Need to activate SMS function?

Mobile phone plans, SIM card activation and porting issue
keygrow

Need to activate SMS function?

Post by keygrow » Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:22 pm

Earlier this week, I received a replacement SIM for my mobile which was activated by provisioning, following a telephone call.

Unfortunately, there are still a couple of problems.
1. Although I can successfully send and receive mobile telephone calls, any attempt to send an outgoing SMS text generates a "Message sending failed " error message.
2. Similarly, the mobile does not receive texts which have been sent from another mobile.
During various tests the telephone's reception strength and battery indicators showed maximum strength (5 bars) and I have tested the SIM card in a second mobile handset with identical results.

I emailed provisioning yesterday and today but have not received a reply. Normally, it would not be such an urgent issue but as my bank accounts require an SMS confirmation this is becoming a pressing problem!

Could someone indicate what should be the next course of action, please?

Many thanks

stevecJ
Forum Admin

Re: Need to activate SMS function?

Post by stevecJ » Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:40 pm

keygrow wrote:Earlier this week, I received a replacement SIM for my mobile which was activated by provisioning, following a telephone call.

Unfortunately, there are still a couple of problems.
1. Although I can successfully send and receive mobile telephone calls, any attempt to send an outgoing SMS text generates a "Message sending failed " error message.
2. Similarly, the mobile does not receive texts which have been sent from another mobile.
During various tests the telephone's reception strength and battery indicators showed maximum strength (5 bars) and I have tested the SIM card in a second mobile handset with identical results.

I emailed provisioning yesterday and today but have not received a reply. Normally, it would not be such an urgent issue but as my bank accounts require an SMS confirmation this is becoming a pressing problem!

Could someone indicate what should be the next course of action, please?

Many thanks
HI,

I have prompted the provisioning team to look in to your email ticket (5748464) and update you soon.
To Log a fault ticket, please click click here or alternatively call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)

=================
Exetel Support Portal
=================

keygrow

Post by keygrow » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:24 am

Thanks for your response, Steve.
Unfortunately, I still have not received any update on this issue.
As in the past I have found the Exetel support team very responsive in the rare times I have had any problems, can you clarify whether I have raised a particularly complex issue or whether you are waiting on Optus or another third party?
Any feedback would be welcome,
Regards

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:50 am

keygrow wrote:Thanks for your response, Steve.
Unfortunately, I still have not received any update on this issue.
As in the past I have found the Exetel support team very responsive in the rare times I have had any problems, can you clarify whether I have raised a particularly complex issue or whether you are waiting on Optus or another third party?
Any feedback would be welcome,
Regards
As informed early the ticket 5748464 is currently with the provisioning department as it is not with the support department which need to check according to the activation end. I will ask them to check and update you immediately as the ticket is now already assigned and they are currently working on that.