Optus national roaming

Mobile phone plans, SIM card activation and porting issue
TashaEm

Optus national roaming

Post by TashaEm » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:10 am

Hi, I was just wondering about Optus national roaming. On my M plan it says All national roaming voice calls and SMS are excluded.

My question is how do I tell on my android handset when I am on roaming? And would this happen very often?

remosha
Exetel Staff

Re: Optus national roaming

Post by remosha » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:28 am

TashaEm wrote:Hi, I was just wondering about Optus national roaming. On my M plan it says All national roaming voice calls and SMS are excluded.

My question is how do I tell on my android handset when I am on roaming? And would this happen very often?
Hi,

We do not support National Roaming on our mobile plans. Exetel uses the Optus Network to provide mobile services which covers 97% of the population.

If you are within a metro area but having bad or patchy coverage, we will be offering Optus Home Zone soon.
http://www.optus.com.au/home/home-zone/

samarium

Post by samarium » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:38 pm

TashaEm wrote:Hi, I was just wondering about Optus national roaming. On my M plan it says All national roaming voice calls and SMS are excluded.

Vodafone/3 used to have a romaing agreement with Telstra, but Telstra is busy ripping out the infrastructure.

I don't expect to roam at all with an Optus SIM.

Settings->Wireless&Network->[optional:More->]Mobile

Deselect all roaming options, safer to eliminate the possibility, especailly as data is usually the most expensive service.

Also, open the phone dialer, and enter: *#*#info#*#* this will show you all sorts of internal phone status information, including roaming status.

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by jokiin » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:21 am

samarium wrote:
I don't expect to roam at all with an Optus SIM.
it won't anyway, no need to change any settings

taphan

Optus Home Zone

Post by taphan » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:40 am

remosha wrote:If you are within a metro area but having bad or patchy coverage, we will be offering Optus Home Zone soon.
Hi,

I already have an Optus Home Zone, will I be able to add my Exetel Optus number to it soon?
I have very bad coverage at my house!

Thanks!

ShaminG
Exetel Staff

Post by ShaminG » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:42 am

I already have an Optus Home Zone, will I be able to add my Exetel Optus number to it soon?
I have replied to your other post : viewtopic.php?f=59&t=38530&p=300853#p300853

TashaEm

Post by TashaEm » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:02 am

I already have data roaming turned off. Thank you for the prompt replies.:)