Calling AU from the US

Mobile phone plans, SIM card activation and porting issue
Yuri

Calling AU from the US

Post by Yuri » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:01 am

I can see a list of international rates for mobile use, eg US 29c per minute, but I guess that's AU->US.
Where can I find how much it's going to cost me to use my Exetel-sim equipped mobile phone in the US to call and text both US and AU numbers.
Do 1-800 numbers in the US cost me if I'm in the US?
(can't get to a t-mobile shop for a couple of days!)

EDIT: I do like the Exetel system of turning on int'l roaming for a defined period and it automatically turns off data at the same time; while I knew to turn data off before I left AU, this will save some people from expensive phone bills. Good one, Exetel.

saadbafik
Exetel Staff

Re: Calling AU from the US

Post by saadbafik » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:52 am

Yuri wrote:I can see a list of international rates for mobile use, eg US 29c per minute, but I guess that's AU->US.
Where can I find how much it's going to cost me to use my Exetel-sim equipped mobile phone in the US to call and text both US and AU numbers.

EDIT: I do like the Exetel system of turning on int'l roaming for a defined period and it automatically turns off data at the same time; while I knew to turn data off before I left AU, this will save some people from expensive phone bills. Good one, Exetel.
Hi,

I have forwarded your inquiry to one of our sales agents, expect a response shortly from them.

Your reference : 6175511

Regards,
Saad B

remosha
Exetel Staff

Post by remosha » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:09 pm

Yuri wrote:I can see a list of international rates for mobile use, eg US 29c per minute, but I guess that's AU->US.

You may find the International Roaming Rates here: http://www.exetel.com.au/international_roaming.php

Yuri

Post by Yuri » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:01 pm

Thanks Remosha, exactly what I wanted.

I did look for this page but couldn't find it from any menu due to an incorrect link on the http://www.exetel.com.au/mobile_faq.php page.
I've posted a message in the Please Use This Thread To Advise Exetel Of Typos/Errors thread.