False Excess Spend Message and Mobile Blocked UGH!

Mobile phone plans, SIM card activation and porting issue
Fr33

False Excess Spend Message and Mobile Blocked UGH!

Post by Fr33 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:24 am

Just got my mobile phone blocked saying that I have used 166% of the Excess Spend Management Threshold.

I have not even used 50% yet to get the first message and I am being hit up for $100!

Please sort this mess out ASAP.

I have logged a ticket.

angelos
Exetel Staff

Re: False Excess Spend Message and Mobile Blocked UGH!

Post by angelos » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:28 am

Fr33 wrote:Just got my mobile phone blocked saying that I have used 166% of the Excess Spend Management Threshold.

I have not even used 50% yet to get the first message and I am being hit up for $100!

Please sort this mess out ASAP.

I have logged a ticket.
First of all apologies for the inconvenience. :( It's yet another system glitch which is being looked into and should be sorted out soon.

Fr33

Post by Fr33 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:32 am

Thanks man

Mort

Post by Mort » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:41 am

I just got a 229% over excess notification! And the kicker is this service was ported away from Exetel today... so I'm really hoping there isn't going to be some crazy excess charge put on this service.
As we know, there are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns. That is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, the ones we don't know we don't know.

angelos
Exetel Staff

Post by angelos » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:21 am

Fr33 wrote:Thanks man
The issue should be fixed now.
Mort wrote:I just got a 229% over excess notification! And the kicker is this service was ported away from Exetel today... so I'm really hoping there isn't going to be some crazy excess charge put on this service.
Could you please PM me the service number so that I could take a look?

Mixer

Post by Mixer » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:29 am

I have also had my service blocked, the spend dollar figure has been confused with the percentage used.
What the...
RAND-NBN50- ZTE H268A

Mort

Post by Mort » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:49 am

Pm sent. The service still seems to be working though, possibly because it was ported away yesterday. It is CRITICAL that nothing happens to it today as my daughter will be going to hospital for surgery and my wife needs this phone to be working.
As we know, there are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns. That is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, the ones we don't know we don't know.

smeggy6969

Post by smeggy6969 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:51 am

I have also received one of these messages but the usage is currently 41.8% for calls and 7.9% for data on the mobile, phone is $0.46 so far this month and my ADSl is about 30%! WTF

Mort

Post by Mort » Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:55 am

My current usage spend seems to have reset back to expected levels now, so just hoping it was an erroneous report that hasn't triggered an actual service block.

smeggy6969

Post by smeggy6969 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:06 pm

Just received a SMS saying "as a result of a system fault your mobile service was temporarily suspended".

It is all working, so all good :)

angelos
Exetel Staff

Post by angelos » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:03 am

Mort wrote:Pm sent. The service still seems to be working though, possibly because it was ported away yesterday. It is CRITICAL that nothing happens to it today as my daughter will be going to hospital for surgery and my wife needs this phone to be working.
I have forwarded this query to our Provisioning team under the reference #8156146

They should be able to check on this. However if it has been ported out it should be made inactive in our Systems soon.

You will be advised if there are any issues.

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:17 pm

angelos wrote:It's yet another system glitch which is being looked into and should be sorted out soon.
"Yet another"...

I'm sorry, but this speaks volumes about Exetel's level of technical competency. ADSL provisioning and quota reported seem to be adequate and stable. But mobile plans and general billings procedures seem to suffer from a different "technical glitch" every month.
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au