Samsung Galaxy Ace problems with exetel

Mobile phone plans, SIM card activation and porting issue
drewey10

Samsung Galaxy Ace problems with exetel

Post by drewey10 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:13 pm

I have just bought a new unlocked Galaxy ACE, put in our Sim from Exetel & when the phone turns on it asks us to select a sim service, Virgin mobile or Yes Optus.

We have called Exetel & what they have asked us to do does not work.

We just want to use the Exetel phone connection & internet that comes with the sim.

Any advice as to how to set this up properly would be appreciated.

I did once get an exess usage bill for using the optus network with this Sim in my galaxy Tab, the help line fixed that, but I want to avoid excess charges again.

udara
Exetel Staff

Re: Samsung Galaxy Ace problems with exetel

Post by udara » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:59 pm

drewey10 wrote:I have just bought a new unlocked Galaxy ACE, put in our Sim from Exetel & when the phone turns on it asks us to select a sim service, Virgin mobile or Yes Optus.

We have called Exetel & what they have asked us to do does not work.

We just want to use the Exetel phone connection & internet that comes with the sim.

Any advice as to how to set this up properly would be appreciated.

I did once get an exess usage bill for using the optus network with this Sim in my galaxy Tab, the help line fixed that, but I want to avoid excess charges again.
Would you please be able to PM me your mobile service number , so that i can look into this :)
To Log a fault ticket, please click Here or alternatively call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)

==============
Exetel Support Portal
==============