3G service on iPad

Mobile phone plans, SIM card activation and porting issue
fredfrog

3G service on iPad

Post by fredfrog » Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:05 pm

I bought an ipad 2 back in Feb and it worked OK on 3G. Then I bought a wireless modem and ran the iPad on My home WiFi up to the time we left for a Melbourne trip (29th June). Now is the time I need the 3G and it wont connect, gives the usual error me ssages about no cellular data etc. The APN is CONECTME, have tried many different names but no go. Also have tried all the disconnect reconnect reboot tricks, the service is a S1.5 plan.
Maybe the sim card has thrown a wobbly, or is there something I can do to get connected. Any help welcome.
Last edited by fredfrog on Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stevecJ
Forum Admin

Re: 3G service on iPad

Post by stevecJ » Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:20 pm

fredfrog wrote:I bought an ipad 2 back in Feb and it worked OK on 3G. Then I bought a wireless modem and ran the iPad on My home WiFi up to the time we left for a Melbourne trip (29th June). Now is the time I need the 3G and it wont connect, gives the usual error me ssages about no cellular data etc. The APN is CONECTME, have tried many different names but no go. Also have tried all the disconnect reconnect reboot tricks, the number for the sim card is. ...on a S1.5 plan.
Maybe the sim card has thrown a wobbly, or is there something I can do to get connected. Any help welcome.
Hi,

The correct APN should be 'connect' for your service. However I will arrange one of our support engineers to contact you to further check on this. :)
Last edited by stevecJ on Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
To Log a fault ticket, please click click here or alternatively call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)

=================
Exetel Support Portal
=================

fredfrog

Post by fredfrog » Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:06 pm

Thank you Stevec, how embarrassing, connect in lower case must have been the only APN I didnt try but it works....at last.
It has been a steep learning curve (for an old bloke) but I now can connect with WiFi or 3G and can send mail from anywhere, the tricks being that on 3G I have to use the SMTP mail.optusnet.com.au (pop3 unaltered) and when using a different WiFi the SMTP setting has to match that networks setting. Can be awkward while travelling but once internet access is running, hotmail can be used as a backup. Now all I have to,do is not exceed the monthly data allowance.

Thanks again. fredfrog

stevecJ
Forum Admin

Post by stevecJ » Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:32 pm

fredfrog wrote:Thank you Stevec, how embarrassing, connect in lower case must have been the only APN I didnt try but it works....at last.
It has been a steep learning curve (for an old bloke) but I now can connect with WiFi or 3G and can send mail from anywhere, the tricks being that on 3G I have to use the SMTP mail.optusnet.com.au (pop3 unaltered) and when using a different WiFi the SMTP setting has to match that networks setting. Can be awkward while travelling but once internet access is running, hotmail can be used as a backup. Now all I have to,do is not exceed the monthly data allowance.

Thanks again. fredfrog

I'm glad I could assist you in resolving this matter :)
To Log a fault ticket, please click click here or alternatively call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)

=================
Exetel Support Portal
=================

lasithah
Exetel Staff

Post by lasithah » Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:41 pm

fredfrog wrote:Thank you Stevec, how embarrassing, connect in lower case must have been the only APN I didnt try but it works....at last.

Thanks again. fredfrog
Hi fredfrog,

If you need the email account to be working with several internet services, you can add a list of smtp servers under the email account settings to be used with the account so that you can use without changing any settings.

:)