Porting still not complete!

Mobile phone plans, SIM card activation and porting issue
tbishop

Porting still not complete!

Post by tbishop » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:31 am

Hello,
I've been waiting for a week to get my mobile number ported from Telstra to Exetel. I have provided the correct account number twice, but it is still not going through. Each time I ring I'm told to wait 24hrs.
The phone number is 0488xxxxxx under account ID 194917.
Can someone look into this and let me know why the port still hasn't gone through? Previous numbers ported to this account only took an hour or two.
Thanks
Jim

angelos
Exetel Staff

Re: Porting still not complete!

Post by angelos » Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:12 pm

tbishop wrote:Hello,
I've been waiting for a week to get my mobile number ported from Telstra to Exetel. I have provided the correct account number twice, but it is still not going through. Each time I ring I'm told to wait 24hrs.
The phone number is 0488xxxxxx under account ID 194917.
Can someone look into this and let me know why the port still hasn't gone through? Previous numbers ported to this account only took an hour or two.
Thanks
Jim
Hi Jim,

Unfortunately this is being delayed due to an outage with the activations on mobile services. This is quite a large issue and is currently being looked into for a permanent fix, but we do not have an ETR yet.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

tbishop

Post by tbishop » Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:19 pm

Hi Jim,

Unfortunately this is being delayed due to an outage with the activations on mobile services. This is quite a large issue and is currently being looked into for a permanent fix, but we do not have an ETR yet.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.
Thanks Angelos, I'm very surprised to hear this as none of the Exetel staff I have spoken to mentioned it.
Unfortunately I can't wait any longer though, are you able to cancel the order please?

tbishop

Post by tbishop » Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:44 pm

Scratch that, it's just activated! :D Thank you very much!