Porting number away from Exetel

Mobile phone plans, SIM card activation and porting issue
CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: Porting number away from Exetel

Post by CoreyPlover » Tue May 20, 2014 3:34 pm

CoreyPlover wrote:I am experiencing the same issue. It has now been 3 weeks since my first email to the Billing department to have this rectified and my service is still showing as "Active" (Ticket number #7832115).
I have received a response from Exetel.

It seems that even though my service was ported to Live Connected and activated on 30 April 2014 (as shown in my Live Connected member facilities) AND the fact that my Exetel SIM card lost network signal that day AND the fact that the SIM was switched over to the Live Connected one and has been used ever since...that Exetel Provisioning / Billing are still insisting that my mobile service remains "active" with them. Nor have they reimbursed me for incorrectly charged costs that may have been left unattended in the 3 weeks it has taken to receive this response.

I have replied...again...to my ticket number (#7832115) with screenshot evidence showing that the Live Connected service for the mobile number in question was activated on 30 April. In the meantime, I am also double checking whether I have made any other obvious oversights (like confusing my SIM cards or something) but everything is currently indicating a breakdown on Exetel's systems for processing the porting away of mobile services and a lack of timely resolution on their part.

Any assistance that is able to be provided by forum support staff would be much appreciated.
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Tue May 20, 2014 5:12 pm

CoreyPlover wrote:
CoreyPlover wrote:I am experiencing the same issue. It has now been 3 weeks since my first email to the Billing department to have this rectified and my service is still showing as "Active" (Ticket number #7832115).
I have received a response from Exetel.

It seems that even though my service was ported to Live Connected and activated on 30 April 2014 (as shown in my Live Connected member facilities) AND the fact that my Exetel SIM card lost network signal that day AND the fact that the SIM was switched over to the Live Connected one and has been used ever since...that Exetel Provisioning / Billing are still insisting that my mobile service remains "active" with them. Nor have they reimbursed me for incorrectly charged costs that may have been left unattended in the 3 weeks it has taken to receive this response.

I have replied...again...to my ticket number (#7832115) with screenshot evidence showing that the Live Connected service for the mobile number in question was activated on 30 April. In the meantime, I am also double checking whether I have made any other obvious oversights (like confusing my SIM cards or something) but everything is currently indicating a breakdown on Exetel's systems for processing the porting away of mobile services and a lack of timely resolution on their part.

Any assistance that is able to be provided by forum support staff would be much appreciated.
I have escalated this to the higher level of the billing department. They will response to you asap.

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Tue May 20, 2014 10:14 pm

Thank you, it was rectified very promptly following my previous post.

Exetel stated that they were previously unable to verify the port out due to a system glitch, but it has now been confirmed and rectified.

All told, this was an incredibly disappointing combination of events and shortcomings on Exetel's part: an abrupt(-ish) and significant billing change, a premature automated billing cycle, a system that failed (and probably still fails) to accurately identify port outs, manual processes that continued to fail to identify port outs even when specifically bought to Billing / Provisioning's attention by the customer, and a protracted resolution process. I can only imagine the extent of Exetel customers that were affected by one, or more, of these deficiencies.
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

blanes

Post by blanes » Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:08 am

Hi, I stumbled upon this thread and it seems I have the same problem

I ported my 3 mobile phone numbers away to Amaysim in the week before my bill was due to end on 31 May 2014.

My 3 numbers correctly ported over to amaysim and have been active there since Thursday 29th May. However on the commence of new billing month 1st June my bank account was debited a total of $37.98 for the 3 phones ( $8 + $14.99 + $14.99 ) even though I was told by exetel that once my numbers ported to amaysim ( which they did ) the account would automatically shutdown and I would NOT be debited.

Anyway since then I have sent 3 emails to exetel - the first to billing was forwarded to provisioning and that was last Tuesday 3rd June and it is 5 days later and I still have not had a reply or an acknowledgment that it is being looked into.

I still have my internet and home line with exetel and have been a customer since 2008, I just find it a bit shoddy that nobody will advise me and also my numbers still show up in my account status as ACTIVE. I suspect the problem is in the system and it got overloaded with so many people porting away, so it is understandable, but someone should be onto by now surely.

Please will somebody look into this and locate my emails and sort this out ie. deposit my $37.98 back to my bank account and shutdown my mobile phone services, all three.

thanks, regards Mark B. 0466 **2 **7 ( main mobile )

ps. I have also PM'd Kavindas with further details in the hope he or someone may attend to this soon. cheers mark.

Kumudh

Post by Kumudh » Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:48 am

blanes wrote:Hi, I stumbled upon this thread and it seems I have the same problem

I ported my 3 mobile phone numbers away to Amaysim in the week before my bill was due to end on 31 May 2014.

My 3 numbers correctly ported over to amaysim and have been active there since Thursday 29th May. However on the commence of new billing month 1st June my bank account was debited a total of $37.98 for the 3 phones ( $8 + $14.99 + $14.99 ) even though I was told by exetel that once my numbers ported to amaysim ( which they did ) the account would automatically shutdown and I would NOT be debited.

Anyway since then I have sent 3 emails to exetel - the first to billing was forwarded to provisioning and that was last Tuesday 3rd June and it is 5 days later and I still have not had a reply or an acknowledgment that it is being looked into.

I still have my internet and home line with exetel and have been a customer since 2008, I just find it a bit shoddy that nobody will advise me and also my numbers still show up in my account status as ACTIVE. I suspect the problem is in the system and it got overloaded with so many people porting away, so it is understandable, but someone should be onto by now surely.

Please will somebody look into this and locate my emails and sort this out ie. deposit my $37.98 back to my bank account and shutdown my mobile phone services, all three.

thanks, regards Mark B. 0466 **2 **7 ( main mobile )

ps. I have also PM'd Kavindas with further details in the hope he or someone may attend to this soon. cheers mark.

Hi Blanes,

I have forwarded this query to the provisioning department under the reference number #7997823

They should be able to sort this out

blanes

Post by blanes » Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:14 am

Thank you Kumudh ... I look forward to hearing from them !

kanem

Post by kanem » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:24 pm

Same problem here for me, I've ported away to another provider but my service is still listed as "Active".

Can you please get this removed before 1st August so I don't get billed and have to go through the process of refunds etc.

Thanks, Kane.

saadbafik
Exetel Staff

Post by saadbafik » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:52 pm

kanem wrote:Same problem here for me, I've ported away to another provider but my service is still listed as "Active".

Can you please get this removed before 1st August so I don't get billed and have to go through the process of refunds etc.

Thanks, Kane.
Hi Kane,

Can you please PM me your Mobile number ?

Regards,
Saad B

sonyn

Post by sonyn » Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:20 pm

I am trying to port my number away from Exetel but not sure which one is my mobile account number:

1. 6-digit "customer number" as printed on monthly bill or
2. 4-digit "account number" as displayed in My Exetel "Service Details"

Thanks,
Sony

angelos
Exetel Staff

Post by angelos » Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:48 pm

sonyn wrote:I am trying to port my number away from Exetel but not sure which one is my mobile account number:

1. 6-digit "customer number" as printed on monthly bill or
2. 4-digit "account number" as displayed in My Exetel "Service Details"

Thanks,
Sony
This is not available for free viewing. You will need to contact Exetel to obtain the account number and will be provided after completing the verification process.

You may call us on 0280301000 or 1300788141 and select option 2.

sonyn

Post by sonyn » Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:47 pm

angelos wrote:This is not available for free viewing. You will need to contact Exetel to obtain the account number and will be provided after completing the verification process.

Thanks, angelos. I called Support last night and the number he gave me is exactly the same number you can see yourself when you log in into My Exetel portal :)

thomashouseman

Post by thomashouseman » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:04 am

sonyn wrote:
angelos wrote:This is not available for free viewing. You will need to contact Exetel to obtain the account number and will be provided after completing the verification process.

Thanks, angelos. I called Support last night and the number he gave me is exactly the same number you can see yourself when you log in into My Exetel portal :)
Hi Sonyn,

Was this the "account number" as displayed in My Exetel "Service Details"?

Thanks,

T.