Can ANYONE send emails via Mail app on Iphone?

Mobile phone plans, SIM card activation and porting issue
rigs

Can ANYONE send emails via Mail app on Iphone?

Post by rigs » Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:44 am

I have setup my iphone to send and receive emails. It doesn't send them.
I have ADSL with Exetel, and a mobile phone service with them as well. So I should be able to send email from Exetels mobile service from my phone.
So I spoke to Exetel support, and they verified my settings are correct. All the SMTP settings are as advised by Exetel, but it still doesn't work. I setup a gmail account and it works fine.
Send email didn't work on my last iphone, and doesn't work on the new one.
All Exetel support could say, was to speak to Apple Support as the fault must be with the phone.
So I spend 2 hours jumping thru Apple support hoops to get email working - all to no avail.

So whats the story, does ANYONE have their iphone SENDING email via the email app?

angelos
Exetel Staff

Re: Can ANYONE send emails via Mail app on Iphone?

Post by angelos » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:02 am

rigs wrote:I have setup my iphone to send and receive emails. It doesn't send them.
I have ADSL with Exetel, and a mobile phone service with them as well. So I should be able to send email from Exetels mobile service from my phone.
So I spoke to Exetel support, and they verified my settings are correct. All the SMTP settings are as advised by Exetel, but it still doesn't work. I setup a gmail account and it works fine.
Send email didn't work on my last iphone, and doesn't work on the new one.
All Exetel support could say, was to speak to Apple Support as the fault must be with the phone.
So I spend 2 hours jumping thru Apple support hoops to get email working - all to no avail.

So whats the story, does ANYONE have their iphone SENDING email via the email app?
Have you tried setting it up with the settings provided on the following website?

http://exewiki.exetel.com.au/index.php? ... tup_Guides

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Dazzled » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:13 am

The usual problem I see on these phones for outgoing-
It is SMTP, port 25, NO authentication, NO secure connection.

rigs

Post by rigs » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:13 am

Yes I have followed all those guides. Followed Exetel staff directions, tried and tried again with Apple tech geniuses...
Doesn't work.

Who has a WORKING SENDING EMAIL iphone, with Exetel?
And what are the settings you have to get it to work ?

angelos
Exetel Staff

Post by angelos » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:00 pm

rigs wrote:Yes I have followed all those guides. Followed Exetel staff directions, tried and tried again with Apple tech geniuses...
Doesn't work.

Who has a WORKING SENDING EMAIL iphone, with Exetel?
And what are the settings you have to get it to work ?
If you are connected via your wifi (EXETEL) for data, you will need to use smtp.<state>.exemail.com.au

However if you are using your mobile data you will need to use the outgoing mail server of that particular mobile provider.

Since you have mentioned your mobile is also with us you should be using mail.optusnet.com.au

The other settings are as Dazzled advised.

If nothing works for you, you could try setting up the account from scratch; It helps at times.

rigs

Post by rigs » Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:03 pm

I have always had that optus server in my list of SMTP servers.
It still doesn't work. No one at Exetel has said it should be my primary or solitary SMTP server .....does it have to be ??

I appreciate replies that have been made here ... but can you attest to having a working iPhone, sending emai,l from the Mail app, via Exetel mobile service, using an Exetel email address????

If you are one of the above, love to hear how !!!

rigs

Post by rigs » Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:39 pm

NEWS FLASH !!!! NEWS FLASH !!!!

After doing my own testing it appears that IF " smtp.optusnet.com.au / no SSL / port 25 " is your PRIMARY SMTP server............... it works !!!!

HALLEJUYA !!!!

EXETEL .........PLEASE change all your guides to reflect this as it appears the Iphone does NOT check the other SMTP servers in the list, as it implies it does.
I have had six or more SMTP servers listed as SECONDARIES....with SMTP.NSW.EXEMAIL.COM.AU as primary, it never worked.

With optusnet server as PRIMARY, worked first time. Save all your customers a heap of stress and heartache and rewrite your MOBILE SETUP GUIDES. ffs.
Last edited by rigs on Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

ShaminG
Exetel Staff

Post by ShaminG » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:25 pm

Glad to hear it started working for you and thanks for sharing the information.