Nano Sim

Mobile phone plans, SIM card activation and porting issue
mooshoepork
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:36 pm
Location: Melbourne

Re: Nano Sim

Post by mooshoepork » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:58 am

Still not on the sign up sheet.

3.three
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:25 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Nano Sim

Post by 3.three » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:23 am

No I haven't yet.

What is the process for swapping sim cards over - as in when does the existing one become inactive and when does the new one become active.

How long from order to the sim arriving?

Thanks.

stahmoy
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:22 pm
Location: Canberra

Re: Nano Sim

Post by stahmoy » Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:35 pm

James wrote:
3.three wrote:What is the hold up with the nano sim cards?

Exetel still can't send one to me but plenty of other suppliers have them.

Thanks
They were sent out today, have you ordered one?
I just called Exetel Sales, the lady told me that Nano SIMs are not available until 1st October for M15 plan. This is confusing because James said that the nano-SIM cards are in stock now (see viewtopic.php?f=59&t=39666&hilit=nano+s ... 30#p301979 )

The issue is I want to sign up for the M15 plan, before they 'disappear' next month. So to do this, I will have to get a SIM card that doesn't fit in my iPhone 5, and then have log in (after activating my wasted SIM plastic chip) and pay $20 later to get the nano-SIM shipped again.

Is it possible to just delay the shipping of my nano-SIM card? I don't want to waste everything: $20, shipping costs (Exetel), and a piece of plastic. I can wait one week before I get my nano-SIM. Even two weeks. Exetel, what do I need to do to sign up for M15 plan and not have to re-order a nano-SIM immediately after?

Or is it that the M15 plan (with nano-SIM) will appear on the website soon, so I can sign up simply and efficiently?

Thanks, and looking forward to your response!

Venurukshi
Exetel Staff
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:59 pm
Location: Sydney-Australia

Re: Nano Sim

Post by Venurukshi » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:19 pm

stahmoy wrote:
James wrote:
3.three wrote:What is the hold up with the nano sim cards?

Exetel still can't send one to me but plenty of other suppliers have them.

Thanks
They were sent out today, have you ordered one?
I just called Exetel Sales, the lady told me that Nano SIMs are not available until 1st October for M15 plan. This is confusing because James said that the nano-SIM cards are in stock now (see viewtopic.php?f=59&t=39666&hilit=nano+s ... 30#p301979 )

The issue is I want to sign up for the M15 plan, before they 'disappear' next month. So to do this, I will have to get a SIM card that doesn't fit in my iPhone 5, and then have log in (after activating my wasted SIM plastic chip) and pay $20 later to get the nano-SIM shipped again.

Is it possible to just delay the shipping of my nano-SIM card? I don't want to waste everything: $20, shipping costs (Exetel), and a piece of plastic. I can wait one week before I get my nano-SIM. Even two weeks. Exetel, what do I need to do to sign up for M15 plan and not have to re-order a nano-SIM immediately after?

Or is it that the M15 plan (with nano-SIM) will appear on the website soon, so I can sign up simply and efficiently?

Thanks, and looking forward to your response!
Nano Sims are currently available only for existing mobile customers who are required to order a Sim through their member's facilities. New order forms will not have this option enabled and we cannot provide an ETA on this. You may order M15 plan with a standard Sim and later apply for a Nano Sim through the member's facility. However please bear in mind that M15 is under 3G network. We will have our 4G plans available after 1st of October.

Brooksy
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:24 pm
Location: NSW

Re: Nano Sim - Headspins....

Post by Brooksy » Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:45 am

Mini, micro, nano.... Geez!!! lol

My head's spinnin'

I've ordered an iPhone5, due to be delivered in a couple of weeks.

Is there anything wrong with cutting down my existing sim card to nano or is there something amiss?

I've read this thread and also the Face Book page and things don't seem to gel with the nano card availability. FB says to order, and be quick, while stocks last, and here it seems that they aren't available and/or there are problems with shipping.

The reason I ask is that transferring all phone numbers from existing phone to the iPhone can be a PITA if they are not on the card.

>sighs<.....
Computers are easy, but these fan-daggled phones are different, lol.
Added: All this to scrap my current Samsung Bada POS.

User avatar
EroshanJ
Exetel Staff
Posts: 243
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:26 am
Location: Australia

Re: Nano Sim - Headspins....

Post by EroshanJ » Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:08 pm

Brooksy wrote:Mini, micro, nano.... Geez!!! lol

My head's spinnin'

I've ordered an iPhone5, due to be delivered in a couple of weeks.

Is there anything wrong with cutting down my existing sim card to nano or is there something amiss?

I've read this thread and also the Face Book page and things don't seem to gel with the nano card availability. FB says to order, and be quick, while stocks last, and here it seems that they aren't available and/or there are problems with shipping.

The reason I ask is that transferring all phone numbers from existing phone to the iPhone can be a PITA if they are not on the card.

>sighs<.....
Hi Brooksy,

Since you are an existing mobile customer, you may order a replacement nano sim via Exetel members facility :)

Contact us if you need more details.

Cheers!

rigs
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:04 am
Location: Wollongong

Re: Nano Sim

Post by rigs » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:56 am

Exetel,

I agree with the comments posted earlier by 3.

It seems ridiculous to order a service eg M15, and get shipped an incorrect SIM, then have to go thru the hassle of ordering a nano sim to fit the phone. Surely all it would take is to add the Nano as a radio button option on the order form.
I understand that the iphone5 is 4G capable, but I dont care, I dont wont to use it on a 4G network. I want it for other features it has, and may in the future upgrade to 4G.

I dont use the mobile a great deal, so a medium usage plan would suit me best.
We use Exetel for ADSL, for home phone, and have a mobile phone on the M8 plan, now Id like to get an Iphone5 and hook it up to the M15 plan, surely you can reduce the red tape here.

Please consider adding the Nano sim as an option (for existing members?) when ordering an exetel service.
Thanks.

mooshoepork
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:36 pm
Location: Melbourne

Re: Nano Sim

Post by mooshoepork » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:29 am

rigs wrote:Exetel,

I agree with the comments posted earlier by 3.

It seems ridiculous to order a service eg M15, and get shipped an incorrect SIM, then have to go thru the hassle of ordering a nano sim to fit the phone. Surely all it would take is to add the Nano as a radio button option on the order form.
I understand that the iphone5 is 4G capable, but I dont care, I dont wont to use it on a 4G network. I want it for other features it has, and may in the future upgrade to 4G.

I dont use the mobile a great deal, so a medium usage plan would suit me best.
We use Exetel for ADSL, for home phone, and have a mobile phone on the M8 plan, now Id like to get an Iphone5 and hook it up to the M15 plan, surely you can reduce the red tape here.

Please consider adding the Nano sim as an option (for existing members?) when ordering an exetel service.
Thanks.
I'm in the same situation as you. Exetel don't care. Shit out of luck I'm afraid!

rigs
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:04 am
Location: Wollongong

Re: Nano Sim

Post by rigs » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:41 pm

You'd think in this day and age when its tough in business, and competition is high, you'd listen to your loyal customers and do your best to accomodate them.
I truly believe that not all business is good business, you need to make a profit or theres no point, so Exetel, I dont mind you making a profit here, but at least offer the service so its a win win !!

JB35
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:35 pm
Location: Melbourne

Re: Nano Sim

Post by JB35 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:55 pm

Can anyone advise the estimated delivery time for Nano Sims (assuming that stock exists)?

I am planning to port across two accounts to iphone5s and trying to judge when to order the Mobile service.
If I order the phone and the sims at the same time, I will be without a working phone (current ones uses full sim) for too long (estimate on phones is 3-4 weeks).
If I order too late, I'll have a shiny new phone that I can't use.

Venurukshi
Exetel Staff
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:59 pm
Location: Sydney-Australia

Re: Nano Sim

Post by Venurukshi » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:23 pm

JB35 wrote:Can anyone advise the estimated delivery time for Nano Sims (assuming that stock exists)?

I am planning to port across two accounts to iphone5s and trying to judge when to order the Mobile service.
If I order the phone and the sims at the same time, I will be without a working phone (current ones uses full sim) for too long (estimate on phones is 3-4 weeks).
If I order too late, I'll have a shiny new phone that I can't use.
Hi JB35,

The estimated time frame is about 3-5 working days from the time of submitting a Mobile application.

Regards
Venu

Brooksy
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:24 pm
Location: NSW

Re: Nano Sim

Post by Brooksy » Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:57 pm

My iPhone 5 arrived on time, no nano sim ordered....... yet.
But!
As an experiment, I cut my existing sim down to fit (nano-size), all working good and as expected.
Unfortunately Apple are not as flexible as other phone providers and I cannot find anywhere within the iPhone maze to check / change the APN.

3G Downloading appears fine, well as good as can be expected out here in the sticks anyway. Mostly downloading stuff over Wi Fi utilizing our ADSL connection.

I have no idea which APN the phone is using (yesinternet or internet or blah, blah) but seems to work fine. Hopefully data exchanges are being allocated to the correct boxes, lol.

If things go pearshaped, I'll order the correct nano sim, but atm things seem fine. 3G data transfer speed fine, especially on the Z15 plan, lol.
Hopefully the iPhone isn't all that hungry...... (Ha!!)

Brooksy

User avatar
kushanw
Exetel Staff
Posts: 171
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:18 pm
Location: Australia

Re: Nano Sim

Post by kushanw » Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:48 pm

Hi Brooksy,

You can order a Nano SIM from the members facility portal.

There's an application called 'iPhone Configuration Utility' on the Apple website. You can view/change the APN through this application.

Regards,
Kushan

Brooksy
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:24 pm
Location: NSW

Re: Nano Sim

Post by Brooksy » Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:49 am

kushanw wrote:Hi Brooksy,

You can order a Nano SIM from the members facility portal.

There's an application called 'iPhone Configuration Utility' on the Apple website. You can view/change the APN through this application.

Regards,
Kushan
Thanks for the info mate, will check it out. Much appreciated. :D

Added: the app you mentioned (iPhone Configuration Utility) is no longer available from the App store. Appears to have been replaced by an App called "Apple Configurator", which by the reviews isn't all that friendly.......

User avatar
kushanw
Exetel Staff
Posts: 171
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:18 pm
Location: Australia

Re: Nano Sim

Post by kushanw » Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:57 pm

Hi Brooksy,

'iPhone Configuration Utility' is not an app available for the iPhone. You can obtain this application from the Apple website and install it on your computer. Then you can connect the iPhone to your computer and view/change settings via this application.

Post Reply