Voicemail "Activated" but it isn't

Mobile phone plans, SIM card activation and porting issue
Yuri

Voicemail "Activated" but it isn't

Post by Yuri » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:24 am

We've successfully ported our phone numbers over to Exetel and we thought we'd set up our Voicemail (recording our name, message and "activating" our voicemails). However, whenever someone calls us and the phone is unanswered, the Optus lady answers with "the number you've called is unavailable, leave 10 second message and it'll be sent as SMS".

How do we really activate our voicemail?

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: Voicemail "Activated" but it isn't

Post by Dazzled » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:37 am

For the Optus bundled phone, does this help? http://www.exetel.com.au/a_adsl2_features.php. Post again if that's not what you need.

Yuri

Post by Yuri » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:27 pm

Sorry, perhaps I should have said MOBILE phone numbers, but as I was posting in the Mobile Services section, I thought that was redundant.

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:41 pm

Yuri wrote:Sorry, perhaps I should have said MOBILE phone numbers, but as I was posting in the Mobile Services section, I thought that was redundant.

Hi Yuri,

In order to activate the Voice mail option please follow the following instructions.

1. Login to your members facilities in http://www.exetel.com.au/ using your mobile members facilities username and passwords.

2. From there select Mobile/Mobile broadband.

3. Under that select Value added services.

4. Then select the exact mobile service number and proceed further.

5. Finally select the voice mail option and confirm. Below in the same page will indicate all the information about the voice mail function.

Set up using a mobile handset
----------------------------------------
Use the mobile handsets menu system to activate or cancel call diversion or dial the codes below instead:

There are four call divert codes:

67 Divert calls when “Busy” (on another call)
61 Divert calls when “No Answer” (i.e. didn’t hear mobile ring)
62 Divert calls when “Unreachable” (i.e. mobile turned off)
21 Divert “All calls” (i.e. when roaming overseas)

To activate:

Press [ * ][ * ] Call divert code [ * ][ 3 ][ 2 ][ 1 ][ # ][ Send / Call ]

For example, to set a diversion when busy: * * 6 7 * 3 2 1 # Send

To cancel:
Press [ # ][ # ] Call divert code [ # ][ Send / Call ]

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Dazzled » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:45 pm

Sorry Yuri. KavindaS has posted the method above. For a fuller discussion see http://exewiki.exetel.com.au/index.php? ... bile_Optus

Yuri

Post by Yuri » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:08 pm

Thanks Dazzled and Kavindas.

When the mobiles were activated on Exetel, an SMS appeared with a pin to use for voicemail. We followed the instructions once we dialled 321 and from memory, pressed "4" and the Optus voice-lady told us the service was activated (we've had Optus mobiles for about 10-12 years so the procedure wasn't alien to us). However, it appears that with Exetel as reseller, there's an extra series of steps involved as KavindaS has outlined. I've now performed those procedures on both numbers and have received confirmation by email that one of the numbers is pending voicemail activation. Hopefully the second number will also be activated soon.

Yuri

Post by Yuri » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:12 pm

A suggestion, if I may.....

Perhaps KavindaS's explanation (clear and concise as it is) could be added to the standard "Completion of your Mobile Service - 04nnnnnnnn)" email when a new mobile service is activated.

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:29 pm

Yuri wrote:A suggestion, if I may.....

Perhaps KavindaS's explanation (clear and concise as it is) could be added to the standard "Completion of your Mobile Service - 04nnnnnnnn)" email when a new mobile service is activated.
Hi Yuri,

Thanks to the suggestion :D . As you said since you are connecting to the Optus network through Exetel you need to perform those procedures in order to activate such value added services.