iPhone 4 No SMS or Data

Mobile phone plans, SIM card activation and porting issue
buglemcdougle

iPhone 4 No SMS or Data

Post by buglemcdougle » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:50 pm

I have ported my number from a Virgin Mobile plan to an Exetel plan.

My Virgin SIM stopped working this afternoon, so I inserted the Exetel SIM in my iPhone. It registered, & got signal, but I was unable to make calls or txt or use the data.

I used www.unlockit.co.nz to set the APN to YESINTERNET, but it has made no difference. After several restarts, I can know make calls, but still can't txt, iMessage only works when I'm connected to wifi, but standard messaging does not work at all.

Please help! I need my phone for work tomorrow...

stevecJ
Forum Admin

Re: iPhone 4 No SMS or Data

Post by stevecJ » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:40 pm

buglemcdougle wrote:I have ported my number from a Virgin Mobile plan to an Exetel plan.

My Virgin SIM stopped working this afternoon, so I inserted the Exetel SIM in my iPhone. It registered, & got signal, but I was unable to make calls or txt or use the data.

I used http://www.unlockit.co.nz to set the APN to YESINTERNET, but it has made no difference. After several restarts, I can know make calls, but still can't txt, iMessage only works when I'm connected to wifi, but standard messaging does not work at all.

Please help! I need my phone for work tomorrow...
Hi,

I will look in to this and update you soon.
To Log a fault ticket, please click click here or alternatively call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)

=================
Exetel Support Portal
=================

buglemcdougle

Post by buglemcdougle » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:16 pm

The service is now working thank-you.

One final question, does Exetel support call waiting? I had call waiting enabled with Virgin Mobile, & used the feature.

stevecJ
Forum Admin

Post by stevecJ » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:09 pm

buglemcdougle wrote:The service is now working thank-you.
Great to hear that it's all good now. :)
One final question, does Exetel support call waiting? I had call waiting enabled with Virgin Mobile, & used the feature.
Call waiting can be enabled on your service. Please let me know if you would like to have this activated.
To Log a fault ticket, please click click here or alternatively call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)

=================
Exetel Support Portal
=================

buglemcdougle

Post by buglemcdougle » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:19 pm

Yes please.

stevecJ
Forum Admin

Post by stevecJ » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:59 pm

buglemcdougle wrote:Yes please.
Hi,

I have requested this from the supplier and I will get back to you once I get an update from them.

=================
Exetel Support Portal
=================