Sim changeover

Mobile phone plans, SIM card activation and porting issue
Post Reply
PBH888
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:57 pm
Location: Sydney

Sim changeover

Post by PBH888 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:34 pm

I'm upgrading to an iPhone5 which requires a nano sim. If I order a nano sim will it affect my current normal sim and mobile phone service? Will I be able to move between the old and new phones while I set up the new phone? I assume I can't have both powered on at the same time if they have the same phone number.

Thanks,
Philip

James
Exetel Staff
Posts: 2020
Joined: Mon May 09, 2005 10:27 pm

Re: Sim changeover

Post by James » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:16 pm

You would order a nano sim from your members area, and when you wanted to change it over, you would just elect that change to happen from your members area.

Should only be 30 or so minutes.

Ditman1
Posts: 81
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2005 1:52 pm
Location: Perth

Re: Sim changeover

Post by Ditman1 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:18 pm

Hi

Received a new micro sim today and went to where the letter told me and it said i hadn't ordered a new sim.

I tried to call provishioning and it was closed at 21:12 and the letter said it is open till 21:30. How can i activate this sim quickly ?

Thanks

Lawrie

udara
Exetel Staff
Posts: 362
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:06 am

Re: Sim changeover

Post by udara » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:55 pm

Ditman1 wrote:Hi

Received a new micro sim today and went to where the letter told me and it said i hadn't ordered a new sim.

I tried to call provishioning and it was closed at 21:12 and the letter said it is open till 21:30. How can i activate this sim quickly ?

Thanks

Lawrie
Would you please be able to PM me your Mobile service number :)
To Log a fault ticket, please click Here or alternatively call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)

==============
Exetel Support Portal
==============

Ditman1
Posts: 81
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2005 1:52 pm
Location: Perth

Re: Sim changeover

Post by Ditman1 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:59 pm

Sorry Udara my son had not copied contacts so had to wait till the weekend.

He has finally done it and I went to call the provisioning line and it is closed again.

The letter says they are open Saturday and Sunday 1:30 pm to 9:30 time and I assume AEST the current time would be 8 pm AEST as I am in Perth.

Why do they put these times on letters if they are not true. Now I have to wait till tomorrow but I bet anything you like youre open 8 till 12 or something like that.

Can anyone do this for me now ?

Thanks.

asankag

Re: Sim changeover

Post by asankag » Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:27 pm

Ditman1 wrote:Sorry Udara my son had not copied contacts so had to wait till the weekend.

He has finally done it and I went to call the provisioning line and it is closed again.

The letter says they are open Saturday and Sunday 1:30 pm to 9:30 time and I assume AEST the current time would be 8 pm AEST as I am in Perth.

Why do they put these times on letters if they are not true. Now I have to wait till tomorrow but I bet anything you like youre open 8 till 12 or something like that.

Can anyone do this for me now ?

Thanks.

Hi,

Could you PM me the mobile number and the SIM card number that is on the new SIM card so that I can have a look and get your SIM activated.

asankag

Re: Sim changeover

Post by asankag » Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:12 pm

Hi,

Received your PM. I've activated your new SIM card :D . Please proceed with the instructions on the PM I have sent you.

Ditman1
Posts: 81
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2005 1:52 pm
Location: Perth

Re: Sim changeover

Post by Ditman1 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:33 pm

asankag wrote:Hi,

Received your PM. I've activated your new SIM card :D . Please proceed with the instructions on the PM I have sent you.
Thanks and youre the best I really do appreciate it.

Lawrie

asankag

Re: Sim changeover

Post by asankag » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:41 pm

Ditman1 wrote:
asankag wrote:Hi,

Received your PM. I've activated your new SIM card :D . Please proceed with the instructions on the PM I have sent you.
Thanks and youre the best I really do appreciate it.

Lawrie
Hi Lawrie,

Thanks for letting us know that everything is working. Glad to be of assistance to you. :D

Post Reply