Can not get data service.

Mobile phone plans, SIM card activation and porting issue
robin

Can not get data service.

Post by robin » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:56 pm

Hi,

I am current on a cap $19 plan, and have 200MB data per month. Yesterday, I just put my sim card on a new mobile phone, i.e., my old mobile is a samsung, and the new mobile is iphone 4s. After I change the mobile phone, I can not get the data service. It always pops up a menu and says the service was not activated. Can you check it for me ? Thanks.

cheers,

KavindaS
Exetel Staff

Re: Can not get data service.

Post by KavindaS » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:20 pm

robin wrote:Hi,

I am current on a cap $19 plan, and have 200MB data per month. Yesterday, I just put my sim card on a new mobile phone, i.e., my old mobile is a samsung, and the new mobile is iphone 4s. After I change the mobile phone, I can not get the data service. It always pops up a menu and says the service was not activated. Can you check it for me ? Thanks.

cheers,
Hi,

It seems you have activated and deactivated roaming facility. However I could see the data service is not active properly at this stage. I have request this to our provisioning department to check and re activate the data service for you. We will update you as soon as we receive the update by them.

Your Ticket ID: 7121400.

robin

Post by robin » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:26 pm

KavindaS wrote:

cheers,
Hi,

It seems you have activated and deactivated roaming facility. However I could see the data service is not active properly at this stage. I have request this to our provisioning department to check and re activate the data service for you. We will update you as soon as we receive the update by them.

Yes, I visited New Zealand about two weeks ago, and activated and deactivated the roaming during that period. I ordered the activation and deactivation online, and also did received messages to confirm my activation and deactivation.

KavindaS
Exetel Staff

Post by KavindaS » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:31 pm

robin wrote:
KavindaS wrote:

cheers,
Hi,

Yes, I visited New Zealand about two weeks ago, and activated and deactivated the roaming during that period. I ordered the activation and deactivation online, and also did received messages to confirm my activation and deactivation.
Hi,

No issues. I have already moved the ticket to them. We will notify you when the data is re activated.

robin

Post by robin » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:49 pm

thanks a lot for that.

angelos
Exetel Staff

Post by angelos » Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:06 am

Hi Robin,

As mentioned, the data services have been re-enabled. Please power cycle your device and check whether your data is working now. 8)

robin

Post by robin » Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:50 pm

Hi, it works now. Thanks a lot for that.

KavindaS
Exetel Staff

Post by KavindaS » Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:17 pm

robin wrote:Hi, it works now. Thanks a lot for that.
Glad to hear that. :D