Porting numbers into Exetel

Mobile phone plans, SIM card activation and porting issue
doggy
Posts: 160
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2004 10:18 pm
Location: Avalon, NSW

Porting numbers into Exetel

Post by doggy » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:59 pm

I am a long term (since 2004) Exetel customer with NBN and one mobile SIM at the moment.

I have two other SIMS which are with MyNetFone (old Pennysim) and they have been ratcheting their prices and are about to do so again.

So, I would like to port both numbers to Exetel Sims on the 1.5GB/12month plans.

Can I do the whole process through Exetel or do I need to do something with MNF as well?

What is the approximate "down time" during which I will have no mobile service?

Thanks,
Dave

taniya
Exetel Staff
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:20 pm
Location: Sri lanka

Re: Porting numbers into Exetel

Post by taniya » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:07 pm

Hi David,

We will get in touch with you shortly to assist you further with your inquiry.

James
Exetel Staff
Posts: 1974
Joined: Mon May 09, 2005 10:27 pm

Re: Porting numbers into Exetel

Post by James » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:32 pm

You would of course need to contact hte losing provider to ensure they have ceased billing you.

doggy
Posts: 160
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2004 10:18 pm
Location: Avalon, NSW

Re: Porting numbers into Exetel

Post by doggy » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:30 pm

Thanks,
I have applied for both and the web process was incredibly smooth and quick.

Plus Exetel rang to answer my forum question!

So, all great so far.

Thanks,
Dave

jpurssey
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:25 am
Location: NSW
Contact:

Re: Porting numbers into Exetel

Post by jpurssey » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:51 am

I hope this will trigger a similar speedy response.
  1. I received a sim two days ago to port a second number from vodaphone to Exetel.
  2. On the services page of My Exetel the status has remained pending for these two days since attempting to activate.
  3. Vodaphone has contacted us and we have confirmed that we want the number ported away from them.
  4. I have contacted you by phone (my other mobile with you) twice, the last time at about 1400hrs 14-Feb-2018 ,and twice have been advised the port would happen within 4 hours. - Reference 12619046
  5. The vodaphone sim is still active
I hope you can resolve this quickly so that the sim can be used today.
John

User avatar
nicoler
Exetel Staff
Posts: 116
Joined: Thu May 02, 2013 12:16 pm
Location: COLOMBO

Re: Porting numbers into Exetel

Post by nicoler » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:04 pm

jpurssey wrote:I hope this will trigger a similar speedy response.
  1. I received a sim two days ago to port a second number from vodaphone to Exetel.
  2. On the services page of My Exetel the status has remained pending for these two days since attempting to activate.
  3. Vodaphone has contacted us and we have confirmed that we want the number ported away from them.
  4. I have contacted you by phone (my other mobile with you) twice, the last time at about 1400hrs 14-Feb-2018 ,and twice have been advised the port would happen within 4 hours. - Reference 12619046
  5. The vodaphone sim is still active
I hope you can resolve this quickly so that the sim can be used today.
Hi

Please be advised that we have already escalated this to our development team and we will keep you notified once the service is activated and is ready to be used.

Regards

Nicole

jpurssey
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:25 am
Location: NSW
Contact:

Re: Porting numbers into Exetel

Post by jpurssey » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:10 pm

Thank-you.

All fixed now.
John

keithw
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:16 pm

Re: Porting numbers into Exetel

Post by keithw » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:04 pm

I am waiting for my mobile to be ported from Amaysim to Exetel.
I logged into the Myexetel portal and pressed the activate button next to my mobile number.
This was done last Friday 15th Feb.
It is now Tuesday 19th Feb and the activation status is still pending.
Why is this porting and activation taking so long.
It is more than 3 business days.
Please investigate asap and let me know

User avatar
KavindaS
Forum Admin
Posts: 2264
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:59 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Porting numbers into Exetel

Post by KavindaS » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:08 pm

keithw wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:04 pm
I am waiting for my mobile to be ported from Amaysim to Exetel.
I logged into the Myexetel portal and pressed the activate button next to my mobile number.
This was done last Friday 15th Feb.
It is now Tuesday 19th Feb and the activation status is still pending.
Why is this porting and activation taking so long.
It is more than 3 business days.
Please investigate asap and let me know
PM me your mobile service number and I will check with the provisioning department.

keithw
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:16 pm

Re: Porting numbers into Exetel

Post by keithw » Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:20 pm

Hi Kavinda

Did you receive my details by PM.

Can you advise the porting status of my mobile number.

It has now been 5 business days and the porting still has not been completed.

Please advise ASAP

Regards

Keith

User avatar
KavindaS
Forum Admin
Posts: 2264
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:59 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Porting numbers into Exetel

Post by KavindaS » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:09 pm

keithw wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:20 pm
Hi Kavinda
Did you receive my details by PM.
Can you advise the porting status of my mobile number.
It has now been 5 business days and the porting still has not been completed.
Please advise ASAP
Regards
Keith
Hi Keith,

This has been already escalated including the other number still pending. You will receive a call from one of the provisioning agents tomorrow, as they need to re confirm few details for the supplier rejection.

carrie
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon May 27, 2019 11:31 am

Re: Porting numbers into Exetel

Post by carrie » Mon May 27, 2019 12:00 pm

Hi Exetel team,

I have been waiting for my mobile to be ported from Optus to Exetel.
I logged into the My Exetel portal and clicked the "activate" button next to my mobile number. This was done last Tuesday 21st May.
It is now Monday 27th May and the activation status is still pending.
Why is this porting and activation taking so long? It has been more than 3 business days. And I don't have any mobile number that I can use during this period to call Exetel nor Optus to check.
Please investigate asap and let me know. Thank you.

User avatar
KavindaS
Forum Admin
Posts: 2264
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:59 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Porting numbers into Exetel

Post by KavindaS » Mon May 27, 2019 6:16 pm

carrie wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 12:00 pm
Hi Exetel team,

I have been waiting for my mobile to be ported from Optus to Exetel.
I logged into the My Exetel portal and clicked the "activate" button next to my mobile number. This was done last Tuesday 21st May.
It is now Monday 27th May and the activation status is still pending.
Why is this porting and activation taking so long? It has been more than 3 business days. And I don't have any mobile number that I can use during this period to call Exetel nor Optus to check.
Please investigate asap and let me know. Thank you.
I need you to PM me your mobile service number, so I can check this with our provisioning team.

carrie
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon May 27, 2019 11:31 am

Re: Porting numbers into Exetel

Post by carrie » Mon May 27, 2019 6:57 pm

Hi, I have already PMed you my mobile number.
May I know if you have received it?
Appreciate your help to resolve my porting problem asap.
Thank you.

carrie
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon May 27, 2019 11:31 am

Re: Porting numbers into Exetel

Post by carrie » Tue May 28, 2019 2:47 pm

KavindaS wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 6:16 pm
carrie wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 12:00 pm
Hi Exetel team,

I have been waiting for my mobile to be ported from Optus to Exetel.
I logged into the My Exetel portal and clicked the "activate" button next to my mobile number. This was done last Tuesday 21st May.
It is now Monday 27th May and the activation status is still pending.
Why is this porting and activation taking so long? It has been more than 3 business days. And I don't have any mobile number that I can use during this period to call Exetel nor Optus to check.
Please investigate asap and let me know. Thank you.
I need you to PM me your mobile service number, so I can check this with our provisioning team.
Hi KavindaS,

May I know if you have received my mobile number via PM? Appreciate your help to look into my porting issue ASAP. Thank you.

Post Reply