No Mobile Data and No SMS

Mobile phone plans, SIM card activation and porting issue
Post Reply
cebovolenta
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:30 pm

No Mobile Data and No SMS

Post by cebovolenta » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:18 am

Hello.

I've just ported my SIM plan from Optus to Exetel.
The phone calls are working fine (I can make and receive phone calls).

The problems I have:

1. Mobile Data is not working. I tried multiple APN settings, but the one that seems correct from the letter I received from Exetel is yesinternet, which is the same I was using while with Optus and it worked fine, including 4G.

2. SMS is not working. I cannot send or receive SMS messages. Again, the MMS settings I have are the same as I had before with Optus.

My phone is a Samsung J1 (SM-J100Y provided and unlocked by Optus). Android version 4.4.4

Can you please help?

Thanks!

User avatar
KavindaS
Forum Admin
Posts: 2365
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:59 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: No Mobile Data and No SMS

Post by KavindaS » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:24 am

cebovolenta wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:18 am
Hello.

I've just ported my SIM plan from Optus to Exetel.
The phone calls are working fine (I can make and receive phone calls).

The problems I have:

1. Mobile Data is not working. I tried multiple APN settings, but the one that seems correct from the letter I received from Exetel is yesinternet, which is the same I was using while with Optus and it worked fine, including 4G.

2. SMS is not working. I cannot send or receive SMS messages. Again, the MMS settings I have are the same as I had before with Optus.

My phone is a Samsung J1 (SM-J100Y provided and unlocked by Optus). Android version 4.4.4

Can you please help?

Thanks!
Sorry to hear that your Exetel experience hasn’t been great so far. We’ll be in touch very soon to see if we can fix that for you. I need to first check the back end configuration for the affected features. Therefore, please send me a PM including your mobile 10 digits number.

cebovolenta
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:30 pm

Re: No Mobile Data and No SMS

Post by cebovolenta » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:35 am

Provided the number via PM. Thanks!

User avatar
KavindaS
Forum Admin
Posts: 2365
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:59 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: No Mobile Data and No SMS

Post by KavindaS » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:05 pm

cebovolenta wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:35 am
Provided the number via PM. Thanks!
PM have received and I will check on this for you.

cebovolenta
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:30 pm

Re: No Mobile Data and No SMS

Post by cebovolenta » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:52 pm

It suddenly started to work: phone calls, 4G and SMS. All good now!

Not sure what was done in Exetel side, so if you could share what happened I would really appreciate as if it happens at some point in the future, we will have a good clue on what's wrong.

Thanks!

User avatar
KavindaS
Forum Admin
Posts: 2365
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:59 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: No Mobile Data and No SMS

Post by KavindaS » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:42 pm

cebovolenta wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:52 pm
It suddenly started to work: phone calls, 4G and SMS. All good now!

Not sure what was done in Exetel side, so if you could share what happened I would really appreciate as if it happens at some point in the future, we will have a good clue on what's wrong.

Thanks!
I have checked this with our provisioning department, since there was an issue with the activation status. They have manually activated service and as a result of this your service is working now. This shouldn't be an issue in the future, as the records are now 100% active.

Post Reply