New sim activation

Mobile phone plans, SIM card activation and porting issue
Post Reply
ipz9rv
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:11 pm

New sim activation

Post by ipz9rv » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:06 pm

Hi,

I would like to know when my new sim will be activated. I've got my new Exetel sim today (26/03/19) and went through the activation process yesterday (25/03/19). But Exetel website it shows pending and still I can see the activation button next to. My previous provider was Catch connect which uses OPTUS network, I am just wondering is it under processing or something went wrong.

User avatar
KavindaS
Forum Admin
Posts: 2423
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:59 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: New sim activation

Post by KavindaS » Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:51 pm

ipz9rv wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:06 pm
Hi,

I would like to know when my new sim will be activated. I've got my new Exetel sim today (26/03/19) and went through the activation process yesterday (25/03/19). But Exetel website it shows pending and still I can see the activation button next to. My previous provider was Catch connect which uses OPTUS network, I am just wondering is it under processing or something went wrong.
This is seems to be a port in request. However, I need to check the activation status on your service from the back end. Therefore, PM me your mobile service number to check on this.

ipz9rv
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:11 pm

Re: New sim activation

Post by ipz9rv » Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:30 pm

PM sent. Thanks.

ipz9rv
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:11 pm

Re: New sim activation

Post by ipz9rv » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:55 pm

KavindaS wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:51 pm
ipz9rv wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:06 pm
Hi,

I would like to know when my new sim will be activated. I've got my new Exetel sim today (26/03/19) and went through the activation process yesterday (25/03/19). But Exetel website it shows pending and still I can see the activation button next to. My previous provider was Catch connect which uses OPTUS network, I am just wondering is it under processing or something went wrong.
This is seems to be a port in request. However, I need to check the activation status on your service from the back end. Therefore, PM me your mobile service number to check on this.
PM sent. Thanks.

User avatar
KavindaS
Forum Admin
Posts: 2423
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:59 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: New sim activation

Post by KavindaS » Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:33 am

ipz9rv wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:30 pm
PM sent. Thanks.
I have received the PM and thank you. I have escalated this with the provisioning department to check the status and provide you a feedback accordingly.

ipz9rv
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:11 pm

Re: New sim activation

Post by ipz9rv » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:22 am

ipz9rv wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:55 pm
KavindaS wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:51 pm
ipz9rv wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:06 pm
Hi,

I would like to know when my new sim will be activated. I've got my new Exetel sim today (26/03/19) and went through the activation process yesterday (25/03/19). But Exetel website it shows pending and still I can see the activation button next to. My previous provider was Catch connect which uses OPTUS network, I am just wondering is it under processing or something went wrong.
This is seems to be a port in request. However, I need to check the activation status on your service from the back end. Therefore, PM me your mobile service number to check on this.
PM sent. Thanks.
Thanks. Seems my previous service has been disconnected but Exetel is not activated yet.

User avatar
KavindaS
Forum Admin
Posts: 2423
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:59 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: New sim activation

Post by KavindaS » Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:13 pm

ipz9rv wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:22 am
Thanks. Seems my previous service has been disconnected but Exetel is not activated yet.
Exetel provision status still pending. If the previous sim stopped working, it appears to be now 50% of the change has been completed. I have informed, and one of the provisioning team member is currently working on this. They will provide you a feedback accordingly.

ipz9rv
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:11 pm

Re: New sim activation

Post by ipz9rv » Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:27 pm

Exetel provision status still pending. If the previous sim stopped working, it appears to be now 50% of the change has been completed. I have informed, and one of the provisioning team member is currently working on this. They will provide you a feedback accordingly.
[/quote]

Thanks for your action. Hopefully, it will work soon as I can't make/receive any calls/sms.

User avatar
KavindaS
Forum Admin
Posts: 2423
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:59 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: New sim activation

Post by KavindaS » Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:31 pm

ipz9rv wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:27 pm
Exetel provision status still pending. If the previous sim stopped working, it appears to be now 50% of the change has been completed. I have informed, and one of the provisioning team member is currently working on this. They will provide you a feedback accordingly.
Thanks for your action. Hopefully, it will work soon as I can't make/receive any calls/sms.
[/quote]

It should work, if there is no back-end activation issues. Please wait for their feedback and move forward with the response.

ipz9rv
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:11 pm

Re: New sim activation

Post by ipz9rv » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:26 am

KavindaS wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:31 pm
ipz9rv wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:27 pm
Exetel provision status still pending. If the previous sim stopped working, it appears to be now 50% of the change has been completed. I have informed, and one of the provisioning team member is currently working on this. They will provide you a feedback accordingly.
Thanks for your action. Hopefully, it will work soon as I can't make/receive any calls/sms.
It should work, if there is no back-end activation issues. Please wait for their feedback and move forward with the response.
[/quote]

All done, Thanks for your help Kavinda :P

User avatar
KavindaS
Forum Admin
Posts: 2423
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:59 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: New sim activation

Post by KavindaS » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:38 am

ipz9rv wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:26 am
[All done, Thanks for your help Kavinda :P
Always nice to hear the good news is coming from the other side :)

Post Reply