OPTUS Account Number

Mobile phone plans, SIM card activation and porting issue
lefty

OPTUS Account Number

Post by lefty » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:56 am

Support,

I wish to port my mobile number to a different provider. Where do I find the OPTUS account number associated with my mobile number on the M!5 plan. The new provider requires this to do the port.

As a comment I've looked everywhere. The logical place would be on the mobile monthly bills.

NIrmitha
Exetel Staff

Re: OPTUS Account Number

Post by NIrmitha » Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:54 pm

Dear lefty,

I have sent a separate email to your nominated email address containing your account details. :)

Please reply us if you have any issues.

apat

Post by apat » Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:30 pm

Hello,
I have tried porting to Kogan mobile using the account number listed in the Exetel user facilities, but this is apparently incorrect, as the transfer has failed.
Can I also please have my account details emailed to me?
Thank you for your assistance.

NIrmitha
Exetel Staff

Post by NIrmitha » Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:38 pm

Hello apat,

A separate email containing your details has been sent to you.

Please reply us if you have any issues :)

apat

Post by apat » Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:44 pm

Thank you NIrmitha. I got the email and have resubmitted the port request. Hopefully it goes through this time.

apat

Post by apat » Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:13 pm

apat wrote:... Hopefully it goes through this time.
Unfortunately my application got rejected again using the account number you sent me. I've opened a support ticket to hopefully find out what is going on. Thanks for trying to help though.

NIrmitha
Exetel Staff

Post by NIrmitha » Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:31 pm

Hi apat,

I will forward your ticket to our provisioning department. They will provide you with the requested information and assist you further.

We do apologise for the inconvenience caused.

Tom B

Post by Tom B » Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:42 pm

I am also trying to port my wife's number across due to no optus service at her work.

The number is currently on her fathers Exetel account. So when trying to port his DOB has been entered.

Her father has called Exetel and they provided a 5 digit account number which we have used.

So far the two port attempts have failed.

If anyone is able to get a port through, could they please post here what details were needed for the port to be successful.

Need2No

Post by Need2No » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:49 pm

Tom B wrote:I am also trying to port my wife's number across due to no optus service at her work.

The number is currently on her fathers Exetel account. So when trying to port his DOB has been entered.

Her father has called Exetel and they provided a 5 digit account number which we have used.
When I ported my mobile from Exetel to Telstra last year, I used my date of birth. I was also the account holder, which I believe makes a difference.

Regards

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:05 pm

Tom B wrote:I am also trying to port my wife's number across due to no optus service at her work.

So far the two port attempts have failed.

If anyone is able to get a port through, could they please post here what details were needed for the port to be successful.
for more information it is better that you email provisioning@exetel.com.au or contact them directly on 0280301000 during the business hours from Monday to Friday. :)

Tom B

Post by Tom B » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:54 pm

KavindaS wrote: for more information it is better that you email provisioning@exetel.com.au or contact them directly on 0280301000 during the business hours from Monday to Friday. :)

We are still unable to port the number across, called provisioning several times, found out that the date of birth on the account was wrong, this was corrected, tried re submitting the request several times over now and still nothing.

We have created a support ticket throught the helpdesk (6049965).

If someone could actually tell us why the port is failing once the request reaches exetel it would be great.

stevecJ
Forum Admin

Post by stevecJ » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:28 pm

Tom B wrote:
We are still unable to port the number across, called provisioning several times, found out that the date of birth on the account was wrong, this was corrected, tried re submitting the request several times over now and still nothing.

We have created a support ticket throught the helpdesk (6049965).

If someone could actually tell us why the port is failing once the request reaches exetel it would be great.
Hi ,

I have forwarded this ticket to the provisioning Team Leader and he will check on this and get back to you soon.
To Log a fault ticket, please click click here or alternatively call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)

=================
Exetel Support Portal
=================

Tom B

Post by Tom B » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:26 am

stevecJ wrote:
Hi ,

I have forwarded this ticket to the provisioning Team Leader and he will check on this and get back to you soon.

Thankyou

nottyg

Post by nottyg » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:31 am

I require my Optus account number to be able to port my mobile service to another provider. I sent an email on 3/3 @ 4.23 pm - no reply to date. Also lodged a ticket (number 6253990) on 4/3 @ 10.09 pm - still no reply.

Can you please forward my Optuse Account Number for my mobile service.

shoner

Post by shoner » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:37 am

nottyg wrote:I require my Optus account number to be able to port my mobile service to another provider. I sent an email on 3/3 @ 4.23 pm - no reply to date. Also lodged a ticket (number 6253990) on 4/3 @ 10.09 pm - still no reply.

Can you please forward my Optuse Account Number for my mobile service.
We apologies for the delay. I have replied back to your ticket with the details.
"Helping Making a Better World"

Log a fault ticket Here
or call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)
Exetel Support Portal