Data blocking?

Mobile phone plans, SIM card activation and porting issue
boydie63

Data blocking?

Post by boydie63 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:25 pm

I have my plan with exetel and with the exception of 90c a minute to call a 1300 number which not included in the plan :evil: i have no other problems.My query is that i would like to get a plan for my son and 1 gig of data should be enough is there anyway to block data over this limit so i do not receive a nasty shock on the bill as 50c per mgb could really add up,many thanks for any help given.

shoner

Re: Data blocking?

Post by shoner » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:10 pm

boydie63 wrote:I have my plan with exetel and with the exception of 90c a minute to call a 1300 number which not included in the plan :evil: i have no other problems.My query is that i would like to get a plan for my son and 1 gig of data should be enough is there anyway to block data over this limit so i do not receive a nasty shock on the bill as 50c per mgb could really add up,many thanks for any help given.
I will get a sale consultant to respond to you
"Helping Making a Better World"

Log a fault ticket Here
or call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)
Exetel Support Portal

remosha
Exetel Staff

Post by remosha » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:23 pm

boydie63 wrote:I have my plan with exetel and with the exception of 90c a minute to call a 1300 number which not included in the plan :evil: i have no other problems.My query is that i would like to get a plan for my son and 1 gig of data should be enough is there anyway to block data over this limit so i do not receive a nasty shock on the bill as 50c per mgb could really add up,many thanks for any help given.
We currently do not offer any plans that blocks data after a set limit. These are the Mobile Broadband plans we currently offer :http://www.exetel.com.au/residential-hspa-pricing.php

boydie63

Post by boydie63 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:45 pm

Thankyou for your quick response.Those seemed to be mostly mobile broadband i am inquiring about mobile phone and as you can block international calls on some providers i thought you maybe able to cut off data after reaching a customers set request?

Venurukshi
Exetel Staff

Post by Venurukshi » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:07 pm

boydie63 wrote:Thankyou for your quick response.Those seemed to be mostly mobile broadband i am inquiring about mobile phone and as you can block international calls on some providers i thought you maybe able to cut off data after reaching a customers set request?
Unfortunately, we are unable to block data usage. If you go over the limit you will get charged the excess usage charges. However you could monitor this through your member facility usage meter.