4G

Mobile phone plans, SIM card activation and porting issue
pittsy

Re: 4G

Post by pittsy » Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:41 pm

Ok, so I now see some additions to the members area change mobile plan page, but it's not what I expected.....
the 4g plans offered are business plans ( no residential 4g plans for existing users?) and there is still no option to order a micro sim?

I'm trying to be a loyal exetel customer here guys but you don't seem to be making it easy.......

As stated before i have an exetel 3g plan on an old 3g handset. I want to move to a 4g plan on a new 4g handset, (which will require a micro Sim), and keep my number. How do I do it?

perhaps I should just order a "new" mobile service and request to port my number from exetel to exetel?

(or port my number back to optus in frustration, as I am using a month to month 4g sim from optus to experience 4g whilst waiting for the exetel 4g plans.....but its co$ting me.......)

:(
Cecil

Venurukshi
Exetel Staff

Post by Venurukshi » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:46 pm

pittsy wrote:Ok, so I now see some additions to the members area change mobile plan page, but it's not what I expected.....
the 4g plans offered are business plans ( no residential 4g plans for existing users?) and there is still no option to order a micro sim?

I'm trying to be a loyal exetel customer here guys but you don't seem to be making it easy.......

As stated before i have an exetel 3g plan on an old 3g handset. I want to move to a 4g plan on a new 4g handset, (which will require a micro Sim), and keep my number. How do I do it?

perhaps I should just order a "new" mobile service and request to port my number from exetel to exetel?

(or port my number back to optus in frustration, as I am using a month to month 4g sim from optus to experience 4g whilst waiting for the exetel 4g plans.....but its co$ting me.......)

:(
Please send an email to residentialsales@exetel.com.au (quoting this forum post) with the mobile number and the preferred 4g plan you wish to change over to.

Lawrie

Post by Lawrie » Wed May 01, 2013 10:39 am

James wrote:3G will be offered for years to come.
yes James but by removing the 3G only plans, people who live outside Sydney, or Newcastle (in NSW) will have to pay 4G prices to get 3G services on the new post May1 plans.

Lawrie

Venurukshi
Exetel Staff

Post by Venurukshi » Wed May 01, 2013 1:28 pm

Lawrie wrote:
yes James but by removing the 3G only plans, people who live outside Sydney, or Newcastle (in NSW) will have to pay 4G prices to get 3G services on the new post May1 plans.

Lawrie
Hi Lawrie,

Yes. The new plans do not differentiate as 3G or 4G. We currently have one set of plans which support both networks. If you are in an area where 4G network is still not serviceable, you will be able to use 3G network coverage until 4G becomes available and service gets upgraded for you. This way you can ensure continued service without any interruption.

Lawrie

Post by Lawrie » Wed May 01, 2013 4:59 pm

Venurukshi wrote:
Lawrie wrote:

Lawrie
Hi Lawrie,

Yes. The new plans do not differentiate as 3G or 4G. We currently have one set of plans which support both networks. If you are in an area where 4G network is still not serviceable, you will be able to use 3G network coverage until 4G becomes available and service gets upgraded for you. This way you can ensure continued service without any interruption.
My point is that the 4G mobile service is MUCH more expensive but most of Australia (physically - not population) cant yet get any Optus 4G services. So yes anyone can still buy your Optus mobile service but they are not getting the value for money that comes with it, compared to the previous 3G service.
I would be interested to see how your mobile phone orders go in the Non-Capital Cities now that the 3G plans are no longer available.
Lawrie.

remosha
Exetel Staff

Post by remosha » Thu May 02, 2013 7:26 pm

Hi Lawrie,

This is not an opinion that we do not necessarily share, however there is there is the restriction as to what is available to Exetel by the Access Provider.

In the scenario where a change at the Wholesale Level removes the ability for Exetel to continue an offering, the only option for us is to make the new offering as competitive as possible.

We always aim to offer you the best value proposition, inclusive of price, performance, function and overall customer experience, and we will continue to do so in the constantly evolving telecommunications environment.

The most important aspect around this change being that any existing services have not been impacted by this change in the market.

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Thu May 02, 2013 10:17 pm

Lawrie wrote:

Lawrie

3G and 4G cost us the same now from a wholesale perspective.

Lawrie

Post by Lawrie » Tue May 14, 2013 4:45 pm

James wrote:
Lawrie wrote:

Lawrie

3G and 4G cost us the same now from a wholesale perspective.
I was trying to get a colleague to sign up for a new Exetel mobile service but now that the price has gone from approx. $18 to $40 for the medium plan, and seeing that there is no 4G service in Wollongong, they will not be going ahead with the plan.
I would be interested in seeing how many new mobile services have been sold this month outside of the 4G service areas.

Lawrie

Lawrie

Post by Lawrie » Wed May 15, 2013 12:24 pm

Lawrie wrote:I was trying to get a colleague to sign up for a new Exetel mobile service but now that the price has gone from approx. $18 to $40 for the medium plan, and seeing that there is no 4G service in Wollongong, they will not be going ahead with the plan.
I would be interested in seeing how many new mobile services have been sold this month outside of the 4G service areas.

Lawrie
I have now advised them to look at the TPG website as they are still selling the cheaper Optus services ($9.99, $17.99)
I am not happy to be sending people away from Exetel, but it is all about price.........

Lawrie

ohagas

Post by ohagas » Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:43 pm

If I get a new 4G handset will it automatically pick up 4G (where available) if I'm on the older M15 plan?

Mandy
Exetel Staff

Post by Mandy » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:34 pm

ohagas wrote:If I get a new 4G handset will it automatically pick up 4G (where available) if I'm on the older M15 plan?
Hi Lawrie,

In order for you to receive 4G coverage you will need to upgrade your M15 mobile plan to one of the existing 4G plans that we offer.

thomashouseman

Post by thomashouseman » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:41 am

Mandy wrote:
ohagas wrote:If I get a new 4G handset will it automatically pick up 4G (where available) if I'm on the older M15 plan?
Hi Lawrie,

In order for you to receive 4G coverage you will need to upgrade your M15 mobile plan to one of the existing 4G plans that we offer.

That was ohagas that asked, not Lawrie. Lawrie I'm pretty sure is one of the many users disgruntled at Exetels terrible negotiation skills with Optus. A few years ago you were giving away a FREE mobile broadband service with every Exetel ADSL connection or charging a very small $5 fee if you didn't have ADSL. Now it's $15.95 minimum.

Lawrie

Post by Lawrie » Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:23 pm

thomashouseman wrote: Lawrie I'm pretty sure is one of the many users disgruntled at Exetels terrible negotiation skills with Optus.
Yes Thomas - you have hit the nail on the head!!!!

Lawrie

Post by Lawrie » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:35 pm

Yipeee !!

Optus has rolled out 4G to some parts of Wollongong and the Illawarra Region..........
can you please advise do the 4G plans have the same Data exclusions as the old 3G plans with respect to traffic to Social media sites like Facebook being free?

Lawrie

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:16 pm

Lawrie wrote:Yipeee !!

Optus has rolled out 4G to some parts of Wollongong and the Illawarra Region..........
can you please advise do the 4G plans have the same Data exclusions as the old 3G plans with respect to traffic to Social media sites like Facebook being free?

Lawrie
There is no free traffic with the current 4G plans.