrives.

Cheers,
Mitch.
Hi Mitch,

We are unable to confirm right away when exactly Optus 4G will be offered by Exetel. However, if everything goes according to the current plan, we should be able to offer the service in August / September.

You may request for a Micro SIM via your Exetel Members Facilities > Mobile/ Mobile Broadband > Micro SIM Swap. Your current SIM will remain active until you request for the new SIM card to be activated.