Data accounting anomily

Mobile phone plans, SIM card activation and porting issue
neilbrown

Data accounting anomily

Post by neilbrown » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:06 am

I've been using the data service on two of my mobile phones quite a lot more than normal this month.
So I've been checking the usage on the exetel member's page to be sure I don't go over the included limit.
However the accounting looks confused.

There are two separate totals - "Data Usage" and "Real time usage since ....". This makes sense.

The real time usage looks correct but only covers that last 2 or 3 days.

The "Data Usage" is stuck at zero - for one phone - or at the total usage as of the 8th of December - on the other phone.
So it looks like this value hasn't been updated since earlier in the month - at least a week ago and probably more.

So either:
1/ My current usage is simply not being counted at all due to some fault somewhere, so I won't be charged for this. This would be convenient, but seems unlikely.
2/ My current usage is being recorded, and if I go over my limit I will be charged, but the usage is not being displayed in the members area, so I cannot easily manage my usage (my phone doesn't track the usage itself). This seems the more likely but is quite inconvenient as I cannot be sure how close to my limit I am.

Could someone from exetel clarify which of the above is the case (or maybe there is a third option), or possibly fix the accounting so that I can really see how much I have used - either by updating the Data Usage, or including the whole month in the "Real time usage".

Thanks.

ShaminG
Exetel Staff

Re: Data accounting anomily

Post by ShaminG » Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:21 pm

So it looks like this value hasn't been updated since earlier in the month - at least a week ago and probably more.
We have already received several inquires on this and matter has already been escalated with our development team. Could you please PM me your mobile number so I could update you with further information.

ShaminG
Exetel Staff

Re: Data accounting anomily

Post by ShaminG » Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:36 pm

Thanks for sending me the details. Our development team is currently working on your matter (support ticket reference 5990737).

Once the issue is fixed we will let you know.