Nano Sim

Mobile phone plans, SIM card activation and porting issue
roby

Re: Nano Sim

Post by roby » Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:41 am

I have a Nano sim on order from exetel but while I was out this morning went into an optus shop and was able to pick up a nano sim.
Can I cancel my order and put the sim I have into the works so I can log into my members area when I get back to Melbourne and then activate it when I put it into my iphone 5?

EroshanJ
Exetel Staff

Post by EroshanJ » Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:15 am

roby wrote:I have a Nano sim on order from exetel but while I was out this morning went into an optus shop and was able to pick up a nano sim.
Can I cancel my order and put the sim I have into the works so I can log into my members area when I get back to Melbourne and then activate it when I put it into my iphone 5?
Hi roby,

I have to check the possibilities of getting the nano sim activated from our provisioning team since you have bought it from Optus store.

Please note that the provisioning team will be available on Monday. I will update you regarding this on Monday.

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:41 pm

roby wrote:I have a Nano sim on order from exetel but while I was out this morning went into an optus shop and was able to pick up a nano sim.
Hi Roby,

Email provisioning@exetel.com.au with the SIM number, and they will enter it into our b2b with Optus Wholesale, then our provisioning team will be able to activate it on the spot.

James

roby

Post by roby » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:17 am

Thankyou very much James I have now done this

roby

Post by roby » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:31 am

James wrote:
Hi Roby,

Email provisioning@exetel.com.au with the SIM number, and they will enter it into our b2b with Optus Wholesale, then our provisioning team will be able to activate it on the spot.

James
HI James
I did what you said this morning and got the following resonse

Hi Robert,

Please be advice you can't use the nano SIM which you got for Optus as it is not
allocated to Exetel.

We expect the NANO SIMs to arrive by 27/09/2012. Once we get them we will dispatch
them immediately .

Once you get the NANO SIM that Exetel has send you would be able to activate it from
your members area.

Shahen Fernando
Service Provisioning Administrator

Exetel Pty Ltd
Ph: 0280301000 (Option 3)
Fax: 0280302100
www.exetel.com.au

James do you think you can do anything here

petercave

Post by petercave » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:33 am

I have ordered the nano sim but cannot fine the 4G mobile plans that were supposed to come out last week.

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:23 pm

roby wrote:
James wrote:
Hi Roby,

James
HI James
I did what you said this morning and got the following resonse

Hi Robert,

Please be advice you can't use the nano SIM which you got for Optus as it is not
allocated to Exetel.

We expect the NANO SIMs to arrive by 27/09/2012. Once we get them we will dispatch
them immediately .

Once you get the NANO SIM that Exetel has send you would be able to activate it from
your members area.

Shahen Fernando
Service Provisioning Administrator

Exetel Pty Ltd
Ph: 0280301000 (Option 3)
Fax: 0280302100
http://www.exetel.com.au

James do you think you can do anything here

Please forward me the email (james@exetel.com.au).

roby

Post by roby » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:44 pm

Hi James
will do I have just got another email which I will also send you.

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:47 pm

Please note that this process can only be done for our Premium service, not our standard plans.

roby

Post by roby » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:54 pm

I was going to change plan when the new plan comes out unsure what your premium service is

roby

Post by roby » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:31 pm

I guess I must be unlucky as the phone number in question has now stopped working (no signal) I have tried other sims in the phone and no problems may be they are doing somthing in getting ready for the nano sim

stevecJ
Forum Admin

Post by stevecJ » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:21 pm

roby wrote:I guess I must be unlucky as the phone number in question has now stopped working (no signal) I have tried other sims in the phone and no problems may be they are doing somthing in getting ready for the nano sim
Hi,

I will check on this and get back to you soon.
To Log a fault ticket, please click click here or alternatively call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)

=================
Exetel Support Portal
=================

roby

Post by roby » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:55 pm

I put in a support ticket about my mobile and exetel were quick to contact me to try to resolve my problem It was worked out that I need a new sim so I decided that it was not worth a new sim for this phone to be sent out as a nano sim is already on order.
even though I am not able to use this mobile for a week or two I was very happy on ho how fast exetel contacted me through provisioning and also through the forum.
any way I am looking forward to getting the iPhone 5.
Thanks Exetel for the quick response great work

3.three

Post by 3.three » Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:15 pm

What is the hold up with the nano sim cards?

Exetel still can't send one to me but plenty of other suppliers have them.

Thanks

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:39 pm

3.three wrote:What is the hold up with the nano sim cards?

Exetel still can't send one to me but plenty of other suppliers have them.

Thanks
They were sent out today, have you ordered one?