Micro SIM swap

Mobile phone plans, SIM card activation and porting issue
Black Guy

Micro SIM swap

Post by Black Guy » Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:56 pm

Hi,
I recently churned 2 mobile services from Optus to Exetel and was pleasantly surprised by the ease of the procedure.
Since then, I have purchased 2 iphone 4S' and requested a micro sim swap for them both (my wife's and mine).
Upon receiving the sim cards (within 3 days) I have activated them but they are now connected to the same iphone number (my wife's).
After calling technical support, and over the course of 2 hours and repeated attempts by the operator to rectify the issue I was told someone would call me today (Saturday).
No one called and after ringing technical support again I've been told that I won't have a mobile phone service until someone with greater access to the provisioning system investigates on Monday.

My occupation is extremely dependant on telecommunication. My clients having instant access to me on the move is my whole occupation.
If anyone at exetel could please look into this before Monday, you would have my eternal gratitude.

Thanks,
Black

anurangaf
Exetel Staff

Re: Micro SIM swap

Post by anurangaf » Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:21 pm

Black Guy wrote:Hi,
I recently churned 2 mobile services from Optus to Exetel and was pleasantly surprised by the ease of the procedure.
Since then, I have purchased 2 iphone 4S' and requested a micro sim swap for them both (my wife's and mine).
Upon receiving the sim cards (within 3 days) I have activated them but they are now connected to the same iphone number (my wife's).
After calling technical support, and over the course of 2 hours and repeated attempts by the operator to rectify the issue I was told someone would call me today (Saturday).
No one called and after ringing technical support again I've been told that I won't have a mobile phone service until someone with greater access to the provisioning system investigates on Monday.

My occupation is extremely dependant on telecommunication. My clients having instant access to me on the move is my whole occupation.
If anyone at exetel could please look into this before Monday, you would have my eternal gratitude.

Thanks,
Black
Hi Black,

We will escalate this issue to our provisioning team under the reference 5598066 and will get back to you as soon as possible.

Black Guy

Re: Micro SIM swap

Post by Black Guy » Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:35 pm

Thank you for your quick response anurangaf