Upper Hunter Mobile service GONE!

Mobile phone plans, SIM card activation and porting issue
Brooksy

Upper Hunter Mobile service GONE!

Post by Brooksy » Sun May 18, 2014 2:56 pm

G'day,
I have 3 phones with Exetel and all lost service yesterday, we've had no mobile, sms or internet service since.

Any idea what is happening with Optus?

Has Optus turned its toes up?

HashiniA
Exetel Staff

Re: Upper Hunter Mobile service GONE!

Post by HashiniA » Sun May 18, 2014 4:47 pm

Brooksy wrote:G'day,
I have 3 phones with Exetel and all lost service yesterday, we've had no mobile, sms or internet service since.

Any idea what is happening with Optus?

Has Optus turned its toes up?
Hi Brooksy,

We will escalate your issue to our wholesale supplier to check any known network related issues in your area. You may quote the ticket ID: 7912828 for any future reference.

Brooksy

Post by Brooksy » Mon May 19, 2014 8:11 am

Service returned to normal.......

Seems a bit weird that they'd take an entire region out for over 24 hours with no notification.

angelos
Exetel Staff

Post by angelos » Mon May 19, 2014 8:29 am

The issue could have been with the area. Unfortunately we are yet to receive an update in this regard.

We will let you know about the cause via the ticket created for you.

Brooksy

Post by Brooksy » Mon May 19, 2014 8:41 am

Thank you.

HashiniA
Exetel Staff

Post by HashiniA » Mon May 19, 2014 12:38 pm

Brooksy wrote:Service returned to normal.......

Seems a bit weird that they'd take an entire region out for over 24 hours with no notification.
Optus confirmed that there was an issue over the weekend affecting the Cessnock to Scone area.

The issue has now been resolved by network engineers. Exetel apologies for any inconvenience may caused.

Brooksy

Post by Brooksy » Thu May 22, 2014 8:20 am

HashiniA wrote:
Brooksy wrote:Service returned to normal.......

Optus confirmed that there was an issue over the weekend affecting the Cessnock to Scone area.

The issue has now been resolved by network engineers. Exetel apologies for any inconvenience may caused.

As we had no service for so long, we hope we are compensated for this. I know Optus customers are being compensated, so let's make sure we are compensated as well.

Brooksy

Re: Upper Hunter Mobile service GONE! - Hackers!

Post by Brooksy » Tue May 27, 2014 11:19 am

I have been talking to locals regarding this service outage. Apparently this was due to hackers. Apparently the hackers were able to get access to user's private information via the Optus network.

My question is, did Exetel receive this same information? If not, can you please ask Optus why not? If so, why were we not informed? How safe is/was our personal details and private data. Was any of Exetel's user data compromised?

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Re: Upper Hunter Mobile service GONE! - Hackers!

Post by KavindaS » Tue May 27, 2014 11:47 am

Brooksy wrote:I have been talking to locals regarding this service outage. Apparently this was due to hackers. Apparently the hackers were able to get access to user's private information via the Optus network.

My question is, did Exetel receive this same information? If not, can you please ask Optus why not? If so, why were we not informed? How safe is/was our personal details and private data. Was any of Exetel's user data compromised?
We have been informed only about the supplier network outage. I will forward your information to the supplier faults department and inquire about it. Once we have the details including the compensation, I will update you via ticket ID: 7912828.