You want twice for less?

Mobile phone plans, SIM card activation and porting issue
ShaminG
Exetel Staff

Re: You want twice for less?

Post by ShaminG » Thu May 01, 2014 7:42 pm

It is now gone 6pm on 1st May and my user facilities still show all my mobiles to be on the old plans.
When can I start using the new super 100meg of data that I will be charged $10 for on the exesim basic plan ?
Regards bruceee
I have escalated your inquiry with our sales team. They will advise you further in this regard.

bodogbodog

Post by bodogbodog » Thu May 01, 2014 8:10 pm

My service moved to the ExeSim SAVER ok today and I am being invoiced correctly for it
My ported service to Live Connected is now live with them and that service has been cancelled and not invoiced for May

So mission accomplished in terms of the changes I wanted to achieve

nicoler
Exetel Staff

Post by nicoler » Fri May 02, 2014 2:48 pm

bruceee wrote:It is now gone 6pm on 1st May and my user facilities still show all my mobiles to be on the old plans.
When can I start using the new super 100meg of data that I will be charged $10 for on the exesim basic plan ?
Regards bruceee
Hi Bruce,

The mobile plans have been updated, Please check the “My Exetel” page for plan details. The ExeSIM Basic plan is $14.99 per month.

vbap

Post by vbap » Fri May 02, 2014 3:20 pm

I have a May 1 invoice that shows Z15 for $15.

I would prefer it is left like that and not changed....!

uratul

Post by uratul » Sat May 17, 2014 8:46 am

I managed to port to Telechoice. Much better network with regards to coverage. Much fewer drop outs and black spots. Data is about the same, service was friendly and quick to reach someone in Australia who can understand English. So I may renege on my previous about coming back to Exetel if their mobile plan becomes competitive again.

Word to the wise, Exetel does not show the actual porting account number on the user facilities. You have to ring up which is annoying.
By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Sat May 17, 2014 2:33 pm

uratul wrote:Word to the wise, Exetel does not show the actual porting account number on the user facilities. You have to ring up which is annoying.
Correct. Exetel bills show a "customer number", but the "account number" that you require to port services is not shown on any Exetel bill or correspondence.

In fact, Exetel have recently announced that they are removing the ability to cancel services online, meaning any exit or porting will require customer service intervention (email or phone).

I personally believe this to be a step backwards in transparency and automation. Exetel previously valued both quite highly, but it seems that the managerial styles are now being taken in a very different direction.
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Mon May 19, 2014 2:31 pm

CoreyPlover wrote:
rigs wrote:Anyway, both wife and I are moving from Exetel to Amaysim.
I'm benchmarking Amaysim myself at the moment. The PAYG plan is perfect for low usage calls (12c/minute) and the 365 day expiry data pack seems perfect for me, except for the 1MB billing increments.

Checking amaysim's data counters against my real 3G usage (recorded using 3G watchdog), the 1MB increments aren't hurting me that much. Typical differences might be, say, 15-20MB in a day and billed for 30-35MB. Therefore, I think of this as a kind of "data flagfall" and one that I'm willing to incur (for the time being). It should result in a cost of about $10 to $15 for calls + 1GB data (call it "500MB to reflect reality) with unused data effectively "rolled over" over 12 months. One noticable setting I have on my old Android phone is "Enable always-on mobile data" and I think this tries to keep a single data session open wherever possible.
Further information on the off chance that anyone is interested:
After almost a month, my 3G watchdog is citing about 310MB and the Amaysim usage meter is citing 340MB, so I'm pretty happy that the 1MB data billing increments are not eating away at my quota.
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

Dr Tezza

Post by Dr Tezza » Mon May 19, 2014 8:26 pm

CoreyPlover wrote:...on the off chance that anyone is interested...
Yep. Thanks Corey.

Mixer

Post by Mixer » Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:29 pm

Dr Tezza wrote:
Yep. Thanks Corey.
+1
RAND-NF/20INCTEL-Draytek 2710vn

Dr Tezza

Post by Dr Tezza » Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:49 pm

CoreyPlover wrote:....have recently announced that they are removing the ability to cancel services online, meaning any exit or porting will require customer service intervention (email or phone).....

Thanks CoreyPlover.

Can you please let me know who I email to cancel my ADSL2 and Home Phone with Exetel ?

I ask for a specific/preferred email contact, because the cancellation process for all of my (five) mobile phone accounts has been horrendous despite using the on-line cancellation button AND also following it up with emails to 'billing' for each cancellation - so horrendous that I even got charged for an extra month for TWO mobile accounts because of a "glitch" (I am told).... So, naturally, I'd like the cancellation of ADSL2/Phone to go without any "glitches", if that is in fact in any way possible....

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:05 pm

Dr Tezza wrote:Thanks CoreyPlover.

Can you please let me know who I email to cancel my ADSL2 and Home Phone with Exetel ?
This would have to go through billings@exetel.com.au.

I was in the same boat as you and the process was erroneous and protracted, and I got almost got charged incorrectly for a SECOND time on one of my mobile accounts before the communication between billing and provisioning departments accepted there had been a "glitch" on Exetel's part (I got the same excuse as you it seems). From what little I know, the "glitch" related to mobile phones being ported out and this porting not being recognised / discovered / communicated to Exetel. In my opinion it is inexcusable for Exetel, a telecommunication company, not to be able to figure out if a service of theirs remains active. It is even more inexcusable for such a glitch to go unresolved for more than 3 weeks.

Having said all that, I fully expect the cancellation of ADSL2/phone to go a lot more smoothly. The only thing that I can offer is for you to post back to this forum if things are not proceeding and I'll try forward your post onto a random Exetel email contact in the hope that it gets correctly escalated.