Can't port from Exetel Z8 to Lycamobile prepaid

Mobile phone plans, SIM card activation and porting issue
fishsoup

Can't port from Exetel Z8 to Lycamobile prepaid

Post by fishsoup » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:28 pm

After five attempts to port from Exetel's Z8 to Lycamobile prepaid I have concluded it is not possible.
Attempt 1: I entered the wrong Exetel account number on Lycamobiles website - my fault
I phoned Exetel provisioning and was provided with a 5 digit account number.
Attempt 2: The Lycamobile operator used my date of birth to port as the 5 digit account number Exetel gave me could not be entered as it apparently wasn't long enough? - failed
I phoned Exetel provisioning to confirm they had my DOB correct, yes they did.
Attempt 3: The Lycamobile operator again used my date of birth - failed
I phoned Exetel provisioning to ask if they had a longer account number, perhaps an Optus one and they suggested I try a 10 digit one they found somewhere.
Attempt 4: The Lycamobile operator used this 10 digit account number - failed
I phoned Exetel provisioning and asked what to do. They checked the previous port attempts and said the DOB fields just showed zero's and that others porting from Exetel to the Telstra provided networks successfully use the 5 digit Exetel account number.
Attempt 5: The Lycamobile operator again tried to enter the 5 digit account number but their system again would not allow it, my DOB was again entered and guess what? - failed

The fact all this has to occur during business hours (many of us need to work) and for each call to Exetel and Lycamobile one has to wait up to 15 min. adds to the adventure.
I'm stuck between Mumbai and Colombo and I think I'm about to choose a different ocean to swim in. :evil:

fishsoup

Re: Can't port from Exetel Z8 to Lycamobile prepaid

Post by fishsoup » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:36 pm

I just posted the above message to Lycamobile support.

shoner
Forum Admin

Re: Can't port from Exetel Z8 to Lycamobile prepaid

Post by shoner » Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:06 pm

fishsoup wrote:After five attempts to port from Exetel's Z8 to Lycamobile prepaid I have concluded it is not possible.
Attempt 1: I entered the wrong Exetel account number on Lycamobiles website - my fault
I phoned Exetel provisioning and was provided with a 5 digit account number.
Attempt 2: The Lycamobile operator used my date of birth to port as the 5 digit account number Exetel gave me could not be entered as it apparently wasn't long enough? - failed
I phoned Exetel provisioning to confirm they had my DOB correct, yes they did.
Attempt 3: The Lycamobile operator again used my date of birth - failed
I phoned Exetel provisioning to ask if they had a longer account number, perhaps an Optus one and they suggested I try a 10 digit one they found somewhere.
Attempt 4: The Lycamobile operator used this 10 digit account number - failed
I phoned Exetel provisioning and asked what to do. They checked the previous port attempts and said the DOB fields just showed zero's and that others porting from Exetel to the Telstra provided networks successfully use the 5 digit Exetel account number.
Attempt 5: The Lycamobile operator again tried to enter the 5 digit account number but their system again would not allow it, my DOB was again entered and guess what? - failed

The fact all this has to occur during business hours (many of us need to work) and for each call to Exetel and Lycamobile one has to wait up to 15 min. adds to the adventure.
I'm stuck between Mumbai and Colombo and I think I'm about to choose a different ocean to swim in. :evil:
We will check this with our provisioning team. We will be able to give you a response by Monday.
"Helping Making a Better World"

Log a fault ticket Here
or call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)
Exetel Support Portal