Mobile not not receiving inbound calls or TXT

Mobile phone plans, SIM card activation and porting issue
Pfitzy

Mobile not not receiving inbound calls or TXT

Post by Pfitzy » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:28 pm

This has been happening for at least the last 36 hours - people trying to ring me for important things go straight to "this number you have called is switched off, or not currently available" message. Or they just ring out. My phone makes no noise, there is no visible sign of a call/text. On another phone we tested for SMS it says "Sending" but never gets there.

I can make outbound calls and texts without an issue.

I've tried rebooting the phone twice, and reconnected to the network inside Android settings.

Android Nexus 5X with Android 7.1.1 (Security patch 5 March 2017 - also happened on Security patch 5 Feb 2017).

This is pretty serious as work may need to contact me at short notice, and this number is used for a variety of two-step verification methods.
Friendly fire, isn't...

Pfitzy

Re: Mobile not not receiving inbound calls or TXT

Post by Pfitzy » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:38 pm

And yes, I've checked the outage map. Its not very helpful, because it says "you may experience issues" at a nearby tower for mobile voice, but I'm only experiencing them in one direction.

Call quality for outbound is fine. I just can't get inbound to work.
Friendly fire, isn't...

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:27 pm

Pfitzy wrote:And yes, I've checked the outage map. Its not very helpful, because it says "you may experience issues" at a nearby tower for mobile voice, but I'm only experiencing them in one direction.

Call quality for outbound is fine. I just can't get inbound to work.
There are 2 active mobile accounts under your customer id. Could you please confirm whether you refer to the mobile number ending with 760 or 803?

Pfitzy

Post by Pfitzy » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:37 am

The one ending in 706

It seems to have resolved itself overnight. I left the phone off for 7 hours in order to try and drop the connection entirely.

I'd still like to know what happened and how to fix it.
Friendly fire, isn't...

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:42 pm

Pfitzy wrote:The one ending in 706

It seems to have resolved itself overnight. I left the phone off for 7 hours in order to try and drop the connection entirely.

I'd still like to know what happened and how to fix it.
I have checked in Optus outages history and there were no known network issues have reported. Therefore I have emailed them to check if any fix have applied during the mentioned time frame. I will update you as soon as we receive an update.