Porting from Virgin - No Data - Calls Ok

Mobile phone plans, SIM card activation and porting issue
tommcm1200

Porting from Virgin - No Data - Calls Ok

Post by tommcm1200 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:58 am

Hi All,

Recently have ported my mobile across from another Optus carrier to Extel M15 plan. I can make and receive calls ok but I am getting no luck in data (can't SMS , no Internet). I have used the www.unlockit.co.nz to ensure the APN is set correctly and also reset my Network settings on the device but still no good.

Wondering if there could be a problem with my account as my Extel logon page still suggests that my number is still not activated?

Cheers,
Tom

stevecJ
Forum Admin

Re: Porting from Virgin - No Data - Calls Ok

Post by stevecJ » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:20 am

tommcm1200 wrote:Hi All,

Recently have ported my mobile across from another Optus carrier to Extel M15 plan. I can make and receive calls ok but I am getting no luck in data (can't SMS , no Internet). I have used the http://www.unlockit.co.nz to ensure the APN is set correctly and also reset my Network settings on the device but still no good.

Wondering if there could be a problem with my account as my Extel logon page still suggests that my number is still not activated?

Cheers,
Tom
Hi Tom,

Could you please drop an email to residentialsupport@exetel.com.au with your mobile number and the model of the mobile, so we could look in to this for you :?:
To Log a fault ticket, please click click here or alternatively call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)

=================
Exetel Support Portal
=================

Brooksy

Re: Porting from Virgin - No Data - Calls Ok

Post by Brooksy » Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:12 am

Sometimes things go wrong. I had a similar problem when I ordered an exchange nano-sim.

viewtopic.php?f=59&t=39858

Turned out to be a problem from Optus...... Apparently some weird sh*t, but got it sorted......