process for porting to exetel

Mobile phone plans, SIM card activation and porting issue
jaseparlo

process for porting to exetel

Post by jaseparlo » Wed May 30, 2012 3:33 pm

Not a problem but a presales query, wasn't sure where to put it. Can someone confirm, if I'm porting my mobile from 3 to Exetel, I leave my 3 account active so I get calls until Exetel sim arrives, then I log in and port my number, then when that is complete I cancel my 3 service right? How do you know when that has happened?

Jase

EromalR
Exetel Staff

Re: process for porting to exetel

Post by EromalR » Wed May 30, 2012 4:00 pm

jaseparlo wrote:Not a problem but a presales query, wasn't sure where to put it. Can someone confirm, if I'm porting my mobile from 3 to Exetel, I leave my 3 account active so I get calls until Exetel sim arrives, then I log in and port my number, then when that is complete I cancel my 3 service right? How do you know when that has happened?

Jase
Yes its correct. Your mobile will stop functioning and that's when the service has been ported over. Simply replace the SIM with the new Exetel SIM. Contact the previous provider and ask to close the account, once you are certain that the conenction was ported to avoid any further billing. Make sure that you do not request to cancel/close the account with the previous mobile provider untill the porting procedure is completed.

jaseparlo

Post by jaseparlo » Thu May 31, 2012 8:31 am

Sweet, thanks for clear reply :)

ausduckz

Post by ausduckz » Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:08 pm

Thanks for this information.

I plan on doing the same thing, moving from Optus to Exetel, as I am very close to being out my 24 month contract with them. Generally, how long does the SIM Card take to be delivered? And when does billing commence with Exetel? Is it at the time the SIM Card is ordered, or when the Porting/SIM Activation is complete?

rukshani
Exetel Staff

Post by rukshani » Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:33 pm

ausduckz wrote:Thanks for this information.

I plan on doing the same thing, moving from Optus to Exetel, as I am very close to being out my 24 month contract with them. Generally, how long does the SIM Card take to be delivered? And when does billing commence with Exetel? Is it at the time the SIM Card is ordered, or when the Porting/SIM Activation is complete?
The sim should be delivered within 3 working days given that you're in VIC and Exetel billing would commence from the date the service is activated.