Complicated Plan Changes

Mobile phone plans, SIM card activation and porting issue
rainless

Complicated Plan Changes

Post by rainless » Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:22 pm

Currently, all my phone/internet services are provided by Exetel.

For ADSL, I'm on the old OCV200/19 plan which includes a $19 Mobile BB components (Plan name: CAP-BUNDLE 19) and home phone, as well.
For mobile I'm on CAP19.

All plans are currently out of contract.

I'm wondering if I switch ADSL plan to OFP3, can I have the mobile BB plan converted to M8 without inccuring any additional charges (i.e plan change fee, etc.)?

Also, for the mobile phone plan, that's the CAP19, is it possible to waive the plan change fee as it does not make any sence. Let's say, if I switch to other providers and then switch back I will manage to keep my number and be able to get the M8 plan anyway. (Or am I right?)

Can the experts provide any thoughts on this?

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: Complicated Plan Changes

Post by CoreyPlover » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:05 pm

rainless wrote:I'm wondering if I switch ADSL plan to OFP3, can I have the mobile BB plan converted to M8 without inccuring any additional charges (i.e plan change fee, etc.)?

Also, for the mobile phone plan, that's the CAP19, is it possible to waive the plan change fee as it does not make any sence. Let's say, if I switch to other providers and then switch back I will manage to keep my number and be able to get the M8 plan anyway. (Or am I right?)
I doubt it. If you switch to other providers, you will either incur a plan change fee, or a contract extension (which will naturally prevent you from porting back). From yours and Exetel's perspective, these plan change fees are incurred in order to prevent the commencement of a new contract.
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

rainless

Post by rainless » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:02 am

CoreyPlover wrote: I doubt it. If you switch to other providers, you will either incur a plan change fee, or a contract extension (which will naturally prevent you from porting back). From yours and Exetel's perspective, these plan change fees are incurred in order to prevent the commencement of a new contract.
Thank you for your reply. But my mobile plan is out of contract. (Contract Period: No Additional Term) So presumably I could terminate the service without any penalty, couldn't I?

And for my first question re the ADSL plan, does anyone know if it is possible?

remosha
Exetel Staff

Post by remosha » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:05 pm

rainless wrote:Currently, all my phone/internet services are provided by Exetel.

For ADSL, I'm on the old OCV200/19 plan which includes a $19 Mobile BB components (Plan name: CAP-BUNDLE 19) and home phone, as well.
For mobile I'm on CAP19.

All plans are currently out of contract.

I'm wondering if I switch ADSL plan to OFP3, can I have the mobile BB plan converted to M8 without inccuring any additional charges (i.e plan change fee, etc.)?

Can the experts provide any thoughts on this?
I'll get in touch with you tomorrow to sort this out for you.

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:36 pm

rainless wrote:Thank you for your reply. But my mobile plan is out of contract. (Contract Period: No Additional Term) So presumably I could terminate the service without any penalty, couldn't I?
Ah, I see.

Exetel's M8 current plan has no contract, and no service activation cost. So you are correct in that you can effectively switch to a new plan without cost, therefore the "Change Service" path ought to reflect this too. This anomaly likely has something to do with how Optus counts "new connections" and some sort of wholesale rebate / commission embedded into the pricing plans that Exetel therefore offer.

Regardless, Remosha will contact you directly to sort this out.
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

rainless

Post by rainless » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:51 pm

CoreyPlover wrote:
rainless wrote:Thank you for your reply. But my mobile plan is out of contract. (Contract Period: No Additional Term) So presumably I could terminate the service without any penalty, couldn't I?
Ah, I see.

Exetel's M8 current plan has no contract, and no service activation cost. So you are correct in that you can effectively switch to a new plan without cost, therefore the "Change Service" path ought to reflect this too. This anomaly likely has something to do with how Optus counts "new connections" and some sort of wholesale rebate / commission embedded into the pricing plans that Exetel therefore offer.

Regardless, Remosha will contact you directly to sort this out.
Thank you very much for your reply. It is very infomative.